Just received my reading list for English Lit :eek:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Amrit Bhullar
Still can't get into the accommodation portal 😧

you might be able to now! I've been trying all weekend then it just started working for me today.
Just received my reading list for English Lit :eek:

Is it super long? :K: Also did you get it through email? I was wondering if we were gonna get anything for language/linguistics but haven't heard anything yet
Original post by wickedisgood
Is it super long? :K: Also did you get it through email? I was wondering if we were gonna get anything for language/linguistics but haven't heard anything yet

Its 2 pages long, so yep pretty much 😣 but they are categorised into terms, so there's about 5/6 books each term. Yeah I got it through email from the department alongside another "congratulations on making it lancaster" attachment letter. You might hear from them this week perhaps
Hello, there,I'll be doing History and staying in Fylde,
Original post by Vortex777
Hi there! I'm studying accounting, finance and maths. The college I'll be living in is county.

Yass! The BEST college :biggrin: Which accommodation?
Hello! International student here, doing a foundation in life sciences, hoping to move into Ecology & Cons. BSc. Staying in County, but moving in on the 1st as I booked my ticket for the 1st months before, and they very kindly let me move in a day early. Honestly, I'm terrified (despite the fact I'm slightly older due to a goal switch so I'm a little late to uni) and worried about living in a foreign country with no family or friends. Are you guys all locals?
Original post by italktodogs
Hello! International student here, doing a foundation in life sciences, hoping to move into Ecology & Cons. BSc. Staying in County, but moving in on the 1st as I booked my ticket for the 1st months before, and they very kindly let me move in a day early. Honestly, I'm terrified (despite the fact I'm slightly older due to a goal switch so I'm a little late to uni) and worried about living in a foreign country with no family or friends. Are you guys all locals?

Hey, I'll be doing Ecology and there are a few international students on the course already, so don't feel like you're the only one! Lancaster is a really nice place and there's a strong international community among students. If you have facebook, there's a page just for students studying in the LEC, so you could join that if you have more questions or if you want to meet other students.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EigoSenpai
Hey, I'll be doing Ecology and there are a few international students on the course already, so don't feel like you're the only one! Lancaster is a really nice place and there's a strong international community among students. If you have facebook, there's a page just for students studying in the LEC, so you could join that if you have more questions or if you want to meet other students.

Hi! That's great to hear, you'll be my actual senpai in 2017 then haha! But yeah, my best bet would be probably to find friends from my country (fingers crossed) just for a little respite from homesickness. I just really hope I get along with my flatmates and find buddies to do stuff with. Thanks for your reply!
Its a small world 😂 I'm in superior ensuite, what about you?

hello!! i'm studying Management & in superior ensuite in Pendle as well :smile:
Original post by charmainechin96
hello!! i'm studying Management & in superior ensuite in Pendle as well :smile:

I think the world may have just gotten smaller :biggrin: haha
that's awesome to hear, I guess that means I'll see you on moving day :smile:
Original post by Vortex777
County South! What about you?

Ahah i'm a second year, i was in county south last year. You'll love it :biggrin:
I found a Facebook group that has lots of people saying what blocks of accommodation they'll be in within their college (I was specifically looking at the Pendle one). Does anyone know how to find this? I'm really confused because I can't see anything on the accommodation portal :s-smilie:
I found a Facebook group that has lots of people saying what blocks of accommodation they'll be in within their college (I was specifically looking at the Pendle one). Does anyone know how to find this? I'm really confused because I can't see anything on the accommodation portal :s-smilie:

It should be in the induction portal. Have you gotten the email? They don't give out room numbers, but they do tell you what your building is once you've seen all the pages and set a time to pick up your keys.
Original post by italktodogs
It should be in the induction portal. Have you gotten the email? They don't give out room numbers, but they do tell you what your building is once you've seen all the pages and set a time to pick up your keys.

I ended up getting that email about an hour after I posted that, but when I tried to login then and now it says 'Web Login is unavailable due to an internal error'.... :frown:
I ended up getting that email about an hour after I posted that, but when I tried to login then and now it says 'Web Login is unavailable due to an internal error'.... :frown:

I had that issue too until a few days ago where it seems they fixed it. The error isn't on your part, so you might want to email the uni tech department or whatever. It really should be fixed by now because it has been weeks since they realised the original issue.

what's the facebook group called?
what's the facebook group called?

Pendle College Freshers Forum 2016/17 [x] :h:
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
I had that issue too until a few days ago where it seems they fixed it. The error isn't on your part, so you might want to email the uni tech department or whatever. It really should be fixed by now because it has been weeks since they realised the original issue.

I waited a while to see if they'd fix it but it still isn't working so I messaged them, hopefully they'll reply soon! Is there anything super urgent on the portal that I need to do? I don't want to end up scrambling last minute because of it being broken :s-smilie:
I waited a while to see if they'd fix it but it still isn't working so I messaged them, hopefully they'll reply soon! Is there anything super urgent on the portal that I need to do? I don't want to end up scrambling last minute because of it being broken :s-smilie:

I wouldn't worry too much - it's mostly to answer any questions you may have about accomodation (a lot of this is already in the resident handbook). Mostly, it's to set a time to pick up your keys - I think at the main building? Basically, if you're arriving in the middle of the night or something, you have to get your keys from the porters, and if you're arriving during the day I wouldn't worry too much about that cause even if you don't set a time they do have your name and room and stuff so you shouldn't really have an issue!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending