The Student Room Group

[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

So the 2017 UCAS cycle is now on us! At the moment a lot of us are in the middle of having a mental breakdown of how hard Year 13 is, writing our personal statements, pestering/bribing our teachers for our predicted grades and some of us are just weeks away from sending our applications off!:biggrin:

^Current mood

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)?

Opening UCAS and seeing you got an offer like ^

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking their time with their offers and causing a mini panic ?

What life feels like when you have all your offers apart from that one uni you really want to go to ^

List of unis giving offers down below!

So after scouring the pages and missing out on the US Presidential debate (cheers to the idiots who told me to do this ) Here are the unis that have been giving out offers so far as of 03/12/2016

Spoiler

And if you get an offer from a uni that isn't on the list please tag me(to the newbies on here just @ me) and tell me the uni! I've become very busy lately so might not have the time to look through all the new pages.

CALLING ALL UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW OFFER HOLDERS

Spoiler

ALSO CALLING ALL UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM OFFER HOLDERS

Spoiler

Thanks for le inspiration @thecatwithnohat
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good start, you think its too early to send them though? unless your applying or medicine or oxbridge
Original post by BigMan Ting
Good start, you think its too early to send them though? unless your applying or medicine or oxbridge

One of my friends is a few days away from sending hers and she isn't applying to Oxford or Cambridge or Medicine!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
One of my friends is a few days away from sending hers and she isn't applying to Oxford or Cambridge or Medicine!

^^ I guess its never too early, i was just apprehensive as some teachers havent even given us our predicted grades yet
^^ I guess its never too early, i was just apprehensive as some teachers havent even given us our predicted grades yet

I don't know about your school but my teachers have to get together and pick predicted grades by the end of the term. Fingers crossed I get predicted ABB or higher.
I don't know about your school but my teachers have to get together and pick predicted grades by the end of the term. Fingers crossed I get predicted ABB or higher.

Ah you will dw, let me know how you get on yeah keep us updated on this thread
Reply 6
Probably going to get really low predicted grades but I'll try so hard this year lol
Ah you will dw, let me know how you get on yeah keep us updated on this thread

Yup you too! :biggrin:

Original post by sarskinz
Probably going to get really low predicted grades but I'll try so hard this year lol

What do you think you'll be predicted?
I'm probably predicted ABC, but I gotta get my bio up to a B somehow. Revising so I ace these mini assessments to prove to my teachers I BELONG IN SCIENCE
Reply 9
Original post by ImagineCats
I'm probably predicted ABC, but I gotta get my bio up to a B somehow. Revising so I ace these mini assessments to prove to my teachers I BELONG IN SCIENCE

I'm probably going to be predicted the same lol, or even worse BBC or BCC:frown:
I'm probably going to be predicted the same lol, or even worse BBC or BCC:frown:

My brother was projected EED and got a geog offer from Brighton for BBC. Now the acceptance cap is off I'm not worrying too much about this :tongue:
My brother was projected EED and got a geog offer from Brighton for BBC. Now the acceptance cap is off I'm not worrying too much about this :tongue:

Oh wow he's so lucky! where are you thinking of going?

You can get it higher easily :smile:
You can get it higher easily :smile:
how? teachers refuse to do this sometimes.
how? teachers refuse to do this sometimes.

Smash your exams and on results day, tell your teachers you're looking at Adjustment :smile:
Date Applied: 10/11/2016

Edinburgh (MPhys Physics with a Year Abroad)
Date: 10/11/2016 | Reply: Acknowledgement
Date: 17/11/2016 | Reply: Offer (Contextual offer, ABB with the A in Maths)

St Andrews (MPhys Physics)
Date: 13/02/2017 | Reply: Rejection

Nottingham (MSci Physics with German)
Date: 11/11/2016 | Reply: Acknowledgement
Date: 16/11/2016 | Reply: Offer (Highest standard offer, A*AA with the A* in Maths or Physics)

Warwick (MPhys Physics)
Date: 15/11/2016 | Reply: Offer (Standard offer, A*AA)

UCL (MSci Medical Physics)
Date: 24/11/2016 | Reply: Offer (Highest standard offer, AAA)

I am an English applicant.

EDIT: I met my firm offer (UCL) and will be attending from September onwards.
(edited 6 years ago)
I have pretty much prepared. Only a reference and predicted grades are left (I'm an EU student). I guess it never hurts to be ready before most people. I am not even applying for top universities but BBB ones :biggrin:
Oh wow he's so lucky! where are you thinking of going?

Swansea is my fave for genetics! wbu?
Reply 18
Anyone received an offer, yet?
Swansea is my fave for genetics! wbu?

I'd like to do history and politics but if I get through adjustment I'm going to do law. Good luck!! I hope you get accepted at a great uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending