The Student Room Group

Where are you from?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Hallo, Ich komme aus London aber Ich Wohne in York.

And I'm learning German at the minute :smile:

Seit wann wohnst du in New York? Sind deine Eltern nach New York ausgewandert?

*Let us see how good you are in writing German.*
Original post by Kallisto
Seit wann wohnst du in New York? Sind deine Eltern nach New York ausgewandert?

*Let us see how good you are in writing German.*

Ich meine York, die York in England.

And I'm not very good I've only had 4 lessons and an our on duolingo
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Ich meine York, die York in England.

And I'm not very good I've only had 4 lessons and an our on duolingo

Stimmt. Da habe ich wohl ein Wort zu viel gelesen.

I see. Are still you learning the German language?

Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Ich lebe in Devon in Sudwestengland.
Sorry if my German is bad, i dropped the subject recently

Schön.

Why did you have drop the subject? too tough?
Im from Planet Mars. You guys should come up here, so much fun.
I enjoyed the subject but i didnt want to take it on as alevel

Good. I have understand. What a subject took you instead? maybe another language?*
Scotland :love:
North Yorkshire, though not too long after I was born my family moved to Derbyshire and I lived there until I was 6 before moving back up here. I'd absolutely love to study and live in Canada though. I just really can't afford it
Reply 27
Born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria but i live in South London (Lewisham)
I used to live in Benin City until i was 3 then I lived in Elephant and Castle for a bit and moved to Lewisham in 2006 (im 14)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks

:five:same! I was born in Scotland but then we moved to the south lol

You seem to be very proud of your origin. Could it be that it has something to do with the nice landscapes? many people are crazy about them.*
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:five:same! I was born in Scotland but then we moved to the south lol

I never knew that! :eek: where abouts in Scotland where you born? :smile:
Original post by Kallisto
You seem to be very proud of your origin. Could it be that it has something to do with the nice landscapes? many people are crazy about them.*

The landscapes are beautiful but the people make Scotland. We're a really friendly bunch and that is what makes me more proud to be Scottish:h:
I never knew that! :eek: where abouts in Scotland where you born? :smile:

You learn something new everyday :yy: :rofl:Livingstone. My family and I used to live near Edinburgh (for the first 4 years of my life) before moving to the South (where I am now)
I can still remember it and have some good friends there! :wink:
How about you?
You learn something new everyday :yy: :rofl:Livingstone. My family and I used to live near Edinburgh (for the first 4 years of my life) before moving to the South (where I am now)
I can still remember it and have some good friends there! :wink:
How about you?

Ah that's not too far away from me, about 60 miles away I think :smile:

I'm from bonnie auld Ayr :tongue: :love:
Ah that's not too far away from me, about 60 miles away I think :smile:

I'm from bonnie auld Ayr :tongue: :love:

OMG OMG OMG :woo:
My Auntie lives in Ayr! I try and visit every now and then because it is so nice! :love:
Wow!
I actually love Scotland though! I wish we hadn't moved :sigh:
OMG OMG OMG :woo:
My Auntie lives in Ayr! I try and visit every now and then because it is so nice! :love:
Wow!
I actually love Scotland though! I wish we hadn't moved :sigh:

Wow! If you're ever in Ayr you'll need to give me a shout! :tongue: do you still have your Scottish accent then? :colondollar:
@Spock's Socks and @CheeseIsVeg
What is it like up in Scotland?

Its one of the many places i wanna visit and explore

Its a beautiful country :h: it has some of the nicest landscapes I've ever seen. Its got everything you could want - cities, beautiful countryside, beaches, friendly locals and some cracking accents :tongue:

The weather can be very temperamental. You can experience all four seasons in one day in Scotland :laugh:
@Spock's Socks and @CheeseIsVeg
What is it like up in Scotland?

Its one of the many places i wanna visit and explore

I find it really cultured and the people are soo nice! The scenery is nice too! I really like Ayr, Glasgow is great (Museums too :mmm:) and not biased at all Edinburgh ofc :rofl:@Spock's Socks will have a more recent/wider knowledge though :tongue:
Wow! If you're ever in Ayr you'll need to give me a shout! :tongue: do you still have your Scottish accent then? :colondollar:

Its a beautiful country :h: it has some of the nicest landscapes I've ever seen. Its got everything you could want - cities, beautiful countryside, beaches, friendly locals and some cracking accents :tongue:

The weather can be very temperamental. You can experience all four seasons in one day in Scotland :laugh:

I will omg :hugs:
No :frown: I wish I did! Apparently when I first moved I still did, and I still say things like bath and grass in the northern (correct :tongue:) way XD
But nope. All Southern fried now I'm afraid :I
Im from London

Everyone here be like im from Scotland it has nice scenary, im from hawaii its exotic.
and im here just like i have a great view of big red buses :love::love::love:
Edinburgh is one of the places i wanna go lol, it seems a beautiful culture place and they have a great museum apparently, one that my dad went to and didnt even take me :colonhash: and you from there then? And i love museum, and culture lol, i sound like a old person :rolf:

Gooo! :biggrin: I was born near/lived near Edinburgh for 4 years but I'm English not Scottish :frown:
You should go :yy: Would recommend!

Quick Reply

Latest