The Student Room Group

How to get good as grades ?

I'm less than two weeks into school and I've already done dropped a subject. I really want to do really well in them now that I'm only taking 3, but I don't know how to get revision organised, I feel that if I had revised more effectively for GCSEs I could've gone up at least a grade in most subjects it's just I have no idea what I'm doing.
Reply 1
Original post by daisy dy
I'm less than two weeks into school and I've already done dropped a subject. I really want to do really well in them now that I'm only taking 3, but I don't know how to get revision organised, I feel that if I had revised more effectively for GCSEs I could've gone up at least a grade in most subjects it's just I have no idea what I'm doing.

Don't
Reply 2
Sorry about that reply :biggrin: i pressed submit too early. What subjects are you doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Do you do reformed subjects?

If so, it is very difficult for us as we lack resources (e.g. revision guides and past papers), compared to people of previous years. But as long as we try, I'm sure we can get good grades :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BR1999
Sorry about that reply :biggrin: i pressed submit too early. What subjects are you doing?

I'm taking Psychology, Sociology, English Literature and also History of art as an enrichment subject
Reply 5
Original post by daisy dy
I'm taking Psychology, Sociology, English Literature and also History of art as an enrichment subject

I don't take those subjects but all my friends do and they got A's at AS.

In psychology and sociolgy all my friend did was wirte essays. It's such a broad subject that you can't revise everything, so just try to understand all. If you don't want to write essays then do plans, it works just the same. For organisation i can help you becasue i does essay subjects. I got an A4 folder and split it up into the units I'll be studying. Then i print of the exam specification and make your my class notes are in line with it and for revision i annotate the spec.

For English lit my friend just got enlarged versions of book pages and annotated it and wrote practice essay each night. :h:
Reply 6
Original post by BR1999
I don't take those subjects but all my friends do and they got A's at AS.

In psychology and sociolgy all my friend did was wirte essays. It's such a broad subject that you can't revise everything, so just try to understand all. If you don't want to write essays then do plans, it works just the same. For organisation i can help you becasue i does essay subjects. I got an A4 folder and split it up into the units I'll be studying. Then i print of the exam specification and make your my class notes are in line with it and for revision i annotate the spec.

For English lit my friend just got enlarged versions of book pages and annotated it and wrote practice essay each night. :h:

Thanks so much I'll definitely do that, psychology has only been taught at my school for 3 years and sociology is new this year so I'm trying to find out information online more than from the teachers because they don't fully know what to expect either. Thanks so much for your advice I really appreciate it :h:

Quick Reply

Latest