The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Chinese at University of Leeds.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeePanda
They said it's nothing to worry about, it was something they did in previous years but don't do any more! Whew!

Oh good I was so worried I though I was going to be behind ! Thanks for updating !
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by thaliawaters
Hello! I'm not taking Chinese however I hope to be doing the Asia Pacific Studies at Leeds as well alongside Japanese. I haven't come across many people who are taking Asia Pacific so it'll be lovely to hear about your experiences in the course when you go! (I'll be taking a gap year then applying for it☺️)
Hi there, I'm doing Asia Pacific Studies this year ! 😁😊
When are you guys all moving in? :biggrin:
Original post by Blues Clues

Moved in last Saturday to iQ accommodation~ One of my flat mates is doing Chinese and linguistics :biggrin:

Im moving in this Friday at Pennine House😊
Original post by BeePanda
Moved in last Saturday to iQ accommodation~ One of my flat mates is doing Chinese and linguistics :biggrin:

So lucky that you got someone doing the same course !
Hey guys, guessing most of you went to the induction yesterday for Chinese. I need some help, when is our next lecture? I'm finding the time tables really hard to comprehend :frown:
Friday from 9am in the Michael Sadler Building from 4.17, then in the Rupert Beckett lecture theatre downstairs from 10 and then we'll probably figure out where the next building is afterwards haha
Friday from 9am in the Michael Sadler Building from 4.17, then in the Rupert Beckett lecture theatre downstairs from 10 and then we'll probably figure out where the next building is afterwards haha

Ok cool thanks so much :smile: also, have you ordered the books? because when I go to order them it asks for my address but the lecturer said we had to pick them up?
Reply 49
Hello! I'm not taking Chinese however I hope to be doing the Asia Pacific Studies at Leeds as well alongside Japanese. I haven't come across many people who are taking Asia Pacific so it'll be lovely to hear about your experiences in the course when you go! (I'll be taking a gap year then applying for it☺️)

Hey

I'm also applying for Asia Pacific Studies, but with Chinese. It's great to hear from someone else interested in that subject. So will you be entering in 2018 then? What are you doing for your gap year?
Reply 50
Original post by Fifitheflower
Hey guys,

So I just got accepted to Leeds for Asia Pacific Studies and Chinese starting this September, so I thought I would start a discussion so we can all meet each other before hand.

Hey

I'm applying for the exact same course for 2017. How are you finding it so far. Hopefully I can get accepted and see you around campus.
Reply 51
Original post by Fifitheflower
Hi! Nice to meet another girl haha. I'm also basically completely new to Chinese aapart from being able to understand simple conversation.

Same here! I have like zero knowledge of Chinese. But at least I have a year to try since I'm applying for 2017. How are you finding the workload? if you have already started that is. My name is Ogechi btw:u:
Reply 52
Original post by oanucha
Hey

I'm also applying for Asia Pacific Studies, but with Chinese. It's great to hear from someone else interested in that subject. So will you be entering in 2018 then? What are you doing for your gap year?

Ooo that's cool nice to meet you!! Yeah, applying now if that's possible and deferring. I'll most likely go travelling, either spend the majority of my time in South East Asia or Japan/Korean, could do some voluntary work as well but I'll need to think about money first:biggrin: How about you? are you applying for 2017?
Reply 53
Ooo that's cool nice to meet you!! Yeah, applying now if that's possible and deferring. I'll most likely go travelling, either spend the majority of my time in South East Asia or Japan/Korean, could do some voluntary work as well but I'll need to think about money first:biggrin: How about you? are you applying for 2017?

Yeah I'm applying for 2017, but I might be thinking of a gap year too. How did you get interested in South East Asia? I started through kpop.
Reply 54
Original post by oanucha
Yeah I'm applying for 2017, but I might be thinking of a gap year too. How did you get interested in South East Asia? I started through kpop.

Nice! Same here!! I've always loved Asia having spent a lot of my holidays backpacking and traveling with family and I've always had an interest Japanese culture where obviously I became interested in Korea through kpop and kdramas. I would loveee to do an exchange year in Korea if possible☺️
Hello all, I understand that this post was for students who are currently in their 2nd/3rd year, but I just wanted to ask how you guys are getting on, hoe much did you progress since you've started? I've started doing the course this year, and dang it's hard to keep up! Any words of wisdom from you lot?
Hi,Im looking to study chinese at the university of leeds but as a joint honours, and im also BBC(cantonese).could you tell me what your course is like and how the study abroad was in the 2nd year?(if u went). thankss
Hey!! I know this thread is really old but is there anyone I could talk to about the course?

Quick Reply