The Student Room Group

Bioveterinary Science personal statement

Hello,

I am applying for bioveterinary science 2017 entry and am trying to start writing my personal statement but can't find many examples specifically for Bio veterinary science. Can any of you who have or are planning on doing this course help me out with tips/examples of a good personal statement?
Reply 1
Same here, also is work experience vital for this course??
Reply 2
Hi there!

Im about to start my final year of studying veterinary biosciences at Glasgow. Unlike veterinary medicine, work experience isn't vital for this course but it would definitely give you an advantage. Lab experience or even a week at a vets would be good. I have never seen an example of a biovet personal statement before as I aimed mine towards veterinary medicine, but wasn't successful on getting in and biovet was my back up. Have a look at some veterinary research papers and current stuff in the news on biology/ vets. You could also have a look at some vet med PS to help you along :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Ell47
Hello,

I am applying for bioveterinary science 2017 entry and am trying to start writing my personal statement but can't find many examples specifically for Bio veterinary science. Can any of you who have or are planning on doing this course help me out with tips/examples of a good personal statement?

I did a bioveterinary science degree, I'm now a vet student and my personal statement was aimed at vet med but I didn't get in first time so I did Biovet as a back up. You just need to explain your interests in science and animal welfare etc. Have a look at the individual module the degree has and tailor to those. Having a strong interest in sciences is particularly handy with Biovet, as well as current issues within the animal world. The degree has changed since I did it but I did modules such as anatomy/cell biology/current issues in Biovet which at the time was tb, grouse and moorland and the effects of fireproofing on animals such as cats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Lizziefickling
I did a bioveterinary science degree, I'm now a vet student and my personal statement was aimed at vet med but I didn't get in first time so I did Biovet as a back up. You just need to explain your interests in science and animal welfare etc. Have a look at the individual module the degree has and tailor to those. Having a strong interest in sciences is particularly handy with Biovet, as well as current issues within the animal world. The degree has changed since I did it but I did modules such as anatomy/cell biology/current issues in Biovet which at the time was tb, grouse and moorland and the effects of fireproofing on animals such as cats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks a lot, this helped :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BioVet2
Hi there!

Im about to start my final year of studying veterinary biosciences at Glasgow. Unlike veterinary medicine, work experience isn't vital for this course but it would definitely give you an advantage. Lab experience or even a week at a vets would be good. I have never seen an example of a biovet personal statement before as I aimed mine towards veterinary medicine, but wasn't successful on getting in and biovet was my back up. Have a look at some veterinary research papers and current stuff in the news on biology/ vets. You could also have a look at some vet med PS to help you along :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:

okay thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending