The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Us Hausas are good at hiding, what GCSEs are you doing?

Im doing Maths, Additional Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Lit, English Lang, RS, Spanish, French and DT. DT is not reformed though, so we are still getting A*-F in that. My strongest subjects are Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Languages, and i want to do some type of tech/engineering when i'm older. What about you? Do you live in London?
Original post by MrIso
Im doing Maths, Additional Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Lit, English Lang, RS, Spanish, French and DT. DT is not reformed though, so we are still getting A*-F in that. My strongest subjects are Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Languages, and i want to do some type of tech/engineering when i'm older. What about you? Do you live in London?

I live in a place called Oxford, you may have heard of it 😝. I'm sitting 4 GCSEs unreformed this year, French, re, geography and history. Next year I'm doing triple science, maths, further maths, computer science, English lit and lang. I aspire to be a barrister
Reply 122
I live in a place called Oxford, you may have heard of it 😝. I'm sitting 4 GCSEs unreformed this year, French, re, geography and history. Next year I'm doing triple science, maths, further maths, computer science, English lit and lang. I aspire to be a barrister
I don't know, I might have heard it sometime? 😉😝
Oh that's cool, I guess you're good at essay based subjects? I can do them, but I hate them and they make my hand hurt. It might just be because my teachers in English and History hate me as well,but it's OK. Do you have to pick a type of barrister that you want to be? Is Oxford really posh?
Original post by MrIso
You live so close to me :eek::eek:. Also, I could have gone to Beth's school in Bexley and moved to bexley, then we would have been in the same borough!! I dont see many people in South London here except for Croydon.

Aww so your in year 10 and what subjects you doing
Reply 124
Original post by mayu123
Aww so your in year 10 and what subjects you doing

yh im going to yr 10
My GCSE subjects are (we started in yr9)

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies
Maths

Year 11 exams
Additional Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
English Literature
English Language
DT

What about you?
Original post by MrIso
yh im going to yr 10
My GCSE subjects are (we started in yr9)

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies
Maths

Year 11 exams
Additional Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
English Literature
English Language
DT

What about you?

Maths
Triple science (are you doing it )
English literature (what book you doing) ?
English Language
Geography
French
Business Studies (doing unit 2 year 10 :tongue:) (SO easy but So much Coursework xD)

I also did some useful links on my thread xD xD:tongue:
Original post by MrIso
I don't know, I might have heard it sometime? 😉😝
Oh that's cool, I guess you're good at essay based subjects? I can do them, but I hate them and they make my hand hurt. It might just be because my teachers in English and History hate me as well,but it's OK. Do you have to pick a type of barrister that you want to be? Is Oxford really posh?

I would rather write an essay than solve a maths problem. Barristers usually work in the crown court so its just criminal law. Oxford isn't a fancy as everyone makes out, once you leave town there's nothing
Hey! I'm Lettie and I've just joined year 10. I love going on forums and shopping haha but I do really enjoy school and learning.

I'm taking:
German - predicted 9
Geography -7
Maths -7
English -7
Business -7
Sciences-7
Art-7

I actually really like the 1-9 system!

My favourite subjects are business, science, maths and art

Dream career would be marketing manager or lawyer.

I'm super excited for year 10 because I love exams and since they're really close I'm really excited xD
Original post by lettielo
Hey! I'm Lettie and I've just joined year 10. I love going on forums and shopping haha but I do really enjoy school and learning.

I'm taking:
German - predicted 9
Geography -7
Maths -7
English -7
Business -7
Sciences-7
Art-7

I actually really like the 1-9 system!

My favourite subjects are business, science, maths and art

Dream career would be marketing manager or lawyer.

I'm super excited for year 10 because I love exams and since they're really close I'm really excited xD

You're probably the first person I've met who enjoys the new system and exams
You're probably the first person I've met who enjoys the new system and exams

haha yeah well I know it's not very popular at the moment with teachers and students but I think its a nice change.
Original post by lettielo
haha yeah well I know it's not very popular at the moment with teachers and students but I think its a nice change.

I feel like I should use this as proof that not every single gcse student cynical and cold :biggrin:
I don't like the number grades system because it's not consistent throughout each subject. Only English, Mathematics and Science has the number grades system, whereas every other subject does not. I like the fact that all the exams are at the end of year 11 but I dislike that they have removed a lot of coursework.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by s4b3rt00th
I don't like the number grades system because it's not consistent throughout each subject. Only English, Mathematics and Science has the number grades system, whereas every other subject does not. I like the fact that all the exams are at the end of year 11 but I dislike that they have removed a lot of coursework.

What makes it even worse is that when we do a level it's in letters again 🙄
What makes it even worse is that when we do a level it's in letters again 🙄

ffs.

what was even the point?
Original post by s4b3rt00th
ffs.

what was even the point?

Fave gif 👏🏾
Reply 135
Original post by mayu123
Maths
Triple science (are you doing it )
English literature (what book you doing) ?
English Language
Geography
French
Business Studies (doing unit 2 year 10 :tongue:) (SO easy but So much Coursework xD)

I also did some useful links on my thread xD xD:tongue:

Yeah i'm doing triple science, and for English Lit im doing An Inspector Calls and Journeys End. (Inspector Calls is going to be super easy because my sister did it and she got an A* xD). I'll make sure to check your thread out:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
No, if you're in year 10, apparently all subjects will be graded form 9-1, except for Business Studies I think.
And how are some people allowed to take their GCSES this year? I'm only allowed Polish, because it's my native language. All our other exams are linear and taken at the end of Yr 11.
Original post by MartynaJP6
And how are some people allowed to take their GCSES this year? I'm only allowed Polish, because it's my native language. All our other exams are linear and taken at the end of Yr 11.

My school does GCSEs from year 9
Really? Actual exams? We started a few courses in Year 9 but all exams are in Year 11.

Latest