The Student Room Group

Clinton may have supported an illegal war but at least she didn't propose colonialism

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Cain Tesfaye
arab spring; armed rebellion; civil war; targeting civilians; NATO gets involved and attacks Gaddafi despite their mandate being limited to protecting civilians

I thought the west learned from what happened in Iraq. Now Libya is destabilized and that's why many migrants can cross through to Europe everything was fine as it was.

From sources I have read, Gadaffi wanted to trade in gold which would have made Africa competitive
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by Crijjkal
Even with all his crimes (I already admitted he was brutal) do you honestly think the U.S. would have invaded and toppled Saddam if he was the leader of some random country in Africa ?

It depends on whether this African country has oil and is an enemy of the Saudi.
Original post by slaven
What is wrong with colonialism? All Africa would wish it back since they were better of under french or british rule.

Actually most experts will tell you that the political and hierarchal structure of Africa before colonisation was far more progressive than British imperialism and even democracy.

What you have said is a common misconception that nationalist morons blurt out.
Original post by Horny Hijabis
and if it comes to that, international law won't do anything to save the Christians/Atheists/leftist snowflakes, because international law is like an emperor's new clothes situation, it only has the illusion of reality so long as people mutually agree to go along with the collective delusion.

Strong username
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Strong username

It's true, I'm not saying every Muslim would do that, but if it came to that, international law would fail to have any influence, just like it fails in North Korea, it fails in Saudi Arabia, it fails in Syria, it fails in Russia.
Original post by Crijjkal
I assumed you would read at least the beginning of the article I linked.

I cba to open links from a mobile phone. Will have to do it at home.
Original post by akbar0123
The two aren't really comparable lol

Yes they are; theft is theft. That's why during war, soldiers can't enslave the population of the invaded country and rape the women, even though that was totally fine "back in the day". This is the 21st century, not the Stone Age.
They should have been thankful, the only things America did wrong was not to continue paying the Iraqi army's wages and actually releasing people like Baghdadi, I've said this before and I say it all the time, America has been the kindest, most benevolent superpower to have ever existed in the history of mankind, they're not tough enough, they're a load of pussies.

Who are you to tell them how they "should" be feeling? They are the ones living with the consequences of the war, not you. Or are you suddenly an expert who knows more about life in Iraq than Iraqis?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
Who are you to tell them how they "should" be feeling? They are the ones living with the consequences of the war, not you. Or are you suddenly an expert who knows more about life in Iraq than Iraqis.

Yes I am, I am a more developed human being in every sense of the word/
Yes I am, I am a more developed human being in every sense of the word/

OK, so you're a troll. Pointless conversation then
Original post by WBZ144
OK, so you're a troll. Pointless conversation then

If you're going to come out with personal absurdities you will receive answers befitting your behaviour.
Every Shia Iraqi I have spoken with (and it has been more than 1) is happy that Saddam is gone, literally the only people I know who are against the invasion are White leftists and south Asian Sunnis who have literally nothing to do with Arabia or the Arab world.
Every Shia Iraqi I have spoken with (and it has been more than 1) is happy that Saddam is gone, literally the only people I know who are against the invasion are White leftists and south Asian Sunnis who have literally nothing to do with Arabia or the Arab world.

prsom
Reply 93
Original post by fksociety
Actually most experts will tell you that the political and hierarchal structure of Africa before colonisation was far more progressive than British imperialism and even democracy. .

Even the Zulu Empire?
Original post by slaven
Nah, how come Hong Kong was clever enough to use the advantages of the Empire and not Africa?

Very different contexts. Hong Kong was taken first as a storage zone then as a trading port. The British weren't there purely to exploit natural and human resources. Hong Kong succeeded also because it's not China but still very close to China. It's totally geographical.
Original post by Josb
Even the Zulu Empire?

You can research it yourself. If you want to discuss this get rid of your attitude.

Btw, what i've said is completely true.
Original post by fksociety
You can research it yourself. If you want to discuss this get rid of your attitude.

Btw, what i've said is completely true.

He's French; the attitude is natural :rofl:

Just kidding, don't report me. PC gone mad?! :eek:
Yeah without colonialism Africa would have industrialized first, would be on the moon in the 1600's and would be flying around in helicopters by the 18th century. LOL just kidding.

I have lived in the Middle East, as opposed to spoken to a few Shia Iraqis. Saddam may have been far from loved but the 2003 invasion remains highly unpopular, it's not like the people were asking to be invaded. Besides, Iraq isn't Arabia.

And even if they were happy with it, that does not justify theft.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
I have lived in the Middle East world

Which part?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending