The Student Room Group

should i tell my best friend about a guy liking her?

Dead thread
(edited 6 years ago)
Ask her if she likes him. If she says no, then don't tell her. Theres no point breaking your trust with him and potentially making their friendship awkward when she has no feelings towards him back. The whole 'ask her not to tell' rarely works, especially if she has no loyalties to him.

If she does like him, maybe there would be more reason to tell her. If the male friend ever found out, you could tell him that she likes him back and thats why you told her it was mutual. You might even be doing him a favour
(edited 7 years ago)
I think it's best not to tell your friend. If you do she might start acting awkward around him and might ruin what they have.

His feelings should only be confessed to her by him only. He might find it a sensitive topic. If you really want to tell your friend ask him, how he feels about telling your friend how he feels about her.

Don't ruin the friendship you already have with him, however if he personally told you he is fine with you telling her, go ahead.

Also do you know if she likes him by any chance ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Natashadesigner
Ask her if she likes him. If she says no, then don't tell her. Theres no point breaking your trust with him and potentially making their friendship awkward when she has no feelings towards him back. The whole 'ask her not to tell' rarely works, especially if she has no loyalties to him.

If she does like him, maybe there would be more reason to tell her. If the male friend ever found out, you could tell him that she likes him back and thats why you told her it was mutual. You might even be doing him a favour

Original post by ❃ Stardust ❃
I think it's best not to tell your friend. If you do she might start acting awkward around him and might ruin what they have.

His feelings should only be confessed to her by him only. He might find it a sensitive topic. If you really want to tell your friend ask him, how he feels about telling your friend how he feels about her.

Don't ruin the friendship you already have with him, however if he personally told you he is fine with you telling her, go ahead.

Also do you know he she likes him by any chance ?

ok, so my plan now is to try and find out if she likes him back (without telling her he likes her).

we only really talk about this kind of stuff if we're drunk/at a sleepover, so it'll be difficult but i can try and slip it into a conversation when we're alone together sometime soon.

then i can gently suggest whatever she said to him, because he was asking me if shes said anything about him. thanks for the advice guys!!
Ask her if she likes him. If she says no, then don't tell her.

Was gonna say this really. If they both like each other then you can be the one to hook them up, if she doesn't share the same feelings however then don't mention anything to her. Maybe then you can also say to him "I didn't tell her anything, but I did ask her in general convo if she likes you and she said she didn't" so he doesn't get his hopes up.
Original post by madookl
ok, so my plan now is to try and find out if she likes him back (without telling her he likes her).

we only really talk about this kind of stuff if we're drunk/at a sleepover, so it'll be difficult but i can try and slip it into a conversation when we're alone together sometime soon.

then i can gently suggest whatever she said to him, because he was asking me if shes said anything about him. thanks for the advice guys!!

Good idea - If the the answer is yes, perhaps you should go to him first (before you tell her he likes her back) and see what he wants to do about it. Maybe he wants to make the first move himself, or he'd like you to hook them up (as someone else has said).

However, if she says "don't tell him that i like him!!" then you are in an even stickier situation! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Good idea - If the the answer is yes, perhaps you should go to him first (before you tell her he likes her back) and see what he wants to do about it. Maybe he wants to make the first move himself, or he'd like you to hook them up (as someone else has said).

However, if she says "don't tell him that i like him!!" then you are in an even stickier situation! :biggrin:

ahhh if only. apparently there's some flanter (flirty banter) going on, so who knows

im not sure how to bring him up and ask if she likes him? we dont talk one on one loads (we're normally in a group/group chat) but when we do we just make stupid jokes. an organic way of doing it could be telling her about the guy i fancy? that's probably a good way of doing it.
Original post by madookl
ahhh if only. apparently there's some flanter (flirty banter) going on, so who knows

im not sure how to bring him up and ask if she likes him? we dont talk one on one loads (we're normally in a group/group chat) but when we do we just make stupid jokes. an organic way of doing it could be telling her about the guy i fancy? that's probably a good way of doing it.

Yeah thats a good idea, bring up your own love life and then ask her :smile: Try and make it as natural as possible as you say
ngl i tell my best friend everything and i would tell her this too. But I understand why you may not want to tell her and break your guy friend's trust. So tell her if you know she likes him too. If she does they'll probably be thankful for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending