The Student Room Group

SItting a GCSE exam externally?

Basically at school I am dropping a GCSE so I really want to make up for that with another subject but my school will not enter me for that subject which is CCEA GCSE Religious Studies because there is no coursework involved, it's just assessed through public examinations but I currently do CCEA Entry Level RE so since that's a different qualification , surely I wouldn't have to drop that either? And if I do ask another school can I sit my exam there will I have to pay? Do I just do my own studying at home?
Reply 1
Original post by adz234
Basically at school I am dropping a GCSE so I really want to make up for that with another subject but my school will not enter me for that subject which is CCEA GCSE Religious Studies because there is no coursework involved, it's just assessed through public examinations but I currently do CCEA Entry Level RE so since that's a different qualification , surely I wouldn't have to drop that either? And if I do ask another school can I sit my exam there will I have to pay? Do I just do my own studying at home?

Well, if you want to sit any qualification then you'll have to find a centre to host that exam for you (aka a high school/college). You will have to pay to sit the exams (usually cost £70 or so per subject). You will have to find your own means of studying, the school will not be helping you. So self-studying or a tutor are your options.

Quick Reply

Latest