The Student Room Group

PS4...PRO!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NotNotBatman
So, say you're playing multiplayer, the person with the PS4 pro can get an advantage over the person with an old ps4 because of better resolutions and higher frame rates.

No more than on PC? Russians playing in internet cafes on sub 720p resolution still do really well in games like CSGO and DotA 2, so I'm not sure what you're expecting here.

Also, competitive gaming and consoles. LOL.
[QUOTE=Another;67511396]Sony confirmed that all players will be locked at 30fps dring multiplayer, so Pro players won't have an advantage. Prettier resolutions might still be there for the expensive console, but it won't give a competitive advantage

Tell me how to run Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, and I might consider it :frown:

Haha What? Source? Then what's the point of an upgraded console if you can't get over 30fps with all those 'powerful components'? That's just beyond stupid.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Haha What? Source? Then what's the point of an upgraded console if you can't get over 30fps with all those 'powerful components'? That's just beyond stupid.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/08/ps4-multiplayer-games-ps4-pro-will-have-the-same-frame-rate-says-naughty-dog/

Welp. Looks like Uncharted 4 multiplayer will be 60fps for everyone, but games will cater to the fps of the base model and lock players in on that.
When asked if pro players would have an advantage over base models in multiplayer, Sony said "generally no"

I suppose they assume that everyone who seriously cares about 60 or higher fps during multiplayer, doesn't play console. Single player still gets all the upgrades though
Original post by Fango_Jett
No more than on PC? Russians playing in internet cafes on sub 720p resolution still do really well in games like CSGO and DotA 2, so I'm not sure what you're expecting here.

Also, competitive gaming and consoles. LOL.

I mentioned PC, I'm talking more about people getting salty; hate messages are already a common thing in dark souls. I certainly got a little better at TF2 when I upgraded my PC, but as I said I don't play multiplayer much, so don't have as much knowledge as some others, but it doesn't even matter because I think they'll balance it out. I didn't even mention competitive gaming.
Original post by Another
Sony confirmed that all players will be locked at 30fps dring multiplayer, so Pro players won't have an advantage. Prettier resolutions might still be there for the expensive console, but it won't give a competitive advantage

Tell me how to run Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, and I might consider it :frown:

How high the returns are on a higher resolution is debatable, but as long as you're at a close enough distance where an increase in resolution is actually noticeable (I.e. for the average person less than 300ppi at one foot) there is some advantage that could be had

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't get one even the new pro model has performance comparable to only an rx 470
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/we-built-a-pc-using-ps4-pro-specs-how-does-it-perf/1100-6443491/

Gamespot built a PC with specs that they believe should match that of PS4 Pro. It's worth noting that the costs of their PC was $630.91 (about £485) whereas the PS4 Pro is confirmed to cost £349.99.
As someone who plays both on PC & PS4, there's no doubt whatsoever that the PC is always going to be the clear winner at high end gaming but the relatively low price point does & should make the PS4 Pro an option for those on a budget.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
I must seek urgent cover from the battle that is waging across this thread
Dag nammit, I wanted to created a forum of discussion for people to talk about ps4, NOT Master Race hijacking

I was gonna suggest we need an allied forces of xboxers, nintendians and playstationites against the master race but based on microsoft's windows 10 manifesto, the xboxers may be turning heel in a year or 2.

eitherway, Im neutral, like switzerland and am not fussed by either sides of the coin (although tbf, id ratherget a console + a tablet vs a custom pc as a) waay cheaper and b) more games I like are console based (yes I know a lot look better on pc but I cant be asked upgrading my computer / ram / graphics card every (other) year. it ends up working the same as getting a new console every year. ideally, id say build a custom pc with 2-4 titan X cards, 64gb ddr4 ram, 10 core i7 / top end xeon processor, 1-4 tb ssd storage, blu-ray drive and your sorted. slight problem is that you can get a new (albeit cheap) car for that money.

In fact id probably not get a tablet, id get a 4k screen / monitor, a console and continuum / fuscia enabled smartphone.
(edited 7 years ago)
The PS4 Pro combined with Playstation VR could certainly be interesting. How well the VR will work is unclear seeing as both the Oculus Rift & HTC Vive are of a higher spec but I personally would love to try it. It looks like you can get both of the console & VR headset for less than £700 which compared to the specs you need to run something like the Rift or Vive really is a bargain.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tempest II
The PS4 Pro combined with Playstation VR could certainly be interesting. How well the VR will work is unclear seeing as not both the Oculus Rift & HTC Vive are higher spec but I personally would love to try it. It looks like you can get both of the console & VR headset for less than £700 which compared to the specs you need to run something like the Rift or Vive really is a bargain.

vr seems interesting, however im more for AR. slight problem is glass and hololens arent exactly cheap (and in the latter case, it isnt exactly compact either)

Quick Reply

Latest