The Student Room Group

'Has anyone in your family attended higher education?'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abstract_Prism
Well, actually I phrased that wrong.

What I'm really concerned about is not getting the advantages of being the first in your family to go to university.

But you're not. Your father went to university.
Original post by Good bloke
integrity

1467165105557.jpg
None of my family have attended uni so if I make it through the interviews I'll be the first. But even though the course I am applying to has crazy entrance requirements it would be unfair for them to give me an advantage over a family that has gone to uni? I think it's just so UCAS/the government can claim the education system is improving irrespective of reality.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
1467165105557.jpg

Solicitors Regulation Authority SuitabilityTest

Question 5.8

"Are there any other factors which may call into question your character and suitability?"

Answer

A random person on the internet suggested that I owed it to my integrity not to lie on a UCAS application about my family's educational background and I did not understand what he meant
The only person I know that has gone to uni is my cousin. Does that count or do they only mean immediate family? (parents, siblings, grandparents)
Reply 25
Original post by IKEAPanda37
The only person I know that has gone to uni is my cousin. Does that count or do they only mean immediate family? (parents, siblings, grandparents)

Parents (inc. step-parents & guardians) only.
Original post by IKEAPanda37

No, it means immediate family.
Original post by jneill
Parents (inc. step-parents & guardians) only.

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, it means immediate family.

Ah ok, thanks for your help:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending