The Student Room Group

When a stranger stares at you, what do you do?

I was standing near a corner, waiting for my mum to come out of the corner shop and this Asian guy started staring at me. He got kinda close to me as he walked and even when he got close he kept staring. I took a quick glance of him and I looked at trees.

As soon as he walked by me he turned back and stared a bit before he disappeared around the corner. I made a creeped out expression... but I wasn't disgusted or creeped out at all. I was just uncomfortable- he was so close and he stared so intensely. I didn't want to make it awkward for him so I didn't stare back lol.

What do you guys do when someone stares at you?

a) Stare back
b) Just ignore it
c) Confront them

Strange after-story: There was a guy that noticed him staring and my expression afterwards. He striked a convo with me saying that 'I think he likes you', and then something along the lines of 'how are girls creeped out?' then I responded 'if you stare for more than 5 secs', then he said 'thanks for the tip, cutie'... I was more creeped out by that exchange than the guy staring at me.

I assume he was just staring at me because I'm Asian (oriental) too. I must look like someone he knows because the only people that really stare at me are Asians.

Scroll to see replies

Maybe youre just attractive?
I'm assuming you're female, I guess you gotta learn how do deal with unwanted attention.

Posted from u a hoe mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh and on the case of them staring, our brains are hard wired to feel uncomfortable when being stared at, so there's only 2 things u can do.
1. Confront
2. Ignore

It depends on my mood. Sometimes smile if I'm feeling particularly happy, if I can't be bothered I'll ignore it, or I'll give them the death stare.
That made me laugh. Thx

Posted from u a *** mobile
Reply 5
yupp that's what I do,
since it usually happens on the train I just look back at them like

Win the staring competition
Bring it on m80s:colone:
Reply 7
lmao then i stare at their reflection in the little plastic see through thing people lean on to check if they look back at me and keep catching them out :lol:
Reply 8
Stare at them back. Confronting them will just be a pain, and would waste time.
Original post by kkboyk
Stare at them back. Confronting them will just be a pain, and would waste time.

Yeah true.. If you stare back most likely they will either wake up or think 'oh sh*t boi, this one ain't playing around'

Tbh i'd just whip it out.
Original post by XOR_
I do that BEFORE they start staring.

Makes sense :P
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
x

Respond back saying "U Mirin' brah?"

stare back ini
Original post by z33
lmao then i stare at their reflection in the little plastic see through thing people lean on to check if they look back at me and keep catching them out :lol:

:rofl: I did this once!! The guy went running out the carriage tripping over his feet looking back at me as I kept this face:
:sexface: slowly following him as he jogged off terrified.

I had to do it because he was mean mugging me
Reply 16
Original post by 0to100
:rofl: I did this once!! The guy went running out the carriage tripping over his feet looking back at me as I kept this face:
:sexface: slowly following him as he jogged off terrified.

I had to do it because he was mean mugging me

lmaooooooooo :lol:
i should try and perv back and see their reaction
but imagine they like it
then i'd be in trouble xD
Original post by z33
lmaooooooooo :lol:
i should try and perv back and see their reaction
but imagine they like it
then i'd be in trouble xD

LOL Seriously though, be sarcastic with these buffoons who eyeball you for no reason. Like how you're dressed or something. Just make them feel stupid for it. Don't even get aggressive, I used to though. Then I realised they're just ignorant and not worth my extra energy at all :rofl:
@z33 stared at them through the plastic oh my life XD that has got to be the funniest thing I read all day.
Reply 19
You could always put on a 'attempted' seductive face while staring

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending