The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thevamps99xo
Don't worry your pretty little head about it. I just put your targets onto my subjects and searched Law, and that course at Cambridge came up!! You'll be fine :smile: It was on that TSR unimatch tool btw :smile:

Okay thank you, i hope so. :biggrin::tongue:
Anyone used tsr's personal statement checker yet? I want to but I need to get my post count up first :tongue:
Original post by ConicalFlask
Anyone used tsr's personal statement checker yet? I want to but I need to get my post count up first :tongue:

Yeah I have, although I don't really agree with most of the edits because it wouldn't sound like my writing if I implemented them and there's a few nuances in meaning that are lost. It's still good to get a second opinion but I haven't changed my ps much as a result if I'm honest!
So I love six unis. And I have five choices. I'm looking at Oxford, Edinburgh, Manchester, Warwick, Durham and Bath. I think I'm stuck between Durham and Bath, but I love the course at Bath, but I love Durham. Any help would be much appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to start revision soon, as I have 1 AS exam to revise for, 6 A2 exams and 2 GCSE exams. I know we've literally just started back at school but I want to go from DEE to much higher grades. I know I can do it :smile: I just need to make sure I have this mindset all year round :smile: also I need to make sure I'm on top on any homework and coursework I need to do, as that will definitely help :smile:
I'm going to start revision soon, as I have 1 AS exam to revise for, 6 A2 exams and 2 GCSE exams. I know we've literally just started back at school but I want to go from DEE to much higher grades. I know I can do it :smile: I just need to make sure I have this mindset all year round :smile: also I need to make sure I'm on top on any homework and coursework I need to do, as that will definitely help :smile:

I've got 8 A2 exams :s-smilie:. Good luck by the way :h:
Registered with UCAS today, cannot wait to start applying! Hope to have everything sent off first week in October :biggrin:
Has anyone been to open day to any of the following universities- imperial college london, Nottingham, Birmingham, UCL? If not then what is the uni you have been to that was very good??
Original post by GeorgeB16
Registered with UCAS today, cannot wait to start applying! Hope to have everything sent off first week in October :biggrin:

In form today my tutor said that universities are more likely to look at your application if you apply early, so you're doing the right thing!!!!!!
In form today my tutor said that universities are more likely to look at your application if you apply early, so you're doing the right thing!!!!!!

I just want to get it out the way XD It will be a big weight off my shoulders and I'll be able to focus on my subjects and getting those important grades! :biggrin:
Original post by Chief_98
I'm in the same dielema! May just make better notes and condense them further.

Same. I may pick up something I didn't last year by doing this
Just sent off my UCAS application. It's the end of the beginning, I guess?
Original post by roarchika
Just sent off my UCAS application. It's the end of the beginning, I guess?

tell us how it goes, which unis did u pick btw

How come you gave gcse exams to do are they resit exams ?
I'm currently doing A2 and resit of maths - haven't had time for maths tho by the looks of it for you, you have so much todo but you can do it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yusufff
Same. I may pick up something I didn't last year by doing this

Same! :biggrin:
Reply 515
Original post by GeorgeB16

Same like this university thing is becoming a bit of a hobby. Think I need to seek help
Any advise on writing a personal statement for a science foundation year
(Want to pursue career in pharmacy afterwards )
Do I talk about both on why I want to apply for the foundation degree or my career aspirations?
Original post by goal101
Any advise on writing a personal statement for a science foundation year
(Want to pursue career in pharmacy afterwards )
Do I talk about both on why I want to apply for the foundation degree or my career aspirations?

I'm no expert but more about the foundation degree - career briefly, but remember they're reading your PS for that particular course, not the job to potentially come in a few years.
Original post by Yusufff
I'm no expert but more about the foundation degree - career briefly, but remember they're reading your PS for that particular course, not the job to potentially come in a few years.

Thankyou for your response!
so would I talk about the particular course and what inspired me and also my achievements and the usual things in an personal statement
Original post by goal101
Thankyou for your response!
so would I talk about the particular course and what inspired me and also my achievements and the usual things in an personal statement

Pretty much! If all the unis you're applying to have a same common unit, you could briefly say that this has inspired you because ...

Also make sure your opening is good - nothing cliche or boring :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest