The Student Room Group

Maths help

Hi
I got this home work but i cant work it out, so here is the paragraph and question:
" The data recorded for each pupil including place of birth, sex, age (in years and months), height and weight. Statistics class decides to collect the weight of year 8 and compare them with the data on the year 7 students. It is agreed the data will be collected one lunch time. Each member of the class will be provided with set of scales and will as many year 8 pupils as possible. At the end of the lunch time they will each report the number of people weighted and the mean of the weight recorded."
In the paragraph above indentify:
-Two qualitative variables
-Two continuous variables
-One discrete quantitative variable
-Secondary data
-Primary data
-A population
-A sample
- A statistic
-A parameter

Can anyone help me to work this out please??
Thank you
Reply 1
Do you know the difference between discrete and continuous data?
Original post by Ano123
Do you know the difference between discrete and continuous data?

Not really, i have never been taught what they are or the difference between them
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Not really, i have never been taught what they are or the difference between them

there's a reason why there are resources and textbook to learn a lot of this stuff including e-learning resources. Im not going to spoon feed you the answers, you won't learn anything.
Original post by Light Venom
there's a reason why there are resources and textbook to learn a lot of this stuff including e-learning resources. Im not going to spoon feed you the answers, you won't learn anything.

I dont want to be spoon fed the answer but at the moment the maths a-level text books havnt arrived yet and i cant find any resources to help me so i was just looking for help not the full answers to everything
[video="youtube;6IdJ1aPFDCs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IdJ1aPFDCs[/video]
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
I dont want to be spoon fed the answer but at the moment the maths a-level text books havnt arrived yet and i cant find any resources to help me so i was just looking for help not the full answers to everything

Don't you know which exam board you are doing? etc edexcel aqa.
Original post by Light Venom
Don't you know which exam board you are doing? etc edexcel aqa.

Nope havnt a clue, my maths teacher hasnt told me
Original post by the bear
[video="youtube;6IdJ1aPFDCs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IdJ1aPFDCs[/video]

Thank you that is very helpful to know

Quick Reply

Latest