The Student Room Group

HMRC Tax Professional Caseworker Provisional Offer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SkiOxley
They email you to say when the form is available to complete through the portal. You have to provide details like passport and driving license number.

They also attach a health declaration to be emailed back to a provided address

Ah that makes sense! I was a bit confused, thank you!
Reply 21
Original post by NicolaClaire

No worries!

Where have you been offered a position?
Reply 22

London, where there are so many tax offices it's impossible to predict which one i'll end up at!

Where have you been offered?
Reply 23
London, where there are so many tax offices it's impossible to predict which one i'll end up at!

Where have you been offered?

Nottingham - it's going to be one of big ones when they restructure so I'm glad to have got in there!
I imagine they will provide anything they need you to send, but if you log into your Application centre and go into the Tax Programme there are forms under 'View Attachments'. You've got a Pension Questionnaire an FAQ sheet and some other bits.

In regards to the DBS I don't understand what you've sent off? You can't apply for a DBS check yourself, everything has to be done through an employer or organisation who is registered with the DBS. You give the employer your identity documents and it all goes through them.

Yeah I know about the bits n pieces under attachments in the application centre, it was specifically the DBS and health checks that I was wondering where the forms had been procured from as they are not in the attachments. I am going to assume they are either given to me when I go next week, or else emailed after I have had identity and qualification checks completed.
I imagine they will provide anything they need you to send, but if you log into your Application centre and go into the Tax Programme there are forms under 'View Attachments'. You've got a Pension Questionnaire an FAQ sheet and some other bits.

In regards to the DBS I don't understand what you've sent off? You can't apply for a DBS check yourself, everything has to be done through an employer or organisation who is registered with the DBS. You give the employer your identity documents and it all goes through them.

The forms were sent on Sunday by email ? Well the DBS was under "next stage" on application centre and the Health questionnaire was by email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Marko657
Yeah I know about the bits n pieces under attachments in the application centre, it was specifically the DBS and health checks that I was wondering where the forms had been procured from as they are not in the attachments. I am going to assume they are either given to me when I go next week, or else emailed after I have had identity and qualification checks completed.

My dad asked one of his managers about the whole process, and while they're investigation so it might be different, he said that they ask for the DBS information within the application the same way we had to provide our references, and anything else they need will usually be requested in an email. He also said that they don't ask everyone to physically come in to verify their identity and qualifications, but he isn't directly involved in that so doesn't know if its random or not.
Reply 27
Original post by SkiOxley
Nottingham - it's going to be one of big ones when they restructure so I'm glad to have got in there!

Oh thats lucky! I just hope when they do restructure that I end up in Stratford not Croydon. Though then the downside is i'll be in the same office as my Dad, which would be unfortunate on so many levels.
Oh thats lucky! I just hope when they do restructure that I end up in Stratford not Croydon. Though then the downside is i'll be in the same office as my Dad, which would be unfortunate on so many levels.

Er, that would be awkard!

But is Croydon actually within the London remit (I know it is a London Borough etc... but )? I am aware there a number of London offices which are within central London... of course what you outlined is inevitable... Croydon would be very dificult for me and I am not a Crystal Palace fan.
Reply 29
Original post by enterunsername
Er, that would be awkard!

But is Croydon actually within the London remit (I know it is a London Borough etc... but )? I am aware there a number of London offices which are within central London... of course what you outlined is inevitable... Croydon would be very dificult for me and I am not a Crystal Palace fan.

I'm actually not entirely sure if Croydon is in the London remit, but Croydon is supposedly going to be the tax 'super centre' so they may move a lot of us in London there anyway.

My dad reckons it may just depend on the luck of the draw, i.e. when your office closes in comparison to the Croydon/Stratford offices opening. The Croydon Office is supposed to be open by May next year, while Stratford isn't supposed to open until 2020.
My dad asked one of his managers about the whole process, and while they're investigation so it might be different, he said that they ask for the DBS information within the application the same way we had to provide our references, and anything else they need will usually be requested in an email. He also said that they don't ask everyone to physically come in to verify their identity and qualifications, but he isn't directly involved in that so doesn't know if its random or not.

Thanks. Trying not to think about it all too much and just take each stage as it comes...

Hopefully can get through it all and started in the job before Christmas!!
Reply 31
Original post by Marko657
Thanks. Trying not to think about it all too much and just take each stage as it comes...

Hopefully can get through it all and started in the job before Christmas!!

You're welcome, sorry it wasn't particularly helpful! Im starting to wonder if they are being deliberately vague about the whole thing.
You're welcome, sorry it wasn't particularly helpful! Im starting to wonder if they are being deliberately vague about the whole thing.

Hmm why would they do that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Jamz115
Hmm why would they do that lol

I'm not sure, to really irritate us?
Reply 34
Got my meeting on Wednesday to give them my ID documents. Hopefully not too long to go until I officially start
Reply 35
Original post by ryan.m
Got my meeting on Wednesday to give them my ID documents. Hopefully not too long to go until I officially start

Where is your offer for?
Reply 36
I got a call today and I've got a meeting on the 6th October to verify ID and qualifications.
Reply 37
Where is your offer for?

Glasgow
Reply 38
I'm in the same boat as you all! I'm relieved as I thought they had messed up.

I've sent my consent for DBS and medical questionnaire back at the weekend so hope I won't be waiting too much longer for a start date.

Does anyone have a start date yet? And has anyone else been offered Newcastle?

Lea
Reply 39
Im not sure if anyone has a start date yet, if you do let us know! I'm going in tomorrow for ID verification etc. I don't know anything about the DBS or medical questionnaire yet, hopefully i'll find out soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending