The Student Room Group

Travelodge Age Query

Hi all,

I am 17 yo who looks a few years older. I'd like to book a room at Travelodge but I see theres minimum age of 18. Are they strict on this? If I book in advanced can I just pick up a key from reception without hassle? Do they see your age from the card used for the booking?

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by kevinabarber
Hi all,

I am 17 yo who looks a few years older. I'd like to book a room at Travelodge but I see theres minimum age of 18. Are they strict on this? If I book in advanced can I just pick up a key from reception without hassle? Do they see your age from the card used for the booking?

Thanks

I've stayed in a travelodge as a group of 3 when we were 17 and it wasnt an issue. If you are concerned though, you could book a yha room as they're happy with 16+
Original post by claireestelle
I've stayed in a travelodge as a group of 3 when we were 17 and it wasnt an issue. If you are concerned though, you could book a yha room as they're happy with 16+

Cheers for your reply. What year what did yiu stay at the travelodge?
Original post by kevinabarber
Cheers for your reply. What year what did yiu stay at the travelodge?

I was 17 in 2012.
I've stayed at a travel lodge before and there was about 9 of us but we made sure we had an 18 y/o in each room just in case. It wasn't too much of an issue anyway. What I'd suggest is looking into premier inns as their age is 16+
There used to be a 16+ limit, but a couple of years ago they bumped it up to 18+. I know people who have gotten away with it, so I don't think they check the age from the card. If you look old enough, I don't think there should be any problems. Definitely look into Premier Inn though as they have different policies
(edited 5 years ago)
Did you end up staying? if so was there any hassle as i've just booked to stay with travelodge and am in the same position as you were in
Reply 7
I’m in the same position, me and my boyfriend are both 17 and have booked a travelodge but I’m worried they will question our age

Quick Reply

Latest