The Student Room Group

I've had 0 friends for the last 10 years.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robertpiktos
It's not my fault.
I was nice and tried befriending them but they turned me down.

Being nice doesn't necessarily make you likable
Since 9th grade i've had absoutely 0 friends.

Everyone needs friends but it's only luck if they are good friends who actually want to spend time with you or make time to text, ring often
Friends i've known for years are **** friends but two people i met 2 years ago and
3 months ago turned out to be better friends than the one's i've known for many years.
Type Citysocializer on google to try to find new friends
It's for anyone of any age but the youngest person i saw on it was 17
Original post by Judge Jules
Everyone needs friends but it's only luck if they are good friends who actually want to spend time with you or make time to text, ring often
Friends i've known for years are **** friends but two people i met 2 years ago and
3 months ago turned out to be better friends than the one's i've known for many years.
Type Citysocializer on google to try to find new friends
It's for anyone of any age but the youngest person i saw on it was 17

How old are you?.
How old are you?.

Why do you want to know my age ?
How old are you?.

Because i'm 24 and haven't had any friends since I was 14.
Because i'm 24 and haven't had any friends since I was 14.

35 but i look younger and act younger. Sometimes when i go in the supermarket to buy a cheap bottle of wine the sales assistant says i must show i d then when i tell them my age they are so shocked. I did'nt have any friends when i was 14 and when i left school i still had no friends and only met 1 person through my sister when i was 25 and 2 other females through adverts in local news paper and a paper called the loot 15 years ago but we never went out very often but still kept in touch so try to find friends in news papers too.
And 3 or 4 months ago a bloke i met walking down the street asked me out on a date. I forgot to tell him my age but after one date i decided i'd rather just be friends so now we just meet up as friends.
He is 26 and thought i was around his age. I have another friend who is 23 i met him 3 years ago so these two are male friends and they are better friends to me than the idiots i've known for many years and i never see them anymore and they don't text very often but i like going out in big groups because it's more fun which is why i plan to take the two male friends to Citysocializer events as it looks like great fun.

I do believe it is important to have friends but only if they make an effort to want to go out with you. I like to have friends of all different ages because it makes it more interesting. The 23 year old has no other friends so i'm going to introduce him to the 26 year old as he has no friends either
I think it's quite sad that some people have no friends at all and this is why you should look up Citysocializer too. It looks like a great way to meet new people
And it's ok to go to events on your own because everyone who joins is in the same situation as you so it won't feel awkward and nobody will leave you out or ignore you. I'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend so if you want one maybe you will meet someone on there or just go up to talk to women on the street and ask them out as this is how i have always met men and don't need to go to a club or bar but a lot of them were not my type but don't be scared of rejection as this will happen but maybe one will say yes. You can meet new people anywhere like i have always met new friends or boyfrends on courses, train station, library, park, etc but maybe you can even meet new people in a swimming pool or gym but you have to pluck up the courage to talk to them as most people are not going to come to you
There was another man on a different forum who met a girl he liked in the swimming pool but he only ever spoke to her as a friend but he was too scared to ask her out so the advice everyone gave him was just to ask her on a date as she does not know he is interested in her if he does'nt.
It is'nt always easy to make new friends or meet a new partner but sometimes it can happen if you make the first move.

Every christmas i always wanted to go to christmas parties but never did but now i can turn up for things like that and other events and make new friends at the same time with people on Citysocializer. They introduce you to people your own age or even in your own area. It depends where you live so that's good if you only want to meet with people your own age but i don't care what age people are because sometimes people your own age let you down.

I just started at my local college to do a music course on Monday and everyone is
18, 20, 24 but there is only 10 people on my course. I do wish there was older people my age too but i can get on with any age group as we still all like the same things.
Original post by pamplemousse.
This was me at my first high school. I tried to talk to people and did sit with people at first but they kept going off without me and would say there was no room where they were going even though they let others in. I

How did you get them to allow you to sit with them? I've found a really nice friendship group and I know some of the members are nice and friendly to me but I dont know how to ask if I can join them.
Original post by Anonymous
How did you get them to allow you to sit with them? I've found a really nice friendship group and I know some of the members are nice and friendly to me but I dont know how to ask if I can join them.

Just by asking them. Just say can i join you guys ? And see what happens
If they don't invite you the next time to sit with them just keep asking everytime. If they go anywhere or to lunch and you're not invited ask again or everytime rather than sitting alone. As i said before not everyone will come to you so you have to go to them.
After the first time when they say yes just let them knw you have no other friends and are looking for new friends. And after a week ask if they want to swap numbers and meet up but if they say no don't worry about it because 15 years ago i once asked a girl if we can swap numbers and she said no. I was embarrassed but then thought she's boring anywsy so she did me a favour saying no. So i just found it easier to try to make male and female friends through friendship adverts in newspapers not the internet.
Some people are nice and friendly and some are nasty and think they are better than you so they don't want to be your friend so again it's only luck if you meet nice people who do want to be friends with you.
Original post by *Alisha*
...Awkward...:giggle:

bit rude..
Good for you. Friends are
Original post by Chocolate water
Good for you. Friends are

Hes right
Reply 51
Since 9th grade i've had absoutely 0 friends.

you are a ****ing loser, be like me be aroused
To me the definition of "friend" is someone you hang out with, go to the movies and so on.

It doesn't surprise me that you don't have any friends or a girlfriend, when you start threads entitled thank you lord for not making me an Arab/pakistani/afghan a woman or a gay.'
Frankly I wouldn't want the likes of you near any of my granddaughters, because they have more of an iota of intelligence than to be attracted to someone like you.
Your parents must be proud of you - NOT!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending