The Student Room Group

Feeling pretty *****y about being unattractive, awkward and unable to hold a conversa

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r4dly
You gotta get out the house and do some exercise. People are not designed to sit in a room doing nothing all day if you create some happy chemicals it creates good feeling. Youre thought process will change and youll gain confidence naturally.

Watch as many videos as you like but if you dont actually do something yourself nothing will change.

Tried meditation? Great for self awareness despite what the sceptics say.

I dare you to join a gym, its £15 a month, run, row, lift some weights youll feel like the man.

You wont even care about the girl, dont live for anyone else. Im 31 and ive felt like that my whole life until 2 years ago, massive breakdown, completely dropped out of life. And you know what, all the **** and anxietys i had about myself then dont mean **** now. You guys gotta nip this in the bud now or it'll eat away at you until you until something snaps.

If you have the attitude you are ugly and unwanted thats exactly what you'll be. Sad but true.

Type Citysocializer on google to meet new people. I think it's a very interesting website for anyone of any age
Original post by Anonymous
I've been feeling miserable for years now, simply because of the above things. The one girl I've ever liked, and have liked for 5 years, won't even look at me now because I'm just really awkward and look really geeky. The one time I managed to talk to her I couldn't think of a single thing to say; I sat there for several minutes without saying a thing (which was obviously extremely awkward and I've not spoken to her since, as I said she won't even look at me now).

Many of us go through this stage, I did back in secondary school, but the point is to move on from this and open yourself up to new people and new opportunities. She ain't the only fish in the sea, and their will be one who will notice you. Don't waste anymore time being infatuated with someone who doesn't appreciate you.

This isn't just an "awkward around crush" type thing though, while I've been getting steadily more confident around most people, I tend to really struggle to think of anything to say, I've tried to take an interest in current issues etc. but I feel even worse if I just have a conversation which is me spouting stuff I heard on the news.

Time and exposure. Sounds like you have social anxiety, which I can relate to. Push yourself a little further each time. It's difficult, but it does get easier. Therapy can also do wonders.
Hey

I'm going to try and put this into words as best as I can, I really appreciate any+all help.

I've been feeling miserable for years now, simply because of the above things. The one girl I've ever liked, and have liked for 5 years, won't even look at me now because I'm just really awkward and look really geeky. The one time I managed to talk to her I couldn't think of a single thing to say; I sat there for several minutes without saying a thing (which was obviously extremely awkward and I've not spoken to her since, as I said she won't even look at me now).

This isn't just an "awkward around crush" type thing though, while I've been getting steadily more confident around most people, I tend to really struggle to think of anything to say, I've tried to take an interest in current issues etc. but I feel even worse if I just have a conversation which is me spouting stuff I heard on the news.

Any advice? This is starting to get really, really miserable for me...

Maybe try talking about things you're interested in or maybe something you both find interesting. Let the conversation flow. Easier said than done, I know but don't overthink things. I find that when i keep thinking about the next thing to say, I start feeling really awkward and then that makes me think the person is finding the conversation awkward and in turn not enjoying my company. But yeah just try leading off things the other person says. You'll find someone you click with, even if it isn't this girl:h:
You're really, really ugly. Your latest pp makes me so sick.

Thanks.

Lol, you're a ****ing pussy hiding behind anon. Don't talk **** if you cant own up to it.
Reply 25
from a girls point of view, in the end we really do not care about looks. yes.. appearance is what attracts us at first but if that guy ends up with an ugly personality, they immediately become unappealing to us. From just your message i can tell that you are a decent enough guy that just lacks confidence in yourself and that is totally fine. Confidence is not something that is easily achieved. We gradually build it up through socializing with others and learning to love yourself, but we can also knock it down with our somewhat negative thoughts of 'what others might think of me'. I guess that is why you are unable to interact with your crush as youve liked her for 5 years, you are building up this anxiety of how she might perceive you as her opinion of you obviously matters a whole lot! try using 'what if tomorrow is your last day'?
and plus girls actually like 'geeks'. they are so nice, knows how to treat girls, does not take them for granted. what is there not to like!?
this was probably not helpful at all

being an anon and judging someone just makes you a coward :colonhash:
feel pity for you actually... judging people by their looks is just.... dumbness :yep:
just try to think more wisely instead :h:
TD;LR - disappear please or stop judging :cute:

Spoiler

And you're a ****ing prick who has to hide behind a screen and insult a good person. Grow the **** up and get a life.
lmaoo u must be soo sexxy init, ****ing hideous bastard, I haven't seen you but judging by your post, inside, you are onee disgustingly ugly mother****er..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hamza772000
lmaoo u must be soo sexxy init, ****ing hideous bastard, I haven't seen you but judging by your post, inside, you are onee disgustingly ugly mother****er..

Silly question, but what does the pp mean?
Original post by IronicalMan

Profile pic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IronicalMan
Some already answered above but yh Profile Picture :smile:
Original post by TheUnknownDude

Ohhh, I feel so stupid now lmao.
Original post by TheUnknownDude
And you're a ****ing prick who has to hide behind a screen and insult a good person. Grow the **** up and get a life.

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Lol, you're a ****ing pussy hiding behind anon. Don't talk **** if you cant own up to it.

WOWWWWWWWWW :shock: you guys swear a lot :bawling: all of these response has at least swearing words :colonhash:
where as mine has none :proud:

Spoiler

Original post by fatima1998
WOWWWWWWWWW :shock: you guys swear a lot :bawling: all of these response has at least swearing words :colonhash:
where as mine has none :proud:

Spoiler

lol, it shows anger! lmao lol idk I just put it in there :tongue:
lol, it shows anger! lmao lol idk I just put it in there :tongue:

i swear boys cannot control their anger
my brother always swears at me :colonhash: dont even know why :emo:
i swear boys cannot control their anger
my brother always swears at me :colonhash: dont even know why :emo:
That's a lil' sexist :colonhash: :tongue:

Aww dw, you do a good job of self control :yep:
That's a lil' sexist :colonhash: :tongue:

Aww dw, you do a good job of self control :yep:

yep it is :lol:
i do have a good self-control but if he hits me then i'll defo hit him back because FGS his hands weigh 10kg not because he is fat, he is well skinny thats why he kept showing me his "six packs" and "muscles"which he haven't got :colonhash: he is just underweight
yep it is :lol:
i do have a good self-control but if he hits me then i'll defo hit him back because FGS his hands weigh 10kg not because he is fat, he is well skinny thats why he kept showing me his "six packs" and "muscles"which he haven't got :colonhash: he is just underweight
HAHAHA :rofl: OML I'm skinny I can relate lmaoo but my hands don't weigh 10 kg and I don't hit or swear at my sis lol :tongue:
HAHAHA :rofl: OML I'm skinny I can relate lmaoo but my hands don't weigh 10 kg and I don't hit or swear at my sis lol :tongue:

:lol: well i didn't weigh his hands but when he hits me, it seems like it his hands weigh sooooo much :bawling: and my hit is nothing compare to him :cry2:
you are a good lad :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending