The Student Room Group

CS at uni

Okay, so if i was predicted AAB predicted in maths, ICT and physics respectively ... would i be able to have a reasonable chance of getting into somewhere like UCL (A*AA) , St Andrews (AAB) , Kings (AAB) or Warwick (AAA)?
Reply 1
You'll get offers from all of you have a decent PS.
Original post by TrojanH
You'll get offers from all of you have a decent PS.

What did you get, and hows Newcastle btw?
Reply 3
Original post by BigMan Ting
What did you get, and hows Newcastle btw?

I had AAC at AS predicted ABB.

Offers from Newcastle, Lamcaster, Nottingham, Swansea etc.

Considering I didn't meet entry for literally any (Notts wanted AAA), and that none of my subjects were relevant at all for my degree, it's safe to say MOST (not top 5) unis will give out offers. they have no cap and giving out offers is easy, meeting them, not so much, they carry little risk in giving you an offer and so are very likely to provide you with one.

My PS may have been better than most as I had a lot of "leadership exp" because I just basically said yes to Any jobs school gave me, remembered to write them down and fluffed about them
On my PS.

I haven't started Newcastle yet! Eeks! Going on holiday and then packing up for Newcastle and heading out next day so next few weeks is going to be major stress lol.
I got AACC for my AS grades, dropped one of the Cs, was predicted AAB in Maths, Physics and Computing. University of Edinburgh offer was AAA, got in with A*AB :smile:

So yes it's possible. This was for a joint honours degree in Computer Science and Physics.
Original post by TrojanH
I had AAC at AS predicted ABB.

Offers from Newcastle, Lamcaster, Nottingham, Swansea etc.

Considering I didn't meet entry for literally any (Notts wanted AAA), and that none of my subjects were relevant at all for my degree, it's safe to say MOST (not top 5) unis will give out offers. they have no cap and giving out offers is easy, meeting them, not so much, they carry little risk in giving you an offer and so are very likely to provide you with one.

My PS may have been better than most as I had a lot of "leadership exp" because I just basically said yes to Any jobs school gave me, remembered to write them down and fluffed about them
On my PS.

I haven't started Newcastle yet! Eeks! Going on holiday and then packing up for Newcastle and heading out next day so next few weeks is going to be major stress lol.

so did you meet the entry for Newcastle? did you also do history at a level, i need help with coursework lol
Reply 6
Original post by BigMan Ting
so did you meet the entry for Newcastle? did you also do history at a level, i need help with coursework lol

Yes.

I was rubbish at A2 history. Got like a C In coursework. Those that did best had picked a topic they were really passionate about.

Quick Reply

Latest