The Student Room Group

Why is eating animals okay, but not humans?

Why do we draw the distinction between the meat from a dead, decaying animal, and a dead, decaying human?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you okay in the head?
0/11
The evolutionary reason we have a cannibalism taboo is probably because eating one's own species allows prion diseases to spread quite easily. Beyond that, there's no clear moral reason one shouldn't eat a human corpse, although killing someone for that purpose is obviously another story.
(edited 7 years ago)
Humans don't taste very good, if they did I'm sure they'd be sold in Tescos.
Reply 5
I wouldn't mind tbh, might as well use dead bodies for something as long as they consent to it
Reply 6
Original post by Trapz99
Are you okay in the head?

Reply 7
Easier to catch animals lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
What exactly does Islam have in relation to this thread?
Reply 9
Original post by Pulse.
Easier to catch animals lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Animals aren't caught (besides fish)- They're enslaved in farms, bred, and murdered in slaughterhouses.
Thats true, i'll give you that.

You've answered my questions. moving on.
A dead human has more people who would fight against them being eaten like family and friends whilst the animal's family and friends can't do that
Reply 13
Original post by bluemadhatter
A dead human has more people who would fight against them being eaten like family and friends whilst the animal's family and friends can't do that

But wild animals do. But humans don't eat wild animals. They eat animals that are enslaved in battery farms. When they are born they are taken away from their mother. Why not just do the same for humans.
there's a thing called the food chain, you'll learn about this in year 6
Reply 15
Original post by swirly
Animals aren't caught (besides fish)- They're enslaved in farms, bred, and murdered in slaughterhouses.

And oh how that has made our lives easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Pulse.
And oh how that has made our lives easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The slave trade made our lives easier too. Should we bring that back?
Original post by swirly
But wild animals do. But humans don't eat wild animals. They eat animals that are enslaved in battery farms. When they are born they are taken away from their mother. Why not just do the same for humans.

We cant enslave humans in battery farms because we (the parents) have more means to object against that .
They do eat humans in some places.
Reply 19
There is no objective answer to this question. Vegans/vegetarians will insist that they are right in every way possible and meat eaters frankly do not give a flying **** how animals are killed. Simple.

Quick Reply

Latest