The Student Room Group

Every single person doing a levels read this now!!!!!

Okay so anyone doing a levels or has done them share what subject you did or your doing and how you revised for each subject as well as how you structured your revision. This thread is made to help me as well as everyone else who are doing A Levels.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maths- past papers and questions
FM- past papers and questions
Physics- past papers, LOTS of revision cards
Chemsitry- past papers, LOTS of revision cards

Just make sure to revise regularly and if you don't understand something you must consolidate it as much as you can.
Reply 2
Original post by niallbc
Maths- past papers and questions
FM- past papers and questions
Physics- past papers, LOTS of revision cards
Chemsitry- past papers, LOTS of revision cards

Just make sure to revise regularly and if you don't understand something you must consolidate it as much as you can.

I'm doing the new linear a levels in chemistry and biology, so how would you suggest to revise all the as content as well as the a2 stuff?
Reply 3
Yes, definitely it will be on the exams! I did AS Chemistry and how I did it was print out the specification and tick off when I've made relevant cards on it so I know I can answer everything they could have thrown at me. As for biology, get really good at answering the data questions as to not lose easier marks, from personal experience cards and maths are the ways to the sciences.
Mindmaps and flash cards for essay subjects
I thought you meant every person that was single, i.e. not in a relationship. :getmecoat::lol:

But….

I do French, Spanish AS, English Lit and Psychology.

I go over my notes and do LOADS of past papers… go to extra revision sessions too so my teachers can help me with things I don't get. :erm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Law, R.S and English lit

I haven't actually done any revision yet since we just started...
I am doing Physics, Maths, Further Maths and English Literature. :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by SUBJUGATOR
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Law, R.S and English lit

I haven't actually done any revision yet since we just started...

When did you start school?
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I am doing Physics, Maths, Further Maths and English Literature. :redface:

Spoiler

eyy, haven't seen anyone else with that subject combo, nice to see I'm not alone
Reply 10
Maths - STEP
Further Maths - STEP
Physics - Read the textbook and past papers
Biology reading the textbook making notes watching videos so i understood it
sociology didnt really revise much outside class just paid alot of attention in class and remembered alot of it ended up with an A* so would just say make sure you have organised notes and pay attention.
Psychology this one is where even if you did pay attention there is so many names etc its almost impossible not to revise outside class so i had model answers and memorized them and ended up with an A.
Biology- lots of past papers
Geography- past questions and flashcards
Geology- past papers and notes
Sociology- Practice essays often and write essay plans for every question you can get hold of

Psychology- Revision cards with friends, mind maps, past paper questions, again lots of essay plans

Biology- Practice as many past papers as you can, keep reading over the text book throughout the year, revision cards were the most helpful for this subject!

Maths- Past paper questions- from your exam board but also solomon and international papers! Start maths past papers as early as you can!

For all subjects: If you don't understand something try to read it from as many different sources as you can e.g. if you don't understand how your textbook explains it try a video or a revision guide.

If anyone is wondering I achieved AAAB in these subjects at AS by using these revision techniques. If you want top grades make sure you start your revision early!
10 days ago
This title is such a great way of getting ppl to read and answer a pretty common and average question on tsr :smile:

I'm doing bio chem physics and maths
Im doing Psychology, Scoiology, Biology and h&s and i have just started AS. i would appreciate any advice regarding my 3 writing and detailed subjects and also i wanted to know how to spend time revising equally for each subject.
Original post by Emilypickett
Sociology- Practice essays often and write essay plans for every question you can get hold of

Psychology- Revision cards with friends, mind maps, past paper questions, again lots of essay plans

Biology- Practice as many past papers as you can, keep reading over the text book throughout the year, revision cards were the most helpful for this subject!

Maths- Past paper questions- from your exam board but also solomon and international papers! Start maths past papers as early as you can!

For all subjects: If you don't understand something try to read it from as many different sources as you can e.g. if you don't understand how your textbook explains it try a video or a revision guide.

If anyone is wondering I achieved AAAB in these subjects at AS by using these revision techniques. If you want top grades make sure you start your revision early!

Well done on your amazing grades, and i started school on the 6th if i start revising from this Monday so the 19th do you think that is considered early in the year>
Original post by Uni12345678
This title is such a great way of getting ppl to read and answer a pretty common and average question on tsr :smile:

I'm doing bio chem physics and maths

A Levels?
Original post by Freshstart123
Well done on your amazing grades, and i started school on the 6th if i start revising from this Monday so the 19th do you think that is considered early in the year>

Thank you! Yes that's plenty of time- you don't need to do loads of work every day you just need to make sure you're maintaining what you've learnt so you're just brushing up on your weak areas come exam time. Good luck in your A-Levels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest