The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 November retake

Hey guy I was hoping for some quick information on the Edexcel November retake this year 2016.
Could someone please answer the following for me , it's highly appreciated.
I got 69 on my maths exam and I was 1 mark off a pass and my remark came back the same.

My questions are;
1. In all seriousness are the November retake exams harder or are they predicted to be harder?
2.will the grade boundaries be the same as for the June exam or will they differ in accord to the new set of results ?
3. How long do remark grades tend to come back to the retake candidate ?
4. Who has had to retake maths and what for you has been useful to helping you succeed your retake ?

I really appreciate this I got all A's and B'a on my other GCSEs and maths just ruined my whole day. 😑
Original post by Anynomususer
Hey guy I was hoping for some quick information on the Edexcel November retake this year 2016.
I got 69 on my maths exam and I was 1 mark off a pass and my remark came back the same.

My questions are;
1. In all seriousness are the November retake exams harder or are they predicted to be harder?
2.will the grade boundaries be the same as for the June exam or will they differ in accord to the new set of results ?
4. Who has had to retake maths and what for you has been useful to helping you succeed your retake ?

I really appreciate this I got all A's and B'a on my other GCSEs and maths just ruined my whole day. 😑

1. They are supposed to be exactly the same difficulty as summer exams and any variation in difficulty will be reflected in the grade boundaries that are set. This summer the higher tier papers were relatively easy resulting in higher than usual boundaries, the November papers are likely to be harder and have lower boundaries.
2.the grade boundaries of every set of exams is based on an analysis of results for that exam series. The boundaries will not be the same as the summer paper.
3. Edexcel remarks for gcse maths often come back the same day and rarely take more than 1 or 2 days to get back to your exams office. How fast they then tell you is up to them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks , appreciate it
Reply 3
Original post by Anynomususer

My questions are;

hey i am literally in the same position as you i got all a's and b's in my other subjects it was just maths that was the let down. i have heard that the papers are going to be harder due to the summer ones being "easy". did you see the 2015 November retake paper? it is slightly easier than the one summer 2015 one so that might say something. i cant really help with any advice bc i am also redoing however i am trying different exam board past papers because they usually just copy of different exam boards and maths is maths it isnt really going to change much from exam boards!! good luck!!
Original post by h4n33n
hey i am literally in the same position as you i got all a's and b's in my other subjects it was just maths that was the let down. i have heard that the papers are going to be harder due to the summer ones being "easy". did you see the 2015 November retake paper? it is slightly easier than the one summer 2015 one so that might say something. i cant really help with any advice bc i am also redoing however i am trying different exam board past papers because they usually just copy of different exam boards and maths is maths it isnt really going to change much from exam boards!! good luck!!

Good luck to you too mate , here's hoping we do well and are done with it ! 😊
Reply 5
I was in exactly the same situation but I was 2 marks off instead of 1.. Good luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest