The Student Room Group

My boyfriend has finally forgiven me for cheating etc. but I'm not even happy about i

I can't bring myself to care anymore, about anything or anyone It's like my depression's gotten 100 x as bad really suddenly \9even before he told me) lol i could see how put off he was by my reaction to him saying we're all good now 'oh really thats great......'might as well have said why dont you just **** off now. my sibling is messing up their life too and i just cant brin myself to care, will i ever care....
is it normal not to give a damn about anyone when youre depressed or is it just me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by white.daniel
if youre lonely come snapchat me

sean_doran98

I just said I dont give a **** about anyone didnt i..................
Original post by Ciel.
I can't bring myself to care anymore, about anything or anyone It's like my depression's gotten 100 x as bad really suddenly \9even before he told me) lol i could see how put off he was by my reaction to him saying we're all good now 'oh really thats great......'might as well have said why dont you just **** off now. my sibling is messing up their life too and i just cant brin myself to care, will i ever care....
is it normal not to give a damn about anyone when youre depressed or is it just me

It's common to get emotional numbness when you have depression. I really think you should see your GP though, this isn't going to suddenly go away. Also talk to your boyfriend, try and get him on the same page as you at least so he has some idea of what's going on, otherwise he'll feel pushed away
I...I... need more i-information on the situation.

I'm struggling to comprehend this on this rainy Friday morning
Reply 4
Original post by TruthBeTold'

Read his other thread
Original post by kkboyk
Read his other thread

Cheers
Reply 6
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It's common to get emotional numbness when you have depression. I really think you should see your GP though, this isn't going to suddenly go away. Also talk to your boyfriend, try and get him on the same page as you at least so he has some idea of what's going on, otherwise he'll feel pushed away

Yeah, I know I've been on this crazy ride for years now and now I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere. I don't wanna see a doctor about it though. Went to see one once and things just didn't work out but it's a long story guess I just find it difficult to comprehend how something thats only in my head can affect me so much
He knows about it, to an extent but i think he just expected me to be more enthusiastic

hmmm? Like what? what are you talking aboutt it's sunny. at least where i live
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah, I know I've been on this crazy ride for years now and now I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere. I don't wanna see a doctor about it though. Went to see one once and things just didn't work out but it's a long story guess I just find it difficult to comprehend how something thats only in my head can affect me so much
He knows about it, to an extent but i think he just expected me to be more enthusiastic

hmmm? Like what? what are you talking aboutt it's sunny. at least where i live

Explain what happened fully. I read your previous posts and i'm still fairly bamboozled...but interested
Reply 8
Explain what happened fully. I read your previous posts and i'm still fairly bamboozled...but interested

Not really sure what else is there t explain - im a cheater and i like crazy parties when the mood strikes me, my boyfriend is a nice person but im totally ungrateful and emotionally numb sums it up pretty well
Original post by Ciel.
Not really sure what else is there t explain - im a cheater and i like crazy parties when the mood strikes me, my boyfriend is a nice person but im totally ungrateful and emotionally numb sums it up pretty well

I...I.. I'm going to vacate this thread.

Unusually, I can't offer any of my expertise or advice.

You've stumped me

You've stumped me

That's unusual
Reply 11

You've stumped me

haha its fine, youre too cute for your own good
Reply 12
Original post by Ciel.

With all due respect, stop using people to fix your own issues. Nothing good is going to come of it and it only makes things worse.
Reply 13
Original post by sh9
With all due respect, stop using people to fix your own issues. Nothing good is going to come of it and it only makes things worse.

I'm not going to break up just because I've depression though
Reply 14
Original post by Ciel.
I'm not going to break up just because I've depression though

Do you feel anything at all for him? I remember your previous thread about missing your ex boyfriends and being bored of this guy and it's just *****y tbh.

He must really ****ing love you to forgive you for cheating.
Reply 15
Original post by sh9
Do you feel anything at all for him? I remember your previous thread about missing your ex boyfriends and being bored of this guy and it's just *****y tbh.

He must really ****ing love you to forgive you for cheating.

I do, deep down. But i dont really feel much for him at the moment. still, same applies to everyone, friends and family members too its this complete emotional numbness, the world could end and id be like how dull. Ah yeah it was a really stupid thread, i regret it now, was in one of my euphoric crazy moods they are so rare but they make me really reckless and stupid
Reply 16
Original post by Foo.mp3
Most depressives go through apathetic periods (bipolar people often push people away, of course). I should note that I've known people to feel their emotions/senses/drive dulled on certain medications for depression, mind. Whatever the case with you, I hope you're able to move through this; for the time being, however, it would be wise to consider the ethics in remaining in a seriously unbalanced relationship - doesn't strike me as being terribly fair on the poor sod

I'm not on antidepressants, just benzos. not really bothered about ethics to be honest its not like I'm forcing him. he wants me here, now im pretty sure that he'd be unhappy if i left. Besides ive nowhere to go and im really comfortable at his place
hope he leaves your dumb ass.

Disgusting.
Reply 18
Original post by trapking
hope he leaves your dumb ass.

Disgusting.

Attachment not found

just kidding! <3 he wonttt do it
Reply 19
Original post by Foo.mp3
Well, you should be, makes no sense to knowingly cause upset/misery

For sure, but it's important/fair to arm him with knowledge

Ah ok, didn't realise there were logistical considerations. In that case you do have a fine line to tread and I can appreciate why you'd be reluctant to lay everything out on the line

Knowingly? I'm not trying to though : ( Well, yes, that too. I've some sort of depression/anxiety and sedatives dependence issues so I impulsively quit my job some time ago. Still, despite everything id hate to break up with him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending