The Student Room Group

loughborough!!??clearing

hi i want to do material science at loughborough and i was wondering of there was spaces available for that course through clearing this year(2016)?
Reply 1
Quick check of their website shows that they have no clearing places left. Sorry.
1. Why are you asking us? We don't represent Loughborough university.
2. Shouldn't you have sorted this a month ago? People have already started university.
Reply 3
Original post by Callum323
1. Why are you asking us? We don't represent Loughborough university.
2. Shouldn't you have sorted this a month ago? People have already started university.

lol na im applying for unis this year , i dont have the predicted grades to apply to loughbrough so i was hoping they had my course in clearing/adjustment, i'm in year 13.
Reply 4
Original post by SURH
lol na im applying for unis this year , i dont have the predicted grades to apply to loughbrough so i was hoping they had my course in clearing/adjustment, i'm in year 13.

If you borrow a copy of the Daily Telegraph published on results day you will see the courses that were in Clearing this year. Ask your local library.

However, just because a course is in Clearing in a given year doesn't mean it will be in Clearing next year. Also universities may or may not reduce their offers during Clearing anyway. It all depends on many things including supply and demand.

Your best strategy is to apply to a couple of universities above your prediction (aspirational choices), 1 or 2 at your prediction and 1 or 2 below your prediction (insurances). And then see what offers you get and what results you actually achieve, before worryng about Clearing...

Quick Reply

Latest