The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Loving the variety in teams but got so many headaches now especially in regards to getting Aguero back or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
41 points from Lukaku in two weeks, not a bad stand in for Aguero :lol: Really pains me to take him out but it has to be done. City are scoring for fun at the moment, Aguero limits the rest of your team but you'd be mad not to bring him back.

53 points with Valencia, Benteke & Ibrahimovic to play tomorrow
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sephiroth
My wildcard draft has Aguero out and Sterling out with KDB in. Sterling wasn't performing so was going to switch to KDB. Now I'm not sure any more. Not having Aguero is fun as it gives me a better overall team. Lukaku, Costa and Ibrahamovic up front.

Been looking into whether going without Kun is a viable option. Keep arriving at the same conclusion, that going without Ibra is a far safer differential, and still gives you £3-4m extra to play with. I'll maybe thing again if Ibra hits 2 or 3 tomorrow, maybe.

Do you really want to be on the sore end of that 48 point week that's in the post
Original post by Mister Dead
Been looking into whether going without Kun is a viable option. Keep arriving at the same conclusion, that going without Ibra is a far safer differential, and still gives you £3-4m extra to play with. I'll maybe thing again if Ibra hits 2 or 3 tomorrow, maybe.

Do you really want to be on the sore end of that 48 point week that's in the post

I thought about this but Zlatan has 63% ownership and is fixture proof. As soon as he has an easy fixture (e.g Stoke at home in a couple of weeks) everyone is going to captain him. If he even scores 1 goal in that game it's going to have a huge impact. Just for comparison, the next highest owned outfield player is Hazard with 33% and that'll drop considerably this week as everyone on FFS is wildcarding him out.

Not worth the risk for me. Especially when Costa gets booked every game and we all know how inconsistent Lukaku is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90
I thought about this but Zlatan has 63% ownership and is fixture proof. As soon as he has an easy fixture (e.g Stoke at home in a couple of weeks) everyone is going to captain him. If he even scores 1 goal in that game it's going to have a huge impact. Just for comparison, the next highest owned outfield player is Hazard with 33% and that'll drop considerably this week as everyone on FFS is wildcarding him out.

Not worth the risk for me. Especially when Costa gets booked every game and we all know how inconsistent Lukaku is.

Anyone who owns Aguero will surely captain Aguero week in, week out. I don't think there's an Ibra/Aguero fixture pair that would sway me.

And Lukaku looks a slightly different prospect under Koeman. I saw him smile earlier
(edited 7 years ago)
Ibra costa lukaku potential... seriously who do I take out for aguero. 🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who owns Aguero will surely captain Aguero week in, week out. I don't think there's an Ibra/Aguero fixture pair that would sway me.

And Lukaku looks a slightly different prospect under Koeman. I saw him smile earlier

They rotate very well i'd say, at least for the next 5 games

Swansea (A) - Aguero
Stoke (H) - Zlatan
Everton (H) - Aguero
Southampton (H) - Aguero
Burnley (H) - Zlatan
Original post by sr90
They rotate very well i'd say, at least for the next 5 games

Swansea (A) - Aguero
Stoke (H) - Zlatan
Everton (H) - Aguero
Southampton (H) - Aguero
Burnley (H) - Zlatan

I'm done already. I'll be (C) Aguero every week. I don't have any problem with the fixtures that Aguero has the way that team are playing at the moment. Form over fixtures and all that. Besides, Lukaku has CPL and WHU in those weeks, so there's a totally adequate back up. *

This week:

Cazorla ---> Chadli
Ibra -----> Aguero

My teams a sea of yellows, but it's all just knocks

Looks like my first 11 next week will be

Foster (Jak)
Valencia, Baines, Walker (Amat, Collins)
KdB, Hazard, Chadli, Snodgrass (Capoue)
Aguero, Lukaku, Benteke

I'm not ready to sack Hazard off yet. Should be able to do Walker to McCauley and Hazard to Sanchez, next week, so long as Sanchez only rises by .1 this week. And I still don't trust Sterling. KdB is the man with all the dead ball duties and that'll make itself known soon enough.
(edited 7 years ago)
Will Lukaku keep that goal and assist? I look a bit poor on points if he doesn't..

39 with 2 to play.

When are people going to use their wildcards?
Original post by Zerforax
Will Lukaku keep that goal and assist? I look a bit poor on points if he doesn't..

39 with 2 to play.

When are people going to use their wildcards?

Think most people have already played theirs :lol:

They won't take the points off him now, so you're safe.
Original post by sr90
Think most people have already played theirs :lol:

They won't take the points off him now, so you're safe.

My team isn't terrible just defence needs changing.. Stones has been a terrible option since Man City seem to dominate + score loads of goals but always concede one :rolleyes:

Sweet! Forgot Lukaku was getting bonus points too. Now up to 47 with 3 to play :biggrin:
I guess most have Ibrahimovic to play today so need him to do badly.
Original post by Zerforax
My team isn't terrible just defence needs changing.. Stones has been a terrible option since Man City seem to dominate + score loads of goals but always concede one :rolleyes:

Sweet! Forgot Lukaku was getting bonus points too. Now up to 47 with 3 to play :biggrin:
I guess most have Ibrahimovic to play today so need him to do badly.

I've still not pulled the trigger, but I will WC tonight.

I've thought about taking Ibra out instead of Aguero but there's still a 2.2mil price difference to make up by either downgrading KDB to fodder or downgrading two quality defenders to poor ones. If Ibra blanks today I may do it.

Actually I can do it if I just switch KDB back to Sterling. So it's a choice between Ibra and KDB or Aguero and Sterling. Both are decent options.

I can't really wait all week to decide on that either because if either player increases in value I can no longer do it without downgrading elsewhere.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by little_wizard123
I've still not pulled the trigger, but I will WC tonight.

I don't even "need" to use my WC since I already have Aguero, but I'm just getting absolutely dumped on.

I thought Stones was a good shout at 5m but he's yet to keep a CS. As soon as I dropped Payet, he started playing and assisting. Firmino inexplicably injured in a game where he would've destroyed. Aguero suspended for 3 games...

The only efficient players I think I have are Walker, Sterling and Snodgrass.
We'll see how my strikers do today but I really think I need a reshuffle.
In the slightly odd position of having Ibra (c) and having transferred him out already. Not sure if I want him to rack up points or not!
Capoue is killing me here...I think I have no choice but to put him in, they've got good fixtures too. Watch him stop doing anything then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, just **** off, Capoue.
Capoue 4 goals from 5 shots, this is ridiculous, suppose Atleast the double United defence is halted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is genuinely someone in my league whose midfield is fer Antonio snodgrass capoue 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Capoue on my bench again. Going to put him on my XI watch him do **** all now.

Latest