The Student Room Group

Regrets

I ended things with a guy recently basically on some pretty stupid reasons (which I didn't tell him) I just told him I was busy right now and didn't have time for a relationship. Now I regret it and want him back but I don't want to mess him around. What do I do? We both live in London so I was hoping our paths would cross some point and I'd bump into him. Is that wishful thinking. Arghhhhh help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2

It's too awkward now :frown:
Literally the only thing you can do is talk to him.
There are millions of people in London and the only way you'll 'bump' into him is if you go to his work place or somewhere you know he'll be which is more stalkerish.
Just message him
Reply 4
Original post by DoodleDee
Literally the only thing you can do is talk to him.
There are millions of people in London and the only way you'll 'bump' into him is if you go to his work place or somewhere you know he'll be which is more stalkerish.
Just message him

I can't :frown: in the heat of the moment I deleted his phone number from my phone and any text messages. He doesn't have Facebook. The only thing I have him on is Instagram and that's too awkward if I message him on there :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I can't :frown: in the heat of the moment I deleted his phone number from my phone and any text messages. He doesn't have Facebook. The only thing I have him on is Instagram and that's too awkward if I message him on there :frown:

If you have an iPhone, you might be able to retrieve it if you go to text him it could come up as 'recents' and another long winded way is to back up your phone through iTunes and get your numbers back-- i know this because i done the exact same and I needed to get a guys number back-(btw I regretted contacting him anyways)

If you cant get it back then i'm afraid Instagram will have to do OR wait for him to message you if he really misses you
Reply 6
If you have an iPhone, you might be able to retrieve it if you go to text him it could come up as 'recents' and another long winded way is to back up your phone through iTunes and get your numbers back-- i know this because i done the exact same and I needed to get a guys number back-(btw I regretted contacting him anyways)

If you cant get it back then i'm afraid Instagram will have to do OR wait for him to message you if he really misses you

What happened when you contacted him?
Reply 7
nothing's gonna happen if you won't talk to him
so either grow some balls... or ovaries, and message him on insta, or move on with yo life
What happened when you contacted him?

At the time i was glad I done it because we rekindled things for a while, but looking back on it now I basically came off quite needy and like I couldn't make my mind up bla bla.

If i could go back i would never have contacted him because things obviously ended for a reason to begin with.

If its meant to be it'll be.

Honest advice, wait for him to contact you.
Reply 9
Original post by z33
nothing's gonna happen if you won't talk to him
so either grow some balls... or ovaries, and message him on insta, or move on with yo life

The way I ended things though with him, I was meant to go on a date with him as well and I cancelled last minute because I freaked out and got too scared to date him. He was so nice as well when I ended things he said something like oh okay I understand all the best with whatever you do. The first week after I was fine and didn't miss him, now I can't stop thinking about him and want him back but I will look so stupid if I message him now and say actually....
Whereas my plan was if I just bumped into him in London then we could start talking again through that :frown:
At the time i was glad I done it because we rekindled things for a while, but looking back on it now I basically came off quite needy and like I couldn't make my mind up bla bla.

If i could go back i would never have contacted him because things obviously ended for a reason to begin with.

If its meant to be it'll be.

Honest advice, wait for him to contact you.

Thanks :frown: that's what I think I'll just come across as needy and like I can't make up my mind. I wish more than anything that he'd message me but I don't think he will because I told him I'm really busy right now and aren't looking for anything :frown:
Reply 11
The way I ended things though with him, I was meant to go on a date with him as well and I cancelled last minute because I freaked out and got too scared to date him. He was so nice as well when I ended things he said something like oh okay I understand all the best with whatever you do. The first week after I was fine and didn't miss him, now I can't stop thinking about him and want him back but I will look so stupid if I message him now and say actually....
Whereas my plan was if I just bumped into him in London then we could start talking again through that :frown:

bruh... do you even KNOW how big London is :lol: you ain't gonna bump into him there's like a 0.01% chance x_x
it's fine just explain to him that you panicked he might even appreciate it cos it shows that you didn't forget about him.
but are you sure you want to get back with him and have a long term relationship?
If so, then it's worth looking stupid for
Original post by z33
bruh... do you even KNOW how big London is :lol: you ain't gonna bump into him there's like a 0.01% chance x_x
it's fine just explain to him that you panicked he might even appreciate it cos it shows that you didn't forget about him.
but are you sure you want to get back with him and have a long term relationship?
If so, then it's worth looking stupid for

But on tinder we're like 5km away from eachother, that's not very far apart is it?!? I keep going through phases with him, even when I was talking to him, I'd go from liking him so much and wanting to see him to wanting to end things :frown:
Thanks :frown: that's what I think I'll just come across as needy and like I can't make up my mind. I wish more than anything that he'd message me but I don't think he will because I told him I'm really busy right now and aren't looking for anything :frown:

oohh you've never met? (thats what i understand from you cancelling your date) then you should be able to get over this easily- i assumed it was like an ex or something

either that or casually just say hey i freaked out but if you wana give things a go again then bla bla ..
thats if he hasnt already moved on ( i assume he may have if you hadn't met yet)- but if you made an impact on him he may be willing to start things again.

I know my advice might confuse you more lol, but think back to your messages- would he be happy to hear from you- if yeah then go for it
But on tinder we're like 5km away from eachother, that's not very far apart is it?!? I keep going through phases with him, even when I was talking to him, I'd go from liking him so much and wanting to see him to wanting to end things :frown:

can i ask- are you the girl that cancelled the date because he was unemployed- if so then just leave it
oohh you've never met? (thats what i understand from you cancelling your date) then you should be able to get over this easily- i assumed it was like an ex or something

either that or casually just say hey i freaked out but if you wana give things a go again then bla bla ..
thats if he hasnt already moved on ( i assume he may have if you hadn't met yet)- but if you made an impact on him he may be willing to start things again.

I know my advice might confuse you more lol, but think back to your messages- would he be happy to hear from you- if yeah then go for it

We didn't meet in the end :frown: a big thing I was also against was online dating and I didn't want to say to people we met online.
In my head I've stupidly romanticised this situation because I keep thinking what if I by some miracle bump into him in London? Then I can forget about the meeting online thing and just act as if we never met online
I'm so stupid and immature :frown:
can i ask- are you the girl that cancelled the date because he was unemployed- if so then just leave it

Yeah I did but I've been thinking and I realised how immature my way of thinking was and how he'd only be unemployed for a short period of time. I didn't cancel the date just because he was unemployed though, I just freaked out at meeting someone I'd never met before, the idea of meeting someone online, the idea of telling people we met online etc :frown:
Yeah I did but I've been thinking and I realised how immature my way of thinking was and how he'd only be unemployed for a short period of time. I didn't cancel the date just because he was unemployed though, I just freaked out at meeting someone I'd never met before, the idea of meeting someone online, the idea of telling people we met online etc :frown:

- You don't have to tell people you met online
- You can go somewhere public if you're scared he's a weirdo
- Suggest a quick coffee/drink so you're committed to like a long dinner
- You have expressed how much this makes you uncomfortable over and over in the other thread and the fact you've overthought it this much means you should leave it tbh
- Its tinder...- im on tinder too and iim a girl and being completely honest the chances you'll meet your husband on that is slim to none so either go on the date see what happens and carry on - or seriously leave it and carry on- either way this situation is not worth the amount of other thinking you've done
Reply 18

Don't pursue anything for the time being then because if you continue to feel that way you'd be wasting both your time and his, give it a couple more weeks and see how you feel
- You don't have to tell people you met online
- You can go somewhere public if you're scared he's a weirdo
- Suggest a quick coffee/drink so you're committed to like a long dinner
- You have expressed how much this makes you uncomfortable over and over in the other thread and the fact you've overthought it this much means you should leave it tbh
- Its tinder...- im on tinder too and iim a girl and being completely honest the chances you'll meet your husband on that is slim to none so either go on the date see what happens and carry on - or seriously leave it and carry on- either way this situation is not worth the amount of other thinking you've done

Original post by z33
Don't pursue anything for the time being then because if you continue to feel that way you'd be wasting both your time and his, give it a couple more weeks and see how you feel

I found his Spotify and can't stop listening to his workout playlist :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending