The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yua
are all the rest on a rolling basis?

yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 861

was hoping to apply once I start university so I could say I was a member of the finance soc, but I start on the 1st of Oct...
Original post by Yua
was hoping to apply once I start university so I could say I was a member of the finance soc, but I start on the 1st of Oct...

honestly, this year if you send off apps by November you're good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
honestly, this year if you send off apps by November you're good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats different about this year?
Original post by Gladiatorsword

summer analyst processes haven't even fully kicked off, some banks haven't opened yet.. generally just seems slower than last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865

It has been one hell of a summer, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, which banks do spring weeks on a rolling basis and which do it on a non rolling basis?
summer analyst processes haven't even fully kicked off, some banks haven't opened yet.. generally just seems slower than last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It interesting how they have made the process much later then usual. I know that full time offers for the past few years have been coming out later and later aswell.
Original post by honeysugar
Sorry, which banks do spring weeks on a rolling basis and which do it on a non rolling basis?

bruh

GS is non-rolling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 869
Random thought - I've just remembered how terrible the UBS interface is. Definitely the worst.
Does anyone know when Fidelity opens? Every other programme (even their sixth form Early Insight programme) is open - just not the spring week...
Original post by amylouisetommo
Does anyone know when Fidelity opens? Every other programme (even their sixth form Early Insight programme) is open - just not the spring week...

fidelity has an SW?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
fidelity has an SW?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was a women's spring week - this year it is opened up to all, I believe. You're welcome :tongue:
Last year it was a women's spring week - this year it is opened up to all, I believe. You're welcome :tongue:

GG. So similar to RBS' 'female spring week' which is also open to everyone lool.

Thanks for the info though!

How are you feeling about this round of applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps this year should be men's only, to keep things equal
Original post by anonwinner
Perhaps this year should be men's only, to keep things equal

As a female, I'm only applying because it's open to everyone... I'm not particularly loving the whole 'positive discrimination' thing either!

GG. So similar to RBS' 'female spring week' which is also open to everyone lool.

Thanks for the info though!

How are you feeling about this round of applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile

idk what RBS are doing this year, the new progression route was explained when I was there in summer 2015, but it seems to have all changed again!

I'm not feeling too bad about this year's cycle, I've already got a few apps submitted - hopefully I've put enough work in over the last year to make them good ones, and (doubly) hopefully managed to keep my maths skills passable :colondollar: How about you?
Hi team

Just thought I would introduce myself to this thread as I have been stalking it over the last couple of weeks. I am probably going into Uni from a slightly different perspective as I have spent a couple years working in finance after finishing college to get some experience, but now I am joining everyone in their first year in applying for Spring Weeks.

I have to say, I am absolutely scared of the numerical tests, I have a couple of applications that I am ready to submit but I am just scared of submitting them as I expect a numerical test request near enough instantly. So I thought I would try and get some practice in before I think I am ready to submit. But now I am hearing some firms are not submitting numerical tests?

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

P.S - I made some calls and found out Barclays is opening in November and Citi in the next couple of weeks.
Original post by BusMan21
Hi team

Just thought I would introduce myself to this thread as I have been stalking it over the last couple of weeks. I am probably going into Uni from a slightly different perspective as I have spent a couple years working in finance after finishing college to get some experience, but now I am joining everyone in their first year in applying for Spring Weeks.

I have to say, I am absolutely scared of the numerical tests, I have a couple of applications that I am ready to submit but I am just scared of submitting them as I expect a numerical test request near enough instantly. So I thought I would try and get some practice in before I think I am ready to submit. But now I am hearing some firms are not submitting numerical tests?

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

P.S - I made some calls and found out Barclays is opening in November and Citi in the next couple of weeks.

Welcome to the thread pal.
You weren't part of a big4 school leaver programme were you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome to the thread pal.
You weren't part of a big4 school leaver programme were you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks GW. Nah I wasn't, it was much smaller firm on a rotational scheme and then I moved into an Analyst position.

idk what RBS are doing this year, the new progression route was explained when I was there in summer 2015, but it seems to have all changed again!

I'm not feeling too bad about this year's cycle, I've already got a few apps submitted - hopefully I've put enough work in over the last year to make them good ones, and (doubly) hopefully managed to keep my maths skills passable :colondollar: How about you?

Lol same, they're being so haphazard with their recruiting.. I don't even think they'll be hiring any grads/summer interns in front office this year. That said, still enjoyed the insight programme there - met a lot of cool people.

Fingers crossed for you then! I remember you saying a few months ago that you were doing a four year course, do you think that extra year of prep you've had has helped bolster your application this time round? Weighing up whether to apply this year or wait til next since I'm considering a year abroad.

For me, short of the disaster of exams/unexpected change of uni, I think I've matured a lot on this gap year I've just come off of. So hopefully that's reflected in my interviews and applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending