The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiszShortee786
Of course we do. However it is mainly due to the fact that other males who we are not allowed to marry will see us therefore leading to sin.

Its kind of sad that you think you're not allowed to marry someone.The fact that you are not allowed to do something speaks volumes about islams treatment of women.Women and men for that matter should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want as long as they dont harm other people.You see someone you like,its not haram to kiss them nor is it a sin.Its pathetic how religion blinds people to the beauty of real life in the hope of a false afterlife.Real life is right here and now,not after you are dead.
You guys can stop bringing bicycle and motorbike helmets into this. #helmetlivesmatter
Reply 182
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Of course it does. If your religious beliefs say you have to consistently wear a garment while in public/among other people, then it will apply to restaurants, etc.
First, Islam doesn't demand that women cover their face.

Second, it just means that there is a possibility that you won't be able to use certain venues if you refuse to remove your mask. It is a personal choice that has certain repercussions, like so many things in life.

Not comparable as wearing the veil does not cause harm.
But if the sacrifice is willing, then who are you to stop them from practicing their religion? That was your argument.
Or is it only some religions that have these rights.

And I'm sure that there are psychologists who would argue that wearing the veil does harm. After all, most Muslim women who wear it are coerced to some degree, in some way.
Reply 183
Original post by slaven
I personally do not see a problem with this. If Mohammed believes that apostates should be killed or that non-muslims are less worths than it is more than fine to not sit next to Mohammed.

You seem very paranoid if you think regular muslims think like this, they might not even care or think about you don't believe the media hype
If you hate the religion Islam then you are entitlted to your own opinion
Bye
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_JoKeR
You guys can stop bringing bicycle and motorbike helmets into this. #helmetlivesmatter

No, because they're the easiest comparison to make. They're banned in places where they are deemed a security risk because you can't see the face; why is the niqab given preferential treatment?
Reply 185
Original post by OGGUS
we're not animals we evolved from giants. There's even proof you can search it up. There's some fossils of giant humans. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, you're back.
And no, there is no evidence of giants. It is all fake. It never happened. You do realise that a 30 metre human is physically and biologically impossible.
Original post by QE2
Oh, you're back.
And no, there is no evidence of giants. It is all fake. It never happened. You do realise that a 30 metre human is physically and biologically impossible.

lol you prey on every single thread about muslims, don't you have any hobbies or anything?
Reply 187
Original post by NimcoA
Right..... I strongly dislike ice cream but i wont start a whole argument about it on tsr.
Maybe you should. What about all violence, oppression discrimination and intolerance done in the name of ice cream?

Oh, hold on. That's something else, isn't it? Ah yes, religion (specifically Islam, in this context).
Still, brilliant analogy.
Reply 188
Original post by Trapz99
If the woman chooses to wear the niqab, what's wrong with that? In the Uk, women dang be forced to wear something or to not wear something.
And if the people-trafficked woman "chooses" to work as a prostitute, what's wrong with that?
Original post by Angry Bird
lol you prey on every single thread about muslims, don't you have any hobbies or anything?

We have to let the special people have their moment in the sun:wink:.
Original post by QE2
Oh dear. But you just said...
"If someone wants to wear a certain clothing regardless of what other people think and say then yes wear it"
*SMH*

Destroyed again lmao.
Original post by 1010marina
No, because they're the easiest comparison to make. They're banned in places where they are deemed a security risk because you can't see the face; why is the niqab given preferential treatment?

calm down lmao its meant to be a joke. No need to be so serious
Reply 192
Exactly I wear it out of my OWN choice. Why is that so HARD to comprehend? Honestly.
But earlier, you said you wear it because it is a religious necessity.
So if you genuinely believe in Allah, and that your ultimate destination depends on how well you follow his rules, it is not your own, free choice.
Reply 193
I would of given you a scenario however I think am just going to leave it here.
"Would have". Grr!
I support the restaurant owner. His restaurant. His rules.
Reply 195
Original post by samaad1
how is that a fair example when that would cause harm and this hurts NO ONE
Are you saying that any religious practice that causes permanent physical harm should not be permitted?
Reply 196
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
I do not hate all muslims. I hate the religion. I dislike most religions. It still does not make me racist. Racisim is about RACE (White, Black, Asian, etc), not RELIGION.

Then you're entitled to your own opinion. But don't believe the media hype not many muslims will ever think about hurting a fly let alone a fellow human it's haram to even kill spiders in Islam
Reply 197
Original post by samaad1
Becuase those things do not need to be wore inside however for muslim women and girls the niqab hijab burqah all have to be worn inside
No they don't. That is obvious because the majority of Muslim women don't wear the niqab/burqa, and many don't even wear the hijab.
Or are you calling them "Not True Muslims"?
Original post by Jee1
Then you're entitled to your own opinion. But don't believe the media hype not many muslims will ever think about hurting a fly let alone a fellow human it's haram to even kill spiders in Islam

lmao my parents go mad when I kill a moth
Reply 199
Original post by Angry Bird
Yes. And you are helping me with one of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending