The Student Room Group

Should I Self-Study A Level Economics?

Last year I took OCR AS Economics and I got an A. I enjoyed it. This year my Sixth Form isn't offering it as an A2. I do still want to do it, however. As solutions, I've thought of self-studying or perhaps hiring a private tutor although I think they're expensive. I'd appreciate some thoughts or advice on this.
definitely dont get a private tutor as those are not worth it in a subject of economics
Definitely take it if you got an a as that shows you enjoy it
self studying economics isn't too hard as its just reading and understanding the syllabus
Original post by jl237
Last year I took OCR AS Economics and I got an A. I enjoyed it. This year my Sixth Form isn't offering it as an A2. I do still want to do it, however. As solutions, I've thought of self-studying or perhaps hiring a private tutor although I think they're expensive. I'd appreciate some thoughts or advice on this.
Reply 2
Original post by zainyyyyy
definitely dont get a private tutor as those are not worth it in a subject of economics
Definitely take it if you got an a as that shows you enjoy it
self studying economics isn't too hard as its just reading and understanding the syllabus

Do you have the experience of self-studying Economics? Or is it just a hunch of yours that it "isn't too hard"?

I self-taught AS Further Mathematics last year because it didn't fit in my timetable. That was a success (I got an A), but maths is clearly different to an essay/writing based subject such as Economics.

Does anyone actually have any experience in self-studying A2 Economics, or similar?
self taught as economics if that helps. Although i did go to class as it was on my timetable
Original post by jl237
Do you have the experience of self-studying Economics? Or is it just a hunch of yours that it "isn't too hard"?

I self-taught AS Further Mathematics last year because it didn't fit in my timetable. That was a success (I got an A), but maths is clearly different to an essay/writing based subject such as Economics.

Does anyone actually have any experience in self-studying A2 Economics, or similar?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending