The Student Room Group

Are any of you Year 11s worrying about mocks or have you not been told yet?

Just wondering. Most people get mark schemes off the web and some even sell them on eBay! DO NOT CHEAT.

This guy got ten A*s in the mock exams and two C grades (rest of them were Ds, Es and Us) in the real GCSEs.
Do people actually cheat for mocks? It just defeats the purpose of them
I'm definitley not cheating in mine would rather fail bcuase then at least I know what I need to do more work on
Mine are in November and no I'll start revising for them in a couple weeks
Original post by samaad1
I'm definitley not cheating in mine would rather fail bcuase then at least I know what I need to do more work on

At least you're sensible!:smile:
I never worry.
Original post by Carthaginian
I never worry.

I wish I could never worry always wondered what it would be like to never worry
Reply 7
Guys the mocks are nothing. Trust me. Even the real ones are fairly chilled. Examiners are proper nice with marking in the real ones. I blagged Unit English Lit (AQA), hadn't read the books for two years, plucked out quotes and got an A* on that paper. Predicted a D in English Lit. Mocks are just a warm up; most schools jump on the bandwagon tbh. @samaad1
Reply 8
deal with it were on the same page.
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Guys the mocks are nothing. Trust me. Even the real ones are fairly chilled. Examiners are proper nice with marking in the real ones. I blagged Unit English Lit (AQA), hadn't read the books for two years, plucked out quotes and got an A* on that paper. Predicted a D in English Lit. Mocks are just a warm up; most schools jump on the bandwagon tbh. @samaad1

Although I'm not saying don't revise, I wrote what I thought to be absolute rubbish in my English language GCSE exam this summer but still ended up getting A*s in both sections overall an A* whereas I got B/c in the mock that I felt really didn't represent my true capability so yh I feel examiners are quite lenient as they may just want to get marking over and done with so when they see a point they like they give you extra marks for that I guess
More or less the only real reason for mocks, bar potentially predictions, is to identify topics and subjects of weakness, so that revision may be co-ordinated accordingly. If you cheat, you're denying yourself that opportunity, and you may take a hit, performance-wise, for it.

Mine are in January.
@_gcx You're all correct. However, some of you are just jumping on the bandwagon by saying that. Those who do the converse want short-term success for various reasons, which is somewhat twisted and foolish because of the effect they're having on their parents. Some parents are worried sick and to fool them like that could be deemed insulting; who would want a child like them?

Quick Reply

Latest