The Student Room Group

Do I have to wear make up to be attractive to guys?

Scroll to see replies

Nope. I haven't worn makeup for the last couple of years, I get more attention now than when I wore it.
Reply 41
i guess a bit but not too much... dont want to get frightened when you take it off and believe me that happens to a lot of guys
No, you don't have to. I never wear make-up except for special occasions and honestly cheap make-up is worse than no make-up.

Guys will still like you if you wear no make-up. Obviously not all guys but I don't think that sort of consideration should dictate your choices. If you don't like wearing make-up but you date a guy who would want you to wear make-up that could quickly becoming irritating. It's similar to pretending you have a shared interest in something when you don't, it'll just come back to bite you in the end. I wouldn't set up an expectation that you always wear make-up if you don't actually want to.

Equally if you were into dramatic eye make-up you wouldn't want to swap that for the "natural" look / no make-up just because the guy you fancy prefers it. You want a guy to like you however you feel comfortable.
No. Any decent guy wouldn't care. But if you decide to put some on don't over do it. There is nothing less attractive than a girl caked in makeup.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Yes, if you want to mislead people.

Attachment not found
No you dont need makeup, most girls wear it to fit in because all the others girls wear it or to hide their imperfections. I doubt a guy will care anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Athena64
I don't wear make up at all and never have, and it's not something I want to go into. But it seems like a standard for girls (everyone else wears it), I might have to, especially if it makes senpai notice me.

Opinions?

You don't have to wear make up to make you look good or change your appearance. It's better to use it to enhance your natural features, for instance, covering a blemish. You could maybe use a bit of concealer under the eyes and on spots, curl your eye lashes and wear some brown mascara to 'perk up' your eyes, maybe a faint dab of blush to make your skin look more bright and healthy, brush up your eyebrows or use a clear mascra gel to give them shape, a bit of vasaline to make your lips look healthier?
It's not a case of 'I wear make up' or 'I don't wear make up', therefore, 'i'm better/more attractive than you'. It's about general appearance and personal preference. You can do any of the things mentioned above to subtly lift your appearance when necessary without major effort or skill e.g if you have tired eyes. Or continue not to wear any at all, perfectly up to you.
Personally I go rather light (e.g brown mascara) compared to my friends, but wear eyeliner and lipstick etc when I go out to bars/clubs so I don't look super young.

I can't quite remember properly, but the whole original point of make up links to the evolutionary attraction of females looking young and healthy, therefore, being fit and fertile enough to carry a males child (something like that). Characteristics include pink healthy cheeks (e.g reason for blusher), non-dry healthy looking lips etc basically the reverse of looking ill. I know make up has long changed since but the purpose of looking young (no bags or wrinkles) and healthy are still relevant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay well the only other thing I can think of is that you have a very vivacious personality.

Would you ever imagine yourself being accurately described as such?
Go off to the postapic thread , if u wanna brag :wink:
Tbh, in my opinion a bit of make up can make a girl look prettier or more confident, however you want to see it. I find that girls that put on a lot of make up, though, like it literally looks like they have a mask on, are really unattractive.
Reply 50
No, you don't need to wear makeup to be attractive to guys. That's just a stereotype, and although I respect girls who like wearing makeup regularly, I respect everyone for their choices - so I respect girls that don't. It's your face and you should wear it how you want.

Most guys are attracted by who you are, whether your funny, sarcastic, kind or open. Your face shouldn't be an influence - the right guy will be drawn to you by who you are - not your face. Frankly if you want to date guys who only care about your appearance then you do that, but I think you deserve better and that you don't have to look like the stereotypical women do in the media (advertising) to attract a partner. You're beautiful inside, I don't see how your outsides could possibly REPEL anyone, and I bet you look ****ing damn cute anyways .
Reply 51
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Go off to the postapic thread , if u wanna brag :wink:

How is that bragging, it's evidence backing up a point.
Reply 52
Original post by samzy21
No you dont need makeup, most girls wear it to fit in because all the others girls wear it or to hide their imperfections. I doubt a guy will care anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(or they wear it because they like wearing it)
Nope. I don't wear make-up and still get unwanted attention.

My boyfriend's response to seeing me in make-up is usually, "ugh, make-up" or, "ugh, why."
Reply 54
Original post by Ashling

Most guys are attracted by who you are, whether your funny, sarcastic, kind or open. Your face shouldn't be an influence

someone has overdosed on bluepills....
Nah wearing make up is feeling comfortable about yourself personally it's your choice. If it's a way to impress a guy loooool no whether they say you look pretty it's a compliment makes you feel good
Reply 56
Original post by ANM775
someone has overdosed on bluepills....

Oh, did my body positivity offend you?
Original post by Ashling
How is that bragging, it's evidence backing up a point.

It's a inside joke
Original post by TorpidPhil
Okay well the only other thing I can think of is that you have a very vivacious personality.

Would you ever imagine yourself being accurately described as such?

Wrong again :tongue:

Awww heeellll nawww
Well Miss RedHead I am grateful to inform you that you have superior aesthetics to most of womankind it would seem :smile:

Congratulations on winning the genetic lottery haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending