The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simplymekaty
Lot of conjecture going on here.

Not disagreeing with you, I did include the phrase 'anyones guess' so I accept it's all conjecture. I still think thr TSP programme will be as usual and conducted internally as with previous years. I just think with the sheer size of recruitment numbers for HO it makes sense some what to outsource the recruitment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I have received a provisional offer for London and wondered whether anyone else that applied to the London offices specified which office they'd rather (Croydon or Stratford) on their application forms?

Also does anyone know whether it is likely that we'll get placed at the office we interviewed in?

I interviewed at Stratford but am concerned I'll be placed at Croydon which will be difficult for me to get to.
Those of you who are internal and have revived an offer for HO, have you all completed and completed your reference details etc on the portal?
I am an internal employee who applied externally....

I am still in my probation....nearly done! but....will my probation reset as iv applied externally?

I do think Manpower will work quicker on this campaign compared to the others.....as im sure they would want to give a good impression as it is the first time this has happened.
What are the long term perspectives of initially working as a HO at HMRC? Where can you end up in 5 or 10 years time?
Original post by Waki7866

I am still in my probation....nearly done! but....will my probation reset as iv applied externally?

I do think Manpower will work quicker on this campaign compared to the others.....as im sure they would want to give a good impression as it is the first time this has happened.

Do you have any idea/inkling of whether manpower willbe conducting the tsp application process?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Long term HO roles are good - HMRC investing a lot of money so its worthwhile keeping you long term....

I do think you need a lot of experience to move onto SO...but its not impossible....So is a tough job...for me personally ill be happy at HO level...for a while...

But moving to SO is a good opportunity....HMRC is always expanding...and civil service is big so internal recruitment is always on going...
and no idea when the tps will be conducted....and tbh...whatever the process....nothing will change by speculation....

if its competencies or tests or exams or whatever....still has to be done to get the job I suppose...

It doesn't reset, probation ends one year after your first day with HMRC.
Perfect! Mine ends in January! so hoping to get through that period atleast got the probation period off my chest....
Reply 1430
Anyone who got a provisional offer on the 16th August heard back from CSR yet? I have emailed them multiple times and all I receive is that they are unsure of the timescale. Anyone can update me?
Original post by daj19
Anyone who got a provisional offer on the 16th August heard back from CSR yet? I have emailed them multiple times and all I receive is that they are unsure of the timescale. Anyone can update me?

Not yet!
Long term HO roles are good - HMRC investing a lot of money so its worthwhile keeping you long term....

I do think you need a lot of experience to move onto SO...but its not impossible....So is a tough job...for me personally ill be happy at HO level...for a while...

But moving to SO is a good opportunity....HMRC is always expanding...and civil service is big so internal recruitment is always on going...

What's the O role like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1433
Original post by daj19

Hi,

I got a provisional offer on the 15th August. Last Sunday I received an email asking me to fill dbs form and OH form
I received a provisonal offer and was just wondering if anybody knows whether we will find out what location it is for only at formal offer stage or can I assume it will be my preferred location? Also has anybody received am email from manpower yet regarding the checks? Thanks
Reply 1435
Original post by mabze
Hi,

I got a provisional offer on the 15th August. Last Sunday I received an email asking me to fill dbs form and OH form

Hey,

Whats the OH form and did you also get a provisional offer for the O grad role? Did you have an interview by any chance?
Reply 1436
Original post by daj19
Hey,

Whats the OH form and did you also get a provisional offer for the O grad role? Did you have an interview by any chance?

Occupational Health form. I'm HO hopefully. I did an interview. I'm from the Feb 2016 campaign.
Original post by slc2710
I received a provisonal offer and was just wondering if anybody knows whether we will find out what location it is for only at formal offer stage or can I assume it will be my preferred location? Also has anybody received am email from manpower yet regarding the checks? Thanks

True the email I received didn't have a location either but I'm guessing it should be fine as it'll be one of the regional offices most probably?

I have not received anything from Manpower yet
Reply 1438
Original post by Litts
Just had an email through advising that manpower will be in touch shortly to start pre-employment checks.

For current HMRC employees:
Emailed the enforcement and compliance team to tell them that I'm an existing employee and ask what is the procedure. I'll let you know what they say :smile:

Original post by memoryfish
Lol I've just done the same thing ! Well done everyone btw!

Just had this: "Following completion of pre-employment checks we will confirm the details of the role and start date once a formal offer is issued."

Not exactly answering my question!:angry:
I've just had a response stating "they are unable to advise on locations as this is currently being determined by the business".

I'm guessing we will have to wait until we get a formal offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending