The Student Room Group

Can't stop stalking my ex

Help me someone I can't stop. We ended on such terms that we are no longer talking and he threatened to block my number so I wanted to get in there before him so I blocked his number then deleted it from my phone. However since we broke up I can't stop going through his Twitter (like looking through all his tweets since the day he made Twitter), going through his Facebook, his Instagram, his Spotify and listening to his playlists.
I'm even tempted to go to this yoga class place in his neighbourhood so I can maybe bump into him or something.
I know what I'm doing is wrong here and I'm being a complete creep but I can't stop, it's like I get a high off it and it's like the only link I have left of him which I am trying to cling on to. There's no way we're getting back together so I don't have that hope either and I basically acted really stupid in the relationship and am at fault for it ending

What do I do!!!????

Scroll to see replies

You are going to have to accept its over, but it will take a while for you to come to terms with it.

Best ways for quickets rcovery are to cut all contact, focus on yourself and keep busy. It gets better over time.

If you are going to stalk him then realise you are putting yourself at risk of him getting into contact with the police and that you have no chance of making it any better. You are also living in the past and just making yourself more miserable. Its a bit dull for you.

Just remember the good times, understand why you ended and find someone else who you get along better with. If you wnat to get better then you need to stop doing these things and move on. Keep busy , focus on you, find someone else. If you cnat stop doing these things after several months then you might want to go to your GP and get some therapy.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You are going to have to accept its over, but it will take a while for you to come to terms with it.

Best ways for quickets rcovery are to cut all contact, focus on yourself and keep busy. It gets better over time.

If you are going to stalk him then realise you are putting yourself at risk of him getting into contact with the police and that you have no chance of making it any better. You are also living in the past and just making yourself more miserable. Its a bit dull for you.

Just remember the good times, understand why you ended and find someone else who you get along better with. If you wnat to get better then you need to stop doing these things and move on. Keep busy , focus on you, find someone else. If you cnat stop doing these things after several months then you might want to go to your GP and get some therapy.

Could I still go to yoga near where he lives? It's not like hell know I'm there because of him... Hell maybe just think it's fate we bumped into eachother...?
Join the club, I stalk his social media but you're talking it too far. Don't go to that yoga place!
Original post by Anonymous
Could I still go to yoga near where he lives? It's not like hell know I'm there because of him... Hell maybe just think it's fate we bumped into eachother...?

You are going to yoga in he chance you will bump into an ex who doesnt wnat anything to do with you.

he doesnt wnat it and it doesnt help you move on.

If you were going to yoga for the yoga anyway then possibly, but tbh if you wnat to move on then find another yoga class as its feeding yopur delusion about getting back together. You are worth more than just being someones stalker. Accept its over , learn to like yourself and then find someone else who likes you and you like as well.

The stalking angle has nopthing but misery and unhappiness for you. It might not feel like it at the moment but there are other people out there who you cna have a relationship with and will be much better matched to. Its natural relationships end, but the quicker you deal with and accpet ist ended, then the quicker you can move on. Deluding yourself by stalking is not the way to go.
(edited 7 years ago)

You really can't do that. It doesn't matter if he knows why you're there. You do. You need to cut contact completely, even if the contact is just form your end. Distract yourself when you want to visit his profiles, talk to a friend or something. It's not fair on either of you. He's moving on, and you need to as well
(edited 7 years ago)
Nope nope nope.

I know it might be hard not to look but the best thing to do is to force yourself to just block all of his accounts, put everything on block/ignore/mute ETC everything.

If you know he's going to be somewhere, okay so don't disrupt life and plans to avoid it but, don't purposely go there to see him. He's your past now.
Original post by PandaCalavera
Nope nope nope.

I know it might be hard not to look but the best thing to do is to force yourself to just block all of his accounts, put everything on block/ignore/mute ETC everything.

If you know he's going to be somewhere, okay so don't disrupt life and plans to avoid it but, don't purposely go there to see him. He's your past now.

I can't rep you again. This makes me sad.
Best to surround yourself with friends, find hobbies and creative outlets and go to new places, get a new routine.
Reply 9
Original post by STARRS
Best to surround yourself with friends, find hobbies and creative outlets and go to new places, get a new routine.

I miss him so much I can't stop crying, even when I'm talking to friends and going to new places all I can think of is him :frown:
I miss him so much I can't stop crying, even when I'm talking to friends and going to new places all I can think of is him :frown:

get a rebound? :hugs: hope u feel better soon

If you wnat to miss him less, Then you need to move on. Trying to maintain some form of contact will continue to make it sad for yourself. Crying isnt all bad, but you should stop the stalking for the reasons I already pointed out.

People have broen up before. It sucks, but people get over it.
Original post by PrinceHarrys
get a rebound? :hugs: hope u feel better soon

Thank you so much, I know what I'm like though I'll go out clubbing and pull a random guy and at the time it'll feel like I'm over him but the next day I just feel even emptier :frown: I just feel so hollow, I know it takes time to get over him but I just want it to happen now, the only thing that temporarily makes me feel less hollow is the stalking :frown:
Original post by 999tigger
If you wnat to miss him less, Then you need to move on. Trying to maintain some form of contact will continue to make it sad for yourself. Crying isnt all bad, but you should stop the stalking for the reasons I already pointed out.

People have broen up before. It sucks, but people get over it.

Yes you're right, thank you very much for your advice
You're not greatly dissimilar to how I was last month. Go full no contact for approx 3 weeks, unfollow on fb, snapchat, Instagram the lot. Your vision will clear and that's the only way out. Breakups should make you love yourself more, they always try coming back when they see you're stronger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much, I know what I'm like though I'll go out clubbing and pull a random guy and at the time it'll feel like I'm over him but the next day I just feel even emptier :frown: I just feel so hollow, I know it takes time to get over him but I just want it to happen now, the only thing that temporarily makes me feel less hollow is the stalking :frown:

wrte him a letter then burn it :innocent:
I've now started stalking any girls that have liked his Instagram pics :frown:
I've now started stalking any girls that have liked his Instagram pics :frown:

this is painful to read.. :console:

do u have any friends to talk 2 right now? take up a new hobby? or hang out on tsr lol Im doin that
As tempting as it is, it's never the answer. If you saw him at the yoga place, feelings will arise again and the whole dynamic changes. I get that you're still not over him but as cruel as it sounds, the only way to move on is to get rid of all trace of him and cut contact. Once that happens you'll slowly forget all about him and be able to move on with your life and find someone else.
Original post by PrinceHarrys
this is painful to read.. :console:

do u have any friends to talk 2 right now? take up a new hobby? or hang out on tsr lol

I have quite a few girl friends but most of them I'm not close enough to open up to to this depth. I've talked to two of my closest friends about this but I don't want to burden them anymore & tell me about the extent of what I'm doing as they'll probably think I'm crazy or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending