The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by Jpharm
omg, that is so harsh :frown:
Go over hot topics like steroids, antibiotics, some common severe drug interactions to avoid, narrow therapeutic index drugs, things like that!

Good luck! X

I know it's so awful! But hopefully it will be alright, thank you your advice!
How's your application process going? I hope very well!
Original post by pharmagal95
Leeds, Lancaster and 2 in the south west :smile:

Which south west did you apply for and have you heard anything about the format of them?
Original post by jdsrlington
Which south west did you apply for and have you heard anything about the format of them?

Yeah, as far as i know they are panel interviewing on the 20th Sept. So ive got a panel interview with "south devon" and one with "bath and somerset" so its all the hospitals in that region doing interviews at the same panel... They cant be too long of interviews because mine are both on the same day like an hour apart :smile:
Has anyone heard back from UCL Partners after the interviews yet? They said they'd start letting people know of the outcome by the end of today.
Original post by MeredithGrey13
Does anyone know how long you can be on reserve list for?

Have GOSH not posted their interview dates on pharmalife? If they have then you'd expect a response before then. If not then it'll probably be within the next 2 weeks as that's when the interviews take place.*
I was reserve after interview and the wait is even longer and its in control of the person who holds the offer - I waited 2.5 weeks to hear back and it nearly killed me. At least you'll have a shorter wait than me. Just try not to get wound up about it, also it doesn't do you any good looking at this every minute of the day - trust me I know
Reply 705
Has anyone heard back from UCL??
Hi guy's,

New to the thread. Has anyone recieved an offer from thames valley?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twigleheight
Have GOSH not posted their interview dates on pharmalife? If they have then you'd expect a response before then. If not then it'll probably be within the next 2 weeks as that's when the interviews take place.*
I was reserve after interview and the wait is even longer and its in control of the person who holds the offer - I waited 2.5 weeks to hear back and it nearly killed me. At least you'll have a shorter wait than me. Just try not to get wound up about it, also it doesn't do you any good looking at this every minute of the day - trust me I know

No they haven't. Ok thanks
Original post by PharmPharm9
Hi guy's,

New to the thread. Has anyone recieved an offer from thames valley?

Sigh I was rejected. I was pretty confident after the interview. Probably doesn't help that I require tier 2 visa.
Original post by suitofgold
Sigh I was rejected. I was pretty confident after the interview. Probably doesn't help that I require tier 2 visa.

Surely that shouldn't factor into their decision?! It seems like everyone I know have been rejected 😕. I went in sooo clueless, but didn't think scenarios were undoable. Been put on reserve, although i doubt an offer will come my way 😐.

I don't think the tier 2 visa requirement is the cause so don't feel bad about that. At the open day, they stated that it is later on the trusts deal with visas and it is certainly not a decision making factor. I heard their interviews were very tedious. All the best with the rest of your application.*
Surely that shouldn't factor into their decision?! It seems like everyone I know have been rejected 😕. I went in sooo clueless, but didn't think scenarios were undoable. Been put on reserve, although i doubt an offer will come my way 😐.

I think the same. What was the interview like btw? Wouldn't you be able to get some feedback or a score from them?
Original post by Wingbbbbbb2
I think the same. What was the interview like btw? Wouldn't you be able to get some feedback or a score from them?

The style of questions were as expected, nothing way off from the general interview questions, but there was some unexpected ones.The mini-interviews were panel led, 3 stations covering 5 topics. A mix of clinical and practice. Looking back, the clinical was not too bad, standard things covered in uni (counselling and clinical screening). The practice stations were scenario based, but really odd ones. 😅On the pharmalife email, it said they are unable to give feedback 😕
The style of questions were as expected, nothing way off from the general interview questions, but there was some unexpected ones.The mini-interviews were panel led, 3 stations covering 5 topics. A mix of clinical and practice. Looking back, the clinical was not too bad, standard things covered in uni (counselling and clinical screening). The practice stations were scenario based, but really odd ones. 😅On the pharmalife email, it said they are unable to give feedback 😕

Thank you so much but woah how many people got into the interview stage? As I thought they recruit quite a lot, like 30? And when you say topics, do you mean like respiratory, cardiovascular etc.?
I'm so clueless haha going to have interviews next week
Reply 714
Yes that was it. I think it's confusing to know what answer was really expected from those ethical dilemmas. I got rejected too.

It's not really topics - you can't nail which ones to revise really. You have a drug chart to screen for example. You can't anticipate every possibility.

Check the Nadia Bukhari book someone mentioned earlier - you will get an idea at least of the question types. Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Don't be disheartened! One of my friends required a tier 2 visa as well, she did her pre reg in community when tier 5 still exist then went on to hospital band 6 with a tier 2 visa! xx
Original post by Kap0li
Yes that was it. I think it's confusing to know what answer was really expected from those ethical dilemmas. I got rejected too.

Ethical dilemmas?! 😨 Do you mind to give me an example of what they asked?
Anyone get an offer yet?
Anyone have an interview for the Birmingham/West midlands hospitals next week?
All I have is an a time and date and nothing about structure or length of interview😬
Original post by Wingbbbbbb2
Thank you so much but woah how many people got into the interview stage? As I thought they recruit quite a lot, like 30? And when you say topics, do you mean like respiratory, cardiovascular etc.?
I'm so clueless haha going to have interviews next week

There was quite a few people on the day of my interview and it was held over 2 days, so there must have interviewed a number of people. In their booklet, it said 89 people were offered an interview last year as a region for 28/29 spots, with roughly 290 applications. Should be the same number this year.

The clinical wasn't topic specfic per se, more like here is a drug, the BNF and the PIL, counsel a patient on it for 5mins. The drug chart was standard drugs, asking you can you identify any clinical issues?

Don't worry too much about it. Do you mind if i ask where you have your interview next week, have one too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending