The Student Room Group

Tories try to stitch up Corbyn with boundary changes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kimkarsd
osborne is surrounded by tory seats, come on it won't have much of an effect.

It won't affect which party but Cheshire is losing a constituency so someone's going to be out of a job. The way it's landed locally is that there'll be 2 seats and 3 Tory MPs, one of those being Osbourne.
Original post by JamesN88
It won't affect which party but Cheshire is losing a constituency so someone's going to be out of a job. The way it's landed locally is that there'll be 2 seats and 3 Tory MPs, one of those being Osbourne.

My stupid Tory voting fellow hobbits.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
'The polls' also say Hillary has an 89% chance of winning the US election.

Ho-ho-ho. They tickle me.

She does (well, not 89% anymore, but 538 doesn't claim that figure anymore either). You shouldn't confuse your hystrerical, conspiracy theorist's hatred for Clinton with some kind of rational, objective assessment of her actual likelihood of winning the election.

All things considered, given she is turning states like South Carolina blue, she clearly is in the poll position to win the election.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
My stupid Tory voting fellow hobbits.

Haha, tell me about it.

I live Macclesfield so I'm guessing you're not too far away.

I live Macclesfield so I'm guessing you're not too far away.

I live near Macclesfield :ninja:
I live near Macclesfield :ninja:

I'd have to favour Rutley for keeping the job just because I don't have a reason to dislike him(apart from being a Tory MP of course :biggrin:).

Not that I particularly care tbh.
I'd have to favour Rutley for keeping the job just because I don't have a reason to dislike him(apart from being a Tory MP of course :biggrin:).

Not that I particularly care tbh.

But he is a Mormon :poke:

yes. it's very sorry that an MP who can get a senior management job or go overseas and work for any global firm is out of a job.....
Original post by kimkarsd
yes. it's very sorry that an MP who can get a senior management job or go overseas and work for any global firm is out of a job.....

Lol, yeah I wasn't playing the violin for them.
Original post by Onde

The House of Commons is too small to seat 650 or 600 MPs: I believe that ideally, a new parliament building should be built, and preferably outside London. It would not bother me too much if the number of MPs was decreased to a figure even as low as 400 as long as citizens were better represented locally.

The House of Commons was deliberately built too small (and its predecessor which was the same size has had over 700 MPs) to ensure that it has an atmosphere for big occasions.
But he is a Mormon :poke:

Prsom.

Quite possibly the dumbest religion out there
Original post by Davij038
Prsom.

Quite possibly the dumbest religion out there

And my dumb fellow constituents vote for him every time :bawling: To be fair I don't think he really lets his Mormonism influence him in any undesirable way as an MP, so as dumb as the religion is I can't really mark it against him. Him being a Tory is more of an issue for me.

There is always a greater none Tory vote round here. Labour always try and play this card to get everyone to vote for them as the "oust the Tories" candidate.

Although I bet plenty of lib voters round here are basically Tories who want to be able to vote Tory without feeling guilty. Kill the disabled without having to feel responsible for it. I doubt most of them would ever vote labour.
(edited 7 years ago)
And my dumb fellow constituents vote for him every time :bawling: To be fair I don't think he really lets his Mormonism influence him in any undesirable way as an MP, so as dumb as the religion is I can't really mark it against him. Him being a Tory is more of an issue for me.

There is always a greater none Tory vote round here. Labour always try and play this card to get everyone to vote for them as the "oust the Tories" candidate.

Although I bet plenty of lib voters round here are basically Tories who want to be able to vote Tory without feeling guilty. Kill the disabled without having to feel responsible for it. I doubt most of them would ever vote labour.

The only way of getting rid of them is if only one other party stood which. The Tories got more than everyone else put together last time.

If Rutley is as crazy as some of the American Mormons he certainly hides it very well so I can't really knock him on that front. I think all religion is stupid though so I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor anyway.

Not that it really matters since I'd never vote for a Tory. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
She does (well, not 89% anymore, but 538 doesn't claim that figure anymore either). You shouldn't confuse your hystrerical, conspiracy theorist's hatred for Clinton with some kind of rational, objective assessment of her actual likelihood of winning the election.

All things considered, given she is turning states like South Carolina blue, she clearly is in the poll position to win the election.

You lose all credibility when you try and claim that anyone with a different opinion is a conspiracy theorist. Your type of person wants to crush all ideological dissent.
When you pathologise differing views you are in the seedbed of totalitarianism.

I don't know what '538' is, care to explain? I was referring to the NYT.

And laughing a lot about 'clearly in poll position'- I bet that only conspiracy theorists think anything else, right?

Jesus, I'm surprised you voted Brexit, bit too sensible, and anti-consensus wisdom for you.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You lose all credibility when you try and claim that anyone with a different opinion is a conspiracy theorist. Your type of person wants to crush all ideological dissent.
When you pathologise differing views you are in the seedbed of totalitarianism.

I don't know what '538' is, care to explain? I was referring to the NYT.

And laughing a lot about 'clearly in poll position'- I bet that only conspiracy theorists think anything else, right?

Jesus, I'm surprised you voted Brexit, bit too sensible, and anti-consensus wisdom for you.

He's not calling you a paranoid conspiracy theorist because you have a different opinion to him. He's calling you a paranoid conspiracy theorist because you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist..... *
Original post by KimKallstrom
He's not calling you a paranoid conspiracy theorist because you have a different opinion to him. He's calling you a paranoid conspiracy theorist because you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist..... *

What are you here to eat out of his arse for? Try getting your own viewpoint.

You make smears against any anti-establishment person, there are millions like you who want everyone silenced. It's going on all over the world and won't work.

I think you snivelling fool, you should come up with evidence before come out with your arguments as Alexander's suppository. Funny how 'suppository' contains the word 'tory'....

Evidence please.
(edited 7 years ago)
@SaucissonSecCy

Generally the rule of thumb with a conspiracy theory is that they benefit the people doing the conspiring, getting rid of the worst rated opposition leader in the history of polling doesn't benefit the supposed architects of this. Not that he's going anywhere anyway, he'll just get parachuted into another constituency.

On a side note; if it really was an establishment plot then I doubt George Osbourne would be seeing his own seat carved up between its neighbours.
(edited 7 years ago)
@SaucissonSecCy

On a side note; if it really was an establishment plot then I doubt George Osbourne would be seeing his own seat carved up between its neighbours.

George Osbourne has been unpersonned so dramatically that he'll be checking last year's cabinet photo to see he is still in it.
Original post by Onde
I thought it was actually to show that the Commons was inferior to the Lords.

No definitely not.

The Lords have been shunted around various locations since 1800, and often to accommodate the Commons.

The present Lords chamber, which was far grander than anything that had gone before, was designed to present royal spectacle in the form of the state opening and installation of newly created peers.
He might have to get his first job outside of politics.

I doubt this will happen though since the Tory establishment(who are apparently so worried about him) actually want him to remain as Labour leader for the very same reason that moderate Labour supporters want rid of him.

He did a brief stint as a journalist on a local paper and he did voluntary service work in Jamaica, then he worked in a union for a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending