The Student Room Group

Follower of the Religion of peace stabs man to death over "religious argument"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
Since when did an insult warrant being stabbed???

It doesn't.
Reply 21
Original post by Vividly clear
A man was stabbed to death outside a Canadian university residence by a Muslim acquaintance after an argument about Islam and Arabs reportedly got out of hand.

A rooming house outside of Toronto, Canada’s York University was the site of a fatal stabbing in the early hours of Tuesday morning, which witnesses say was caused by a religious argument about Islam.

28-year-old Alp Efe was rushed to hospital after being stabbed multiple times and was pronounced dead upon arrival at the facility. The man accused of his murder, 31-year-old Alijan Arif Khan was arrested later that day by police and charged with second-degree murder Canadian broadcaster CTV reports.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/14/muslim-murders-man-canadian-university-religious-argument/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

New York Police say a Muslim woman whose traditional clothing was set alight in a suspected hate crime was a Scottish tourist visiting Manhattan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/new-york-police-scottish-muslim-woman-fire-dress-attack-a7254891.html

Deranged people do exist, regardless of religion.
Original post by Ua3142
New York Police say a Muslim woman whose traditional clothing was set alight in a suspected hate crime was a Scottish tourist visiting Manhattan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/new-york-police-scottish-muslim-woman-fire-dress-attack-a7254891.html

Deranged people do exist, regardless of religion.

I never disputed that, I just feel that questions need to be asked when the majority of the examples of religious acts of insanity tend to stem from a certain religion.

:bandit:
Reply 23
I never disputed that, I just feel that questions need to be asked when the majority of the examples of religious acts of insanity tend to stem from a certain religion.

:bandit:

I get you, but it's simply not as easy as pointing a finger at a religion and saying 'ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF WAR!!'

There are alot of factors that need to considered on why 'muslims' seem to be attracted towards joining ISIS, especially British ones.

(I'm might be wrong, but its just a thought experiement)
Some muslims (british) see the destruction and chaos in 'islamic' countries like Syria and Iraq and then they blame the american and sometimes the british government. They see ISIS as a group who are fighting people who destroyed their homeland, actually this point is aimed at native terrorists.

Why are british muslims attracted to ISIS or terrorism? I feel these people probs arent educated and when they reach an age in which they are starting to look for a cause, they see joining a terrorist organisation as one. There is also a problem in some areas in england that aren't segregated, where dodgy Imaams do exist. These Imaams could be influence the fragile minds of these people and plant the seed of terrorism. Oh and these so-called 'muslims' who are poorly educated, I bet they weren't religious in the past and I bet they drank or partied before, and so feel guilty.

Ok what about clever people like neuro-scientist who decide to join ISIS? I feel they tend to be swayed by the chaos in their home countries and they might want to get back at the goverments, again looking for a cause.

Also factors like living in a *****y estate or having bad parents who weren't emotionally supportive and repressive. The friends they had when they were younger etc.
Another big factor is the will of the person themselves. For example, a drug addict could simply keep on taking drugs to get the highs he needs to keep going, whilst another drug addict could suddenly become self aware of the damage the drug has done to their bodies and decide to change. The same could be said for why do 'muslims' commit terrorism (idk how)

If Islam was to blame then why arent all muslims blowing themselves everyday? cause end of the day were are all humans and we aren't the same.

It is also important to consider how vast Islam is and the different 'sections' of people, some Muslims will interpret the Quran differently to others. I believe the Quran is far complex and that some words/ phrases could have deeper metaphorical meanings - but that doesnt matter here.

The political and historical factors could also come into play. When Saddam Hussain was over-thrown, his sunni army was later disbanded because they were made up of sunni muslims in a shia majority country (or something like that). These soldiers then became 'soldiers for hire'.

To summarise (cause I'm getting bored of typing), here are the factors that I think might influence people to commit acts of terrorism:

-Destruction in their 'homelands'
-Dodgy Imaams
-wrong influences in their lives
-Being suppressed.
-Being convinced of the 'wrong' interpretation of the Quran.
-Their genetic make up (it would be hard to do an autopsy on them if they've blown their brains out)
-Political factors.

What do you think?
(edited 7 years ago)
He should not have done that.
Reply 25
Atleast reply to my previous post, took me 20mins bro :frown:
Original post by TercioOfParma
A lot of people need to learn to tolerate disagreement better, whatever identity they have.

Nice platitude, but clearly muslims need to tolerate disagreement a little better than most considering France, Germany, Spain, Belgium and the UK are at high-risk threat level from Islamic terrorism.
Original post by BaconandSauce
does he have to be a 'great follower?'

I know a few Muslims who drink but they are still Muslims.

But if there was a muslim who was fine with homosexuality or condoned women's rights then people like you would say theyre not muslim. right.
I could decide to type it out and give you all the contextual, historic, philosophic support of what I said but I'll rather just upload a video where it is all detailed

[video="youtube;jHmsL0p6jnI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHmsL0p6jnI[/video]

all the sources used in that vid dont apply to me (different school of thought) + author of source (ibn kathir) used was mainly influenced by wahabi/salafi ideology (basically isis) by the likes of ibn taymiyyah and ibn qayyim + no source for historical context.

I couldnt care less about what you believe in tbh. just make sure you are looking for the truth and not for reasons why islam is a religion of violence.

https://youtu.be/9PPthd_RfwM
37:35-39:55
explains 9:5 if you're interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you drink you shouldn't be a proper representation of a religion. Surely if this guy was under the influence of alcohol and the quran says youre not suppose to then this guy is not relevant to religion of islam.
And Jainism - perhaps moreso.

To paraphrase Harris, the more extremist a Jain is, the less we have to worry about them.
At the time before Islam, people of the different tribes were living quite recklessly
So Islam came along, being a better way of living than the people before, it was therefore seen as more peaceful in comparison, hence 'religion of peace'

Now humans have developed even more, with better systems, and so now Islam seems barbaric to us

It was the religion of peace at its time, but not anymore
Original post by ChuckNorriss
all the sources used in that vid dont apply to me (different school of thought) + author of source (ibn kathir) used was mainly influenced by wahabi/salafi ideology (basically isis) by the likes of ibn taymiyyah and ibn qayyim + no source for historical context.

I couldnt care less about what you believe in tbh. just make sure you are looking for the truth and not for reasons why islam is a religion of violence.

https://youtu.be/9PPthd_RfwM
37:35-39:55
explains 9:5 if you're interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what do you mean by "it doesn't apply to you" ?

Part of the 6 articles of faith is thole heartedly accept Muhammed as a prophet and also to believe his every word and commandments, like these words where he commands his followers to kill people based on what they believe.

He stated in the Hadith's that he was made victorious through terror, he told his followers to not take Jews and Christians as friends and to also kill anyone that defies him.

You can't just pick and choose what applies to you and what doesn't. If Muhammed is truly a prophet then you should believe every thing he says, you can't call yourself a muslim if you doubt or disbelieve in him
Original post by zainyyyyy
if you drink you shouldn't be a proper representation of a religion. Surely if this guy was under the influence of alcohol and the quran says youre not suppose to then this guy is not relevant to religion of islam.

If you don't beat your wife or kill all the infidels then are you 'relevant' to Islam?

Saying "not a real Muslim" is a ridiculous argument...
a real muslim is someone who follows the quran right?
They might as well call it "THE MUSLIM ROOM (TMR)".
Original post by fksociety
But if there was a muslim who was fine with homosexuality or condoned women's rights then people like you would say theyre not muslim. right.

No wrong

I know Muslims who drink, I know Muslim women who have partners who are not Muslims, muslims in sexual relationships who are not married, Muslims who gamble, Muslims who smoke weed and even the odd gay Muslim

The one thing they all have in common is they ARE Muslim.
Original post by BaconandSauce
No wrong

I know Muslims who drink, I know Muslim women who have partners who are not Muslims, muslims in sexual relationships who are not married, Muslims who gamble, Muslims who smoke weed and even the odd gay Muslim

The one thing they all have in common is they ARE Muslim.

This is what the OP said in a post. Isn't it the exact opposite of what you said? Or is there a difference which I am not able to tell?

You can't just pick and choose what applies to you and what doesn't. If Muhammed is truly a prophet then you should believe every thing he says, you can't call yourself a muslim if you doubt or disbelieve in him.
Original post by Saba XD
This is what the OP said in a post. Isn't it the exact opposite of what you said? Or is there a difference which I am not able to tell?

You can't just pick and choose what applies to you and what doesn't. If Muhammed is truly a prophet then you should believe every thing he says, you can't call yourself a muslim if you doubt or disbelieve in him.

You're right but I would argue the opposite if a person say they are a Muslim then they are a Muslim.

After all it is only the 5 pillars that make someone a Muslim so breaking parts of their faith doesn't change the way they see themselves (especially for Islam where a lot of it is open to interpretation)
Again you have to highlight the religion. If he wasn't Muslim the news story would probably be ' DRUNK MAN KILLS ACQUAINTANCE OVER WEIRD ARGUEMENTS'. You need to stop labelling all Muslims as bad people. If someone kill someone else there probably crazy or violent. However, if a 'Muslim' kills someone its automatically a terrorism attack. I don't know about then, but now it seems like journalists deliberately make their stories more 'juicy' by adding 'Muslim' or 'Islam'. Their words describing people following their religion. If you don't follow the same religion so be it. Leave their views and beliefs alone and stop marinating stories with this 'special sauce' to get views. Yes, you can identify someone's religion in the news, yet if your going that far might as well create a database for their name, address, grandparents, inherited diseases and cousins twice removed. What do you think would have happened if the British guy that tried killing Donald Trump was Muslim? Long story short it would have been all over the world. But since he wasn't, hardly anyone knows about it.This is a website for everyone, please for the sake of humanity think before you write.

Quick Reply

Latest