Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by nonametosee
Well, yeah! What kind of trickery is this? :frown:

I would kill for your grades.
Original post by KloppOClock
I would kill for your grades.

That's the problem isn't it. People in my school are averaging around 100%, 99.5%, 99.3%, 99.2%, 98.8%, 97.6%, 97.2% etc etc and most of them are predicted A*A*A*A* But we gotta learn to be happy with what we have :smile: Trust me I would kill my friends for their grades as well :frown:
Intended Subject - Civil Engineering

GCSE - (Not good) :frown: 7 A*s 5 A's

AS Levels - (I've done it already) A*AA (Looking at around 94.4% average across all subjects)

Predicted A2 - A*A*A*A (I'm shooting myself over my A prediction :frown:)

PS: If you're gonna ask why I got an A* at AS, it's because I did the full maths A-Level in my first year :biggrin:

What are my chances?

Your chances are very high... Your grades and predictions are in no way bad (and you hopefully know this)! They're also way better than mine, and I'm starting chemistry with molecular physics in two weeks time (which is probably less competitive, but still...). Grades aren't the only thing they look at though, and you'll definitely have an an interview for engineering.
Original post by Firefly13
I would lean towards thinking the admissions office is right, but I wouldn't be surprised if they misunderstood your question and got the answer wrong. As long as you meet their other subject requirements (and especially if it's a fourth A Level) then I don't think there is any harm in applying - you can chose five universities to apply to after all and you don't want to end up regretting not putting it down :smile:

emailed them again and they said it's sound, cheers anyway

AS Levels - (I've done it already) A*AA (Looking at around 94.4% average across all subjects)

PS: If you're gonna ask why I got an A* at AS, it's because I did the full maths A-Level in my first year :biggrin:

What are my chances?

Not sure if you're genuinely doubting you'll get an interview at least or you're just humblebragging...
Original post by DarkEnergy
Not sure if you're genuinely doubting you'll get an interview at least or you're just humblebragging...

He/she made me roll my eyes.
Original post by TiernanW
He/she made me roll my eyes.

I got 92 A*s at GCSE, and I've already completed all 17 of my A-levels in year 12. I got an A* in 16 of them but accidentally got an A in my 17th A-level (only revised for 9 minutes instead of the 10 minutes I revised for everything else). I know Imperial is out of the question, but will London Met at least accept me?
I got 92 A*s at GCSE, and I've already completed all 17 of my A-levels in year 12. I got an A* in 16 of them but accidentally got an A in my 17th A-level (only revised for 9 minutes instead of the 10 minutes I revised for everything else). I know Imperial is out of the question, but will London Met at least accept me?

Can't cope. x'D
Reply 129

Sorry m8. I am afraid...no
Original post by BioOx
Sorry m8. I am afraid...no

Damn, guess I'm off to do an apprenticeship in shoe polishing then.

What are my chances?

People like you are very irritating.
Reply 132
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
People like you are very irritating.

You know that these kinds of people get places at Oxbridge.
Original post by BioOx

nah, i know people who will get oxbridge places and dont sound stuck up
Original post by KloppOClock
nah, i know people who will get oxbridge places and dont sound stuck up

Oh believe me, my chances of getting into Oxbridge are basically non existent because I'm a foreign student. :frown:
Reply 135
oh believe me, my chances of getting into oxbridge are basically non existent because i'm a foreign student. :frown:

nonsense
Original post by BioOx
nonsense

Wait, if he's an international student, he literally needs a flawless academic record.
Original post by BioOx

Not really true. I've never actually seen or heard of a stick up Oxbridge student. I have seen a handful of stuck up prospective students though. Naturally, some ***** are students there, but there likely in the minority.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Wait, if he's an international student, he literally needs a flawless academic record.

^Yeah. Non-EU students are really heavily disadvantaged in Oxbridge admissions
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Intended Subject: Mathematics

GCSES: 3A* 6A 2B

AS level : AAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics)

A level prediction: Probably A*A*A*A*, or A*A*A*A at worst.

Extracurricular:
Not much to be honest but it isn't really needed for maths. Hoping a good MAT score makes up for this and poor GCSES. Some of the gcses on this thread depress me.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hey, sorry this is 4 weeks late, I was just browsing this thread for shits and giggles.

I'm a joint maths and compsci fresher this year and I had a similar profile to you (if not slightly worse), 2A* 3A 2B 2C at GCSE and AAAA at AS with predictions of A*A*A*A.

What I will say is that for the DoC at least (who handled my application) poor GCSE's simply weren't a factor in my application. I asked my interviewer and he said "yeah well you are making up for it now, it isn't a problem".

Obviously your application will be handled by the DoM rather than the DoC because you are doing a straight maths degree so it will be slightly different, but I would say that you shouldn't be overly concerned :smile: Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending