Reply 40
Also how do UCAS tariffs work?
So, my stats are as follows:
GCSE - 9A*s and 2As
AS levels - AABB
UKCAT - 700 Band 2
A level predictions - Hopefully A*AA but most likely AAA
Also doing an EPQ

What are my chances of getting an interview and an offer if i apply?
Hey,
I got a UKCAT score of 2180, and that is an average of 727.
But I got a Band 3, do you think this will matter for Barts?
I got a ukcat score of 1980(660), band 1. Roughly what UCAS tariff would I need to get an interview? I have no clue what a good tariff would be. Please help me :smile:
Original post by ford2910
I got a ukcat score of 1980(660), band 1. Roughly what UCAS tariff would I need to get an interview? I have no clue what a good tariff would be. Please help me :smile:

I'd say 260-ish, I'm sure you know tariff numbers have decreased. Bart's new mind range examples are.
Tariff. UKCAT
775(282). 2570(1930)
630(242). 2690(2020)
550(216). 2740(2060)
500(196). 2810(2130)
Brackets = what Bart's predict now the UCAS numbers have changed and there not being any DA
This was taken from there 2015 -2016 Admissions cycle
It's all here http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/assets/courses/admissions-data-from-the-2016-admissions-cycle.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lowkey-loki
I'd say 260-ish, I'm sure you know tariff numbers have decreased. Bart's new mind range examples are.
Tariff. UKCAT
775(282). 2570(1930)
630(242). 2690(2020)
550(216). 2740(2060)
500(196). 2810(2130)
Brackets = what Bart's predict now the UCAS numbers have changed and there not being any DA
It's all here http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/assets/courses/admissions-data-from-the-2016-admissions-cycle.pdf

Damm, okay thank you, i have achieved grades of A*AAA and havent done the extended project, my music qualifications are below grade 6 so i think i only have 500. Guess Barts is ruled out then :/
Tariff. UKCAT
775(282). 2570(1930)
630(242). 2690(2020)
550(216). 2740(2060)
500(196). 2810(2130)

What about a UKCAT of 2380(793 average)? What tariff do you think I need?
Original post by manlike99
What about a UKCAT of 2380(793 average)? What tariff do you think I need?

I am by no means an Authority on this but you've done incredibly well, almost 2 entire standard deviations above the average. you've got plenty of room to get a low tariff as long as you meet there ucas cut off of 144 points. For A Levels A* is now 56 points and an A is 48...
would you mind sharing how you got such a high score? like how many question did you do? I sit mine soon so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I am by no means an Authority on this but you've done incredibly well, almost 2 entire standard deviations above the average. you've got plenty of room to get a low tariff as long as you meet there ucas cut off of 144 points. For A Levels A* is now 56 points and an A is 48...
would you mind sharing how you got such a high score? like how many question did you do? I sit mine soon so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :smile:
I did exactly what was said in this video, this guy is very good with medicine related stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-YqsChtBks Also, I think my tariff will be around 188. Which is 480 in the previous tariff calculations. What do you think about my chances? Is my tariff too low?
Original post by manlike99
Thank you :smile:
I did exactly what was said in this video, this guy is very good with medicine related stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-YqsChtBks Also, I think my tariff will be around 188. Which is 480 in the previous tariff calculations. What do you think about my chances? Is my tariff too low?

I think you'll be fine, on there website they state that the lowest tariff they accepted was 410 (144) which was offset by there high ukcat of 3020 (2290-2310) you got 2380 with a ucas that's high than theres as well. you might wanna start getting ready for there interview :biggrin: do you mind if i ask what your stats were?

I averaged like 660 on the medify mock i'm really trying to push it up.

to further put you mind at ease about 95% of the population will score under 2 standard deviations above the mean (600) so with a bit of generous rounding you are 1 in 20. honestly as long as you meet there cut off you should be fine.
I think you'll be fine, on there website they state that the lowest tariff they accepted was 410 (144) which was offset by there high ukcat of 3020 (2290-2310) you got 2380 with a ucas that's high than theres as well. you might wanna start getting ready for there interview :biggrin: do you mind if i ask what your stats were?

I averaged like 660 on the medify mock i'm really trying to push it up.

to further put you mind at ease about 95% of the population will score under 2 standard deviations above the mean (600) so with a bit of generous rounding you are 1 in 20. honestly as long as you meet there cut off you should be fine.

Thanks a lot :smile:
GCSE: 7As 3Bs(I blame leaving revision to the last minute)
Predicted:AAA and A* in EPQ
AS:AABB
660 is about what I was getting in medify mocks so that's pretty good - they're harder than the real thing. And thank you that is reassuring! :smile:
Does anyone know how the new Tariff system works?
I am predicted 4A* for my A2. What tariff do I get?
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 52
I was also wondering the same thing. How will the trariff system work for 2017 entry when many schools (like mine) only did 1 or 2 AS Levels? Would this put these applicants at a disadvantage in terms of tariff points?
Original post by yongfai97
Does anyone know how the new Tariff system works?
I am predicted 4A* for my A2. What tariff do I get?
Thank you! :smile:

you get 224 ucas points, there all lower this year and an AS is worth only 40% of the full A2.
A*=56
A=48
etc...
Original post by swan123
I was also wondering the same thing. How will the trariff system work for 2017 entry when many schools (like mine) only did 1 or 2 AS Levels? Would this put these applicants at a disadvantage in terms of tariff points?

To my knowledge Barts don't care about AS level and your UCAS tariff is calculated off what you get predicted for A2. so long as you have a good predicted grades you should be good :biggrin:. EPQ and things never hurt.
So what ucas tariffs and ukcat scores do you guys have? So i can figure out whether its worth me applying.
UCAS Tariff (new 2017)-264
UKCAT 693 sj band 1
Worth applying?
Reply 57
I am graduate looking to apply at Barts. Stats:

2:1 Biomedical Science
UKCAT: Total (2060) average (690) Band 1
Plenty of healthcare experience

I know the GEP course I extremely competitive and you pretty much need a score above 700 to have a strong application. Is there any chance in applying for the 5 year course with those stats? My degree incorporates sufficient biology and chemistry so I don't think they need to look at my A levels (which weren't great - ABC)
Would I still get UCAS points for an AS-Level when I've dropped the subject. I'm predicted A*A*A*, and I have an A in my fourth subject at AS, so would that be 168 or 188 points?
I'm also doing EPQ if my proposed title gets accepted, but let's say I got a B in it, or was predicted a B, would that be an issue? I don't think it'll happen, because I'm doing a topic that properly interests me, but just in case...
Original post by riyaaaaa
UCAS Tariff (new 2017)-264
UKCAT 693 sj band 1
Worth applying?

Definitely. Your tariff is absolutely amazing, and your UKCAT is nothing to be sniffed at either!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending