The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by TheParham
CIti test came through, I applied on the 5th for anyone interested

as in, you're able to actually do the test now?
****.... Barclays video interview was not good... anybody heard back after the video interview from Barclays?
CIti test came through, I applied on the 5th for anyone interested

Is this for off-cycle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bored565
Rejection like a month after the tests. My essays were dece I felt - lots of detail from their annual report, figures on M&A market share and recent deals.

Experience-wise I did a six month research internship with an MP on my gap year then another research internship doing research briefings for ministers/the PM in the Conservative Party during the general election and got a 2:1 in first year Law at Trinity, Cambridge....

I feel like I should've got a first round at least 😮

Law from Cambridge to doing IB? Shouldn't you be at Allen and Overy or somewhere; dishing out them subpoenas, making that $$ law monayyy. Suits style.
Original post by Commercial Paper
Is this for off-cycle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

FT, Markets
Original post by NV37
as in, you're able to actually do the test now?

as in I just got the test invite,....
Does anyone's app for MS IBD say "application received" after tests still? Been like that for ages now...

(As in, I would've thought it should've changed to under review or something like that by now, idk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexjones1994
Law from Cambridge to doing IB? Shouldn't you be at Allen and Overy or somewhere; dishing out them subpoenas, making that $$ law monayyy. Suits style.

I'm dead. :lol:

Original post by bored565
Rejection like a month after the tests. My essays were dece I felt - lots of detail from their annual report, figures on M&A market share and recent deals.

Experience-wise I did a six month research internship with an MP on my gap year then another research internship doing research briefings for ministers/the PM in the Conservative Party during the general election and got a 2:1 in first year Law at Trinity, Cambridge....

I feel like I should've got a first round at least 😮

:s-smilie: I'm ever so sorry. I'm worried now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Commercial Paper
Is this for off-cycle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

fyi, I applied for citi off cycle and got numerical 3 days after submitting
Original post by juventus100
fyi, I applied for citi off cycle and got numerical 3 days after submitting

Yeah, just got mine an hour ago now

Posted from TSR Mobile
What tests are their for MS investment management? Some of you have said numerical and some said numerical + logical??
Anyone have any idea on number of questions + time for Nomura Logical?
All I got was an email, 2 mins after the test saying 'Thank you for completing the tests...' Mine has only been 8 days. I think first rounds for most banks will be out 26th onwards.

Why 26th onwards?

Just turn up and smash it, it's Logical!
Sent my Citi application on the 12th, and just received the TalentQ "Elements Numerical" test now.

I am ****ing bricking it, any tips or insights into the test? I know they give 15 minutes but how many questions are there?
Just turn up and smash it, it's Logical!

I hate logical. Getting rekt on assesmentday. Too many patterns to see bruh
Original post by groovyd97
Why 26th onwards?

Normally a month after they open. Most opened around August 25th - 10th September.
Just got my test invite for Bank of England, anyone else?
Original post by apriori1234
Does anyone's app for MS IBD say "application received" after tests still? Been like that for ages now...

(As in, I would've thought it should've changed to under review or something like that by now, idk)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is "under review", as you put it, but I still can withdraw my application.

Waiting now for Citi, DB and HSBC post tests

12m for 24q

Quick Reply