The Student Room Group

Sweating too much

HELLO EVERYONE
First off i would want to say thank you to the members of this group, especially Miss Banana @Banana00, for creating this group, as i feel as women and girls we can be very self-conscious.

THE PROBLEM
Ever since i hit puberty i have been sweating an AWFUL lol and every time i sit next to a boy, or just a person in general they say it sells pongy! :dong::dong:. Other than roll-on (allergic skin reaction) and perfume (dosent help me at all!) how can i make the sweating smell less, or reduce the sweating altogether

THANK YOU!!!
@Talkand...Talk

Scroll to see replies

Fresh sweat doesn't smell.
Understand the difference between antiperspirant and deodorant.
And if you really have to, botox treatments to hands, feet, underarms can inhibit excessive sweating.
(edited 7 years ago)
A few things:

change your diet
drink more water
are you exercising? if not try exercising, i'm not calling you fat but i used to sweat persistently too but it stopped when i started sweating it out during exercise for some reason

a little hack is try moisturising yourself with coconut lotion/oil after a shower or before you get changed. that usually helps with the smell
If you want, you can private message me and we can talk about this? I'm 19 years old and i've this medical condition since forever but its under control now thanks to medication ^_^Good luck !
get a roll on with alluminium chloride hexahydrate. it works perfectly to stop sweating

i bought the "Anhydrol Forte" roll on which works perfectly but did sting in the beginning.
i've also used driclor which is a pretty good purchase without the stinging

edit: if you can't use roll ons then you dun goofed
(edited 7 years ago)
drink A LOT of water, also if you're inactive you're more likely to sweat by running for a short time (eg class to class) or walking long distances, change your diet into a healthy one as well
There's a TSR Ladies' Club - I think that @Talkand...Talk may have thought that this thread would only be seen by members of that group.

@Talkand...Talk
Please don't feel embarrassed by this; it happens to everyone at some point!
Banana :h::h:
Original post by Banana00
@ihatePE
There's a TSR Ladies' Club - I think that @Talkand...Talk may have thought that this thread would only be seen by members of that group.

@Talkand...Talk
Please don't feel embarrassed by this; it happens to everyone at some point!

Yes i thought only members saw this thread :frown: silly me and thank you very much. As soon as i saw ur name on the group i clicked "follow group" almost immediately lol :biggrin:
Original post by Talkand...Talk
Yes i thought only members saw this thread :frown: silly me and thank you very much. As soon as i saw ur name on the group i clicked "follow group" almost immediately lol :biggrin:

:biggrin: That's okay - I didn't realise either.

Inject some Botox into your armpit
My hands, pits and feet sweat for no reason horribly all the time

i recommend using driclor

It's pretty decent, it will sting at first but honestly if this doesn't work then you're gonna need surgery. While it's not completely fixed the problem it has helped a lot, like in normal situations I won't sweat or atleast i wont sweat anywhere near i usually would.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
My hands, pits and feet sweat for no reason horribly all the time

i recommend using driclor

It's pretty decent, it will sting at first but honestly if this doesn't work then you're gonna need surgery. While it's not completely fixed the problem it has helped a lot, like in normal situations I won't sweat or atleast i wont sweat anywhere near i usually would.

Most helpful person on this damn thread :smile:. Mums just ordered it :biggrin: thxs
Original post by yungaheartz
A few things:
a little hack is try moisturising yourself with coconut lotion/oil after a shower or before you get changed. that usually helps with the smell

coconut oil helps with th smell? Never heard of it but thanks for sharing!
Original post by MarianEstes
coconut oil helps with th smell? Never heard of it but thanks for sharing!

yep little hack that I discovered. anything coconut related works - oil, moisturiser, soaps. must be something in it
yep little hack that I discovered. anything coconut related works - oil, moisturiser, soaps. must be something in it

And does it make you smell like coconut?
Original post by Anonymous
And does it make you smell like coconut?

Yes
Yes

I don't like the smell of coconut.

What is it in diet that causes you to sweat more?
the most occurs when
Original post by Anonymous
I don't like the smell of coconut.

What is it in diet that causes you to sweat more?

I was consuming more carbs than protein
loved eating bread, pasta and rice and not just a small amount. I'd have huge plates
diets are supposed to be more protein than carb but I was doing the opposite

also used to eat spicy food a lot (not sure if that contributed to the sweating) but when I started eating more clean and healthy and had less wheat and more protein and salads and fruit and yogurt it really helped.
I was consuming more carbs than protein
loved eating bread, pasta and rice and not just a small amount. I'd have huge plates
diets are supposed to be more protein than carb but I was doing the opposite

also used to eat spicy food a lot (not sure if that contributed to the sweating) but when I started eating more clean and healthy and had less wheat and more protein and salads and fruit and yogurt it really helped.

Sounds like me. I basically live off carbs. But I cant do much to change diet as my mum would flip if I tried saying I woudnt eat her cooking :lol:

I think it might be the clothes that I wear though :'/ as I tend to sweat in the morning...

Quick Reply

Latest