The Student Room Group

AJ's Autumn 2016 Anime Preview Thread

This may be the longest preview thread I've ever made, at 46 titles. It certainly felt like the longest. Thankfully, most of the series on offer were good-looking enough to keep me awake and entertained. Here's what you can expect from the coming season:

(These series are all due to air in the first few weeks of October. If you're looking for something to watch between now and then, maybe check last season's preview thread, or ask in TSR's Anime Society for some ideas!)

~~~~~

2 12-Sai. Chiccha na Mune no Tokimeki

3-gatsu no Lion

2 Ajin

All Out!!

Bloodivores

Brave Witches

Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin

2 Bungou Stray Dogs

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Next

ClassicaLoid

Digimon Universe: App Monsters

Drifters

Flip Flappers

Fune wo Amu

Girlish Number

Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen

Heybot!

2 Hibike! Euphonium

Idol Memories

4 Kaitou Joker

Keijo!!!!!!!!

2 Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Long Riders!

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lostorage incited WIXOSS

1951 Luger Code

Magic-kyun! Renaissance

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

Monster Hunter Stories: RIDE ON

Nanbaka

Natsume Yuujinchou Go

Occultic;Nine

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume

Show By Rock!! #

Shuumatsu no Izetta

Soushin Shoujo Matoi

Stella no Mahou

Tiger Mask W

24 Time Bokan

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru

Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo Shounen Tanteidan yori

Udon no Kuni Kiniro Kemari

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star

ViVid Strike!

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda

WWW.WORKING!!

Yuri!!! on Ice

~~~~~

All the info has been sourced from Anichart, AniDB, ANN, Youtube and MAL. First impressions and opinions are not influenced by the number of exclamation marks in the series titles. Most of the time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Picked up:

Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2

Show By Rock!! #

Nanbaka

Bungou Stray Dogs 2

Bloodivores

Hibike! Euphonium 2

Flip Flappers

Drifters

Lostorage incited WIXOSS

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru

Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou

ClassicaLoid

3-gatsu no Lion

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari

Shuumatsu no Izetta

Yuri!!! on Ice

Dropped:

Heybot!

Time Bokan 24

WWW[noparse].[/noparse]WORKING!!

ViVid Strike!

Monster Hunter Stories: RIDE ON

Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori

Brave Witches

Magic-kyun! Renaissance

Soushin Shoujo Matoi

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda

Tiger Mask W

Girlish Number

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume

Long Riders!

Stella no Mahou

Occultic;Nine

All Out!!
(edited 7 years ago)
PV added for Occultic;Nine.
:tumble:

Trailer for Bungou Stray Dogs 2 added.
:bump:

Trailer added for 12-Sai. Chiccha na Mune no Tokimeki.
Director added for Bloodivores and Kaitou Joker 4. :titan:
Japan's Charapedia poll lists Haikyuu!! as the season's most anticipated series, followed by Natsume Yuujinchou, Hibike! Euphonium, Bungou Stray Dogs and UtaPri. 3-gatsu no Lion places highest overall out of the non-sequels, at 6th.
Reply 8
Ooooh a new season of Ajin. I really enjoyed the last one. Though I might hold out till the whole season is out. I am so bad at keeping up to date with new releases.
Original post by JWH
Ooooh a new season of Ajin. I really enjoyed the last one. Though I might hold out till the whole season is out. I am so bad at keeping up to date with new releases.

I'm the opposite, I can't wait until the series is finished. :giggle:
Anime overload :headfire: I'm watching too many anime right now lol I'm finding hard to keep up. I haven't even watched most of the summer anime that came out :sigh:

AJ how do mange your time to watch all these anime? :curious:
Original post by mr T 999
Anime overload :headfire: I'm watching too many anime right now lol I'm finding hard to keep up. I haven't even watched most of the summer anime that came out :sigh:

AJ how do mange your time to watch all these anime? :curious:

I only work 3-4 days a week, and there's always evenings on top of that. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I only work 3-4 days a week, and there's always evenings on top of that. :yes:

So how many episodes do you watch in day and a week?
Original post by mr T 999
So how many episodes do you watch in day and a week?

It varies hugely, but I'd say 6 on average a day, and roughly 40 a week at the moment. I'm playing catchup after several busy days earlier in the year put me behind target.
AngryJellyfish
(Heybot!) airs in less than a week - unlikely we'll see it translated, though. :giggle:

I stand corrected - Crunchyroll have picked up Heybot, and the first episode will be released imminently. :zomg: I'm surprised, I thought the gags wouldn't translate well.
Reply 15
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm the opposite, I can't wait until the series is finished. :giggle:

I do have that temptation :P. But I find it easier to marathon things than keep up to date on them weekly. Re: Zero is the first anime I have watched weekly in probably like 5 years.
Heybot!

Autumn gets off to an early and crazy start with Heybot!, a kids gag anime which draws on farts and nosehairs and 'screwing' (among other things) as its sources of humour. A little crude. :p: Also, Crunchyroll have made the odd decision of translating all the jokes and plays on words literally, instead of localizing them or providing translation notes, so most won't make sense unless you have a basic knowledge of Japanese - our main character Nejiru's obsession with screws being one obvious example. Not sure who their target audience is supposed to be for this. :dontknow: Still, I like its hyper, energetic feel, the character designs are fun, and the music is catchy too. I won't be keeping it on, but I'm sure there will be far worse to come this season.
As usual I watch the season after it's aired to make sure i'm not watching any garbage. This season has no must watches for me and is purely wildcards:

Drifters
Keijo!!!!!!!! - A bunch of friends seem to be watching this semi-seriously. I may entertain the idea and watch the first episode... maybe.
Nanbaka - If this turns out to be like Prison School in anyway then i'm in. If not then forget it :tongue:
Shuumatsu no Izetta
(edited 7 years ago)
Updated the trailer for Shuumatsu no Izetta with the officially English translated one, courtesy of Crunchyroll, who will be streaming the series.
In :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest