The Student Room Group

I'm pregnant, what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

listen i dont think that u should have an abortion cos even if the dad says that he doesnt want anything to do with it right now he might change his mind and anyway there are lots of single mothers out there and it will be all that you;ve got in ur life and im sure that ur family will help u
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
It's one thing to support abortion, another to talk like that about a human embyro. I agree with what the other guy said here, you are pro-murderrers, you have no respect for the sanctity of human life. Your parents must have given you no love, you must be the kinds of people who find love inconveniet and look to get shagged by some random dude in a nightclub, that is why you just don't understand the value of a human child.
You talk so little about a baby child, call her a parasite or a cake, to be able to deal with the guilt and the shame of killing her for your convenience.

What is wrong with you?
Go and start your own pro life debate, here is not the place.
Read your message and ask yourself if it's helpful to OP.
having an abortion is just selfish and evil its sad how many people have abortions these days
Original post by uglyslut
listen i dont think that u should have an abortion cos even if the dad says that he doesnt want anything to do with it right now he might change his mind and anyway there are lots of single mothers out there and it will be all that you;ve got in ur life and im sure that ur family will help u

And why should she become a single mum struggling through life when this entire situation can be prevented if she has an abortion now? So the dad takes no responsibility and she becomes a single mum. Lovely
having an abortion is just selfish and evil its sad how many people have abortions these days

OK, so what happens now??
Original post by Pinkberry_y
And why should she become a single mum struggling through life when this entire situation can be prevented if she has an abortion now? So the dad takes no responsibility and she becomes a single mum. Lovely

you dont know what will happen so shut up
Original post by Anonymous
OK, so what happens now??

u will have to tell ur parents and bf and see waht happens from there, if they make u get an abortion then theres nothing that u can do about that but just avoid it ok
you dont know what will happen so shut up

And you don't know anything about her life or what she's going through right now. Also I'm guessing you've never been pregnant in your life. It's very easy to be making judgement calls from the sidelines when you've never experienced something like this
Original post by cherryred90s
The next time you wear a condom (if you're a guy) or pop a pill (if you're a girl) think about how you're destructing a natural process

Again, another member of TSR is applying absurd logic. When using a condom, the sperm does not come into contact with the egg. THEREFORE THERE IS NO CONCEPTION.

Did you genuinely make that comparison? Or was that some really complex self-satire
What is wrong with you?

Here is not the place?

It's a thread about abortion.

I..I'm bewildered
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Her situation isn't ideal and in a perfect world she would have never gotten pregnant accidentally. You're being completely melodramatic calling abortion murder- you really think taking a pill to remove a group of cells is the same as going up to a new born baby and stabbing it to death?

A subtle kind of murder is still murder sweetheart. Murder takes many shapes and forms, some are graphic some are less.
Original post by TruthBeTold'
Again, another member of TSR is applying absurd logic. When using a condom, the sperm does not come into contact with the egg. THEREFORE THERE IS NO CONCEPTION.

Did you genuinely make that comparison? Or was that some really complex self-satire

How is it absurd? By taking contraception, You're preventing this natural process you're crying about. You're preventing the growth and development of a potential life. Just because it's at an earlier stage doesn't mean you're not interefering with nature.

People have told him that like 50 times here, he just refuses to get it ))))
Here is not the place?

It's a thread about abortion.

I..I'm bewildered

She clearly said that she's going to have an abortion and would like support as to how to emotionally deal with it.

She didn't ask for your personal opinion about abortion, she didn't ask if you're pro life or pro choice and calling her a murderer certainly doesn't help to make her feel better.
People have told him that like 50 times here, he just refuses to get it ))))

You're all saying that, but the principle is the same. By your logic, you should be against contraception as you're preventing a potential life
A subtle kind of murder is still murder sweetheart. Murder takes many shapes and forms, some are graphic some are less.

Fertilised eggs (to our knowledge) do not have consciousness. They have DNA but there's no higher brain activity strongly suggesting there's no consciousness. At just a few weeks idly, the embryo doesn't have a heartbeat either or a higher order of thinking. Tell me then how that's murder.
What is wrong with you?

I'm not sure I want to help that lind of a person. She has no maternal emotions. Therefore, does she have any emotions? I swear people like her wage wars and deny education to refugee children. I am starting to believe that it is now a duty to shame the likes of her, to shame the likes of her who go through abortion since that is all we can do. We can make a society that does not accept abortion like Ireland.
How is it absurd? By taking contraception, You're preventing this natural process you're crying about. You're preventing the growth and development of a potential life. Just because it's at an earlier stage doesn't mean you're not interefering with nature.

Yes it does mean you're not interfering with nature. Males have natural wet dreams. Therefore the release of sperm is not ALWAYS to fertilise.

Condoms ensure conception does not take place. SO YOU ARE NOT PREVENTING THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF LIFE BECAUSE LIFE OR EVEN POTENTIAL LIFE HAS NOT BEEN CREATED.

Hate to tell you this, but at this rate you're going to be arguing that masturbating is also interfering with nature and killing of potential lives.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not sure I want to help that lind of a person. She has no maternal emotions. Therefore, does she have any emotions? I swear people like her wage wars and deny education to refugee children. I am starting to believe that it is now a duty to shame the likes of her, to shame the likes of her who go through abortion since that is all we can do. We can make a society that does not accept abortion like Ireland.

Then what is the point of commenting if you have nothing of value to say to OP to help her situation?

Quick Reply