The Student Room Group

How do I motivate myself????

I'm gonna give my GCSEs in 2017 and I need motivation. For my unit tests in school I usually study a day or two before the exam and end up getting an A or a B. Although I can't do that during my GCSEs. Help!!!
You have to get in the rhythm of revision. Don't try and do hours upon hours in one go, maybe start with only half an hour or so and try and do that regularly, and you can keep increasing it until you're doing a good amount of revision
Original post by jordanshelley97
You have to get in the rhythm of revision. Don't try and do hours upon hours in one go, maybe start with only half an hour or so and try and do that regularly, and you can keep increasing it until you're doing a good amount of revision

Thank you so much for the advice!!! I really needed that!:smile:
Original post by Angelin Ravi
I'm gonna give my GCSEs in 2017 and I need motivation. For my unit tests in school I usually study a day or two before the exam and end up getting an A or a B. Although I can't do that during my GCSEs. Help!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKZDEMDdQc8t6GzFj1_TDw
Thank you so much!!! :smile:
YW :smile:
Thank you so much for the advice I'll try it!!! Once I've tried for 5-15 minutes how much do I increases the amount of revision time and when?
Reply 7

Forget about revising right now, stop thinking 'if I don't get A's, im a failure' etc...
Take 10mins out in a quiet place and just imagine what you want in life, what you want to do for a career, what you want do study for a-levels, what kind of a life you want to live and what kind of friends you want.

When you picture your dream scenario, know that it all starts now, the difference between getting that university place or job in the future starts now. And to achieve those, you need to work hard and when you work hard, the rewards will come flooding in.

You need to get in that mindset of aiming high, the only person to truly tell you that you can't do something is you, is just a constant mind-game with yourself.
You are going to achieve amazing, incredible things, but it to do that, you need to smash those exams by studying like you've never done before.
Just do it
Original post by Ua3142
Forget about revising right now, stop thinking 'if I don't get A's, im a failure' etc...
Take 10mins out in a quiet place and just imagine what you want in life, what you want to do for a career, what you want do study for a-levels, what kind of a life you want to live and what kind of friends you want.

When you picture your dream scenario, know that it all starts now, the difference between getting that university place or job in the future starts now. And to achieve those, you need to work hard and when you work hard, the rewards will come flooding in.

You need to get in that mindset of aiming high, the only person to truly tell you that you can't do something is you, is just a constant mind-game with yourself.
You are going to achieve amazing, incredible things, but it to do that, you need to smash those exams by studying like you've never done before.
Just do it

Thank you so much I really needed someone to say this!!! I cannot thank you enough:smile:
Thank you !!!!

Quick Reply

Latest