The Student Room Group

Do gays get much sex at uni?

Hi I'm bi. Obviously there's a lot of sex at uni, but is it the same for gay guys? Any particularly unis with more gays?
Why don't you produce a little survey about this and hand it out during fresher's week?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I'm bi. Obviously there's a lot of sex at uni, but is it the same for gay guys? Any particularly unis with more gays?

Brighton. They're known forthe 'gay scene'

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's going to depend on where you are. Anywhere with a scene - London, Brighton, Manchester, any other big city - will have plenty of opportunities (and plenty of older men looking to do it with someone younger).

With somewhere more rural, it's a case of finding other students. I know someone who went to Lampeter and they had a time with the other theology students...
Phagocytosis? No idea.
It doesn't matter where you're at. All you need is Grindr.
If you're moderately good looking or better, then yes. You'll be spoilt for opportunities. If you're not, then it's more difficult, but that's life.
Reply 7
:facepalm:

Didn't you know - we have meetings to decide this. It's rationed out, some cities need to take it in turns (Manchester won the ballot last year so had the largest allocation for sex. I believe it's Cardiff this year, though the result has been contested).

Doubt it's any more or less than 'straight' people get at uni. If you're slutty you'll get plenty, most of it awful and unfulfilling.

Find out where your local GUM clinic is. You're welcome.
Reply 8
Original post by jambojim97
It doesn't matter where you're at. All you need is Grindr.

Is that still a 'thing'? That's so 2010.
Reply 9
Original post by unprinted
It's going to depend on where you are. Anywhere with a scene - London, Brighton, Manchester, any other big city - will have plenty of opportunities (and plenty of older men looking to do it with someone younger).

With somewhere more rural, it's a case of finding other students. I know someone who went to Lampeter and they had a time with the other theology students...

Older men? I ain't interested in that **** dude lmao, disgusting.
There's no such thing as, as you so primitively and tactlessly put it, "the gays".

Homosexual people are not this giant amalgam that can be generalized and simplified to your liking. They're just as diverse of a population as most everyone else, with individual likes, dislikes, feelings, preferences and so on. I literally don't see how can this be complicated for someone to understand - they're just like you, they're just attracted to the person of the same sex. Simple, no big deal.

But, to answer your buffoonish question. If you keep in mind everything I've said earlier, this of course means that is heavily depends on the individual, their desires and the way others of the same sexual orientation perceive them. Literally the same laws of attraction apply - appearance, personality, intelligence, sense of humor and so on and so forth.
Original post by Withengar
There's no such thing as, as you so primitively and tactlessly put it, "the gays".

Homosexual people are not this giant amalgam that can be generalized and simplified to your liking. They're just as diverse of a population as most everyone else, with individual likes, dislikes, feelings, preferences and so on. I literally don't see how can this be complicated for someone to understand - they're just like you, they're just attracted to the person of the same sex. Simple, no big deal.

But, to answer your buffoonish question. If you keep in mind everything I've said earlier, this of course means that is heavily depends on the individual, their desires and the way others of the same sexual orientation perceive them. Literally the same laws of attraction apply - appearance, personality, intelligence, sense of humor and so on and so forth.

No need to get so triggered, jfc, this isn't tumblr dude. I'm bi myself, and have nothing against homosexuals, i'm asking a genuine question here..
Older men? I ain't interested in that **** dude lmao, disgusting.

Oh well, proof that some bi men can be just as shallow as some gay men. What does 'older' mean to you? 30? 25? 20?

No-one says you have to be sexual with anyone, but you'll be those one day...
Original post by unprinted
Oh well, proof that some bi men can be just as shallow as some gay men. What does 'older' mean to you? 30? 25? 20?

No-one says you have to be sexual with anyone, but you'll be those one day...

17, wouldn't go near anyone older than 18, personally, just me.
I knew two gay people at uni - one male and one female - and they found it incredibly easy to pull.

Just join the LGBT soc and find the local gay bar and you're sorted.
Original post by sr90
I knew two gay people at uni - one male and one female - and they found it incredibly easy to pull.

Just join the LGBT soc and find the local gay bar and you're sorted.

thats my problem, i could never come out ahah, it would have to be on the DL.:biggrin:
thats my problem, i could never come out ahah, it would have to be on the DL.:biggrin:

It's not like your parents get a great big notification when you join a society. Go for it.
17, wouldn't go near anyone older than 18, personally, just me.

One of the characters in the original Nightmare on Elm Street looks in the mirror and goes 'Oh, God. I look 20 years old!'
Original post by Mactotaur
It's not like your parents get a great big notification when you join a society. Go for it.

It's not just about my parents, it's about general society and friends at university, maybe one day I'll man up and do it.
It's not just about my parents, it's about general society and friends at university, maybe one day I'll man up and do it.

Universities are one of the most liberal, accepting places you'll ever find, sometimes too much. But this is the best time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending