The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Anybody apply to HSBC as a final year? Read on here that they dont allow final years to do summers. WIll it work if we just say we are planning on doing a masters?
Original post by JimbobJam
2 questions:

1.) is it possible to prep for 2nd round barclays online video interview thingamabob?

2.) citi screen before tests right? does this mean i am guaranteed next round if i pass tests?

2) They screen after tests too. There's no "Pass" mark. They use your scores alongside your application to decide whether you get to the next round.
Took the Barclays Insight 1 on Wednesday and still haven't heard back. Anyone else?
2 questions:

1.) is it possible to prep for 2nd round barclays online video interview thingamabob?

2.) citi screen before tests right? does this mean i am guaranteed next round if i pass tests?

1.) This is all you need:
Reply 2424
2 questions:

I'd be very interested to hear about point 1 too. Everyone here (like the guy above me) jokes about it, but no one has actually said what it's about.. Does it need preparation at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ay42
I'd be very interested to hear about point 1 too. Everyone here (like the guy above me) jokes about it, but no one has actually said what it's about.. Does it need preparation at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone here, no matter how helpful, is in competition, so telling you more about that anal **** will put them at a disadvantage :biggrin:
Original post by ay42

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because, they didn't have anyone telling them what was in it or what you need to prepare for it so why should you?

If you want that info, maybe ask a classmate or close friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if the Goldman hirevue interview is an algorithm or an actual member of staff assessing it?

Also has anyone received test for Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing?
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Does anyone know if the Goldman hirevue interview is an algorithm or an actual member of staff assessing it?

Have you received an interview invite for GS then?
Does DB usually send the test right after the application submission?
Reply 2430
Anyone taken the Lazard SJT? What provider? What's it like?
Original post by fred_morgan
Does DB usually send the test right after the application submission?

no, I got it after a couple of days. I think they do a first screening of the profiles

There is defo an algorthim as that is the whole point, there may also be a member of staff afterwards

It is just an algorithm I believe. I think I saw that on efinancial
Applying to RBC summer. I am in final year but doing a masters after, so should I put graduating in 2018 or 2017? I am worried I will get automatically rejected if I put 2017.
If you login to your Citi online application and go on your profile - under education does it only show university education?

I got an email from them yesterday saying I needed to update my secondary education but every time I click save it isn't updating my profile.
Citi AC folks.
Original post by A12R34
If you login to your Citi online application and go on your profile - under education does it only show university education?

I got an email from them yesterday saying I needed to update my secondary education but every time I click save it isn't updating my profile.

You need to click on edit profile. Scroll down and insert it where it says and then click save. After it won't appear on your home page but it has saved on the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A12R34

I also had to to do the same. Do you know if it's a good sign ?

I was notified yesterday that I passed BoAML SJT test.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2439
Original post by Princepieman
Because, they didn't have anyone telling them what was in it or what you need to prepare for it so why should you?

If you want that info, maybe ask a classmate or close friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough. Then why are you running around giving everyone advice on this thread? Aren't you in competition with them too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending