The Student Room Group

Student Nurse service payback army!!

I'm very interested in joining the army as a nurse and so have been looking at the student nurse role, however I can't seem to find any info on how long you have to serve after completing the degree? Does anyone know/is anyone doing at this moment in time? Cheers!!
Original post by Pepper5!
I'm very interested in joining the army as a nurse and so have been looking at the student nurse role, however I can't seem to find any info on how long you have to serve after completing the degree? Does anyone know/is anyone doing at this moment in time? Cheers!!

I believe it's a four year return of service, provided you don't do any further courses that require a return of service.
Reply 2
Original post by moonkatt
I believe it's a four year return of service, provided you don't do any further courses that require a return of service.
Ah wonderful! Thank you :smile:
Ah wonderful! Thank you :smile:

Have you started applying yet? Things like this should be covered in the application process.
Reply 4
Have you started applying yet? Things like this should be covered in the application process.
I'm at the very start of applying, I've submitted my medical records and basic information but that's as far as I've got. Are you in the army yourself?
I'm at the very start of applying, I've submitted my medical records and basic information but that's as far as I've got. Are you in the army yourself?

I'm a former soldier who happens to be a nurse now. I've friends who are nurses in the forces
Reply 6
I'm a former soldier who happens to be a nurse now. I've friends who are nurses in the forces

That's cool. Sadly I got rejected from the army on medical grounds so it doesn't really matter now :frown: I might try again in a couple of years...who knows.
That's cool. Sadly I got rejected from the army on medical grounds so it doesn't really matter now :frown: I might try again in a couple of years...who knows.

Are you still going to try for nursing without being in the army?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending