The Student Room Group

How do I get AAA at A level?

I have just started college and i am studying English lit, politics and sociology.
How would i get an A in all of these subjects and when should i start revising and for how long?
I really want to do well!
Thank you
I got AAA (but in totally different subjects) and in class I'd read the textbook in detail and do every question there was for that section. I'd read ahead, which meant there was never a lesson I was confused with the topic.

Over the exam period I spent every day revising, for most of the day, for about 30 days straight. Doing past papers and ensuring I knew everything in the textbook. After school review what you've learned so it sticks in your head. Oh and try to find interest in whatever topic you're studying even if it's very dull, it helps you remember.

This might not apply to your subjects very well since I did maths, chemistry and biology and I'm not sure how to effectively revise for essay-based subjects.
Original post by Callum323
I got AAA (but in totally different subjects) and in class I'd read the textbook in detail and do every question there was for that section. I'd read ahead, which meant there was never a lesson I was confused with the topic.

Over the exam period I spent every day revising, for most of the day, for about 30 days straight. Doing past papers and ensuring I knew everything in the textbook. After school review what you've learned so it sticks in your head. Oh and try to find interest in whatever topic you're studying even if it's very dull, it helps you remember.

This might not apply to your subjects very well since I did maths, chemistry and biology and I'm not sure how to effectively revise for essay-based subjects.

Hey I'm doing maths and chem; do you have any advice on how to revise for these subjects and get A's?
Thanks!x:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
Hey I'm doing maths and chem; do you have any advice on how to revise for these subjects and get A's?

Go through the textbooks and do enough questions in each section so you're comfortable answering any question given to you. Memorise any formulas / equations you need to know and do lots and lots of past papers. Seriously, past papers will save your life.

In my 2016 mechanics exam there was a question identical to a 2013 question. There was no difference except from the numbers used. I remembered how to answer the question and I got 100% in the exam.
Original post by sunshine774

I did Maths, Further Maths and Statistics A levels and got A*A*A*.

The key is PAST QUESTIONS. I cannot stress that enough. I did about 2000 past questions over the last 100 days or so before the exams - I did AS and A2 all at once which is why I did so many past paper questions. Wrote them out as full solutions and went over them and repeated them.

And for the final hint - PAST QUESTIONS !!!!!!
Original post by Callum323
Go through the textbooks and do enough questions in each section so you're comfortable answering any question given to you. Memorise any formulas / equations you need to know and do lots and lots of past papers. Seriously, past papers will save your life.

In my 2016 mechanics exam there was a question identical to a 2013 question. There was no difference except from the numbers used. I remembered how to answer the question and I got 100% in the exam.

Thank you so much!:smile:
Original post by euclid_postulate
I did Maths, Further Maths and Statistics A levels and got A*A*A*.

The key is PAST QUESTIONS. I cannot stress that enough. I did about 2000 past questions over the last 100 days or so before the exams - I did AS and A2 all at once which is why I did so many past paper questions. Wrote them out as full solutions and went over them and repeated them.

And for the final hint - PAST QUESTIONS !!!!!!

Thanks very much!:smile:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest