The Student Room Group

People that went to not so great universities

Did you ever feel bad or think you made the wrong choice of university when you joined TSR?

obviously this site has a skewed view and there is a lot of elitist views heres, Warwick is seen as a rubbish uni here and although it is pretty bad it's not THAT bad.

I wonder how newbies to the site feel when they see people sh*t on any university that isn't top 10/15.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BabyLadDarren
Did you ever feel bad or think you made the wrong choice of university when you joined TSR?

obviously this site has a skewed view and there is a lot of elitist views heres, Warwick is seen as a rubbish uni here and although it is pretty bad it's not THAT bad.

I wonder how newbies to the site feel when they see people sh*t on any university that isn't top 10/15.

Warwick is ranked 8th in the UK and 51st in the world. It may or may not be weak for certain subjects but Warwick is a very strong university. on what basis are you saying it is bad? It is top ten in the UK is part of the Russel group and just outside the top 50 globally.

Yes Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial College London and University College London are generally that bit better. However outside of those four there really is not a university in this country that has a significant lead on them.

I suspect you are either trolling or have not done your research.
Let the triggering begin.
Reply 3
Reply 4
Original post by Luke7456
Warwick is ranked 8th in the UK and 51st in the world. It may or may not be weak for certain subjects but Warwick is a very strong university. on what basis are you saying it is bad? It is top ten in the UK is part of the Russel group and just outside the top 50 globally.

Yes Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial College London and University College London are generally that bit better. However outside of those four there really is not a university in this country that has a significant lead on them.

I suspect you are either trolling or have not done your research.

lemme guess, you went to warwick
Original post by Bros R Us
lemme guess, you went to warwick

No They are in the top 5 I plan to apply to next year.

I would prefer Cambridge or imperial but I would not be ashamed to go to Warwick. Are we really going to say that anything outside of the top four is just really bad?
wtf i will never understand people's hatred of warwick on this website.. it literally is equivalent to saying UCL, bristol or durham are "pretty bad"
I'm going to roehampton lol. I had a rough time at A levels... (gsce's i did well 3 A's rest B's)... but hey university is further educations... its that or I start a 12k a year job.
I go to Greenwich which is pretty bad but it was either that Westminster or Hertfordshire from my offers maybe I picked the worst one though ..
Reply 9
"Warwick [...] is pretty bad"

- TSR, 2016
I feel very sorry for anyone using TSR who goes to a metropolitan university
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I feel very sorry for anyone using TSR who goes to a metropolitan university

I think its more of a question in what you do your degree in. If you do a STEM degree (regardless of the University) you attend, your options are just as good if you went to a higher University.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BioGeek
I think its more of a question in what you do your degree in. If you do a STEM degree (regardless of the University) you attend, your options are just as good if you went to a higher University.

lol nah bro
Original post by BabyLadDarren
lol nah bro

Within reason.
I don't get too hung up on the issue, it is what it is.

I was a straight A student until I smoked too much weed as a teenager, which in hindsight was a very poor decision but it's water under the bridge. Now I'm going to Leicester(which isn't a bad uni) on the back of an Access Course and plan on trying to get into a top uni for postgrad.

TSRians have collective OCD about it anyway, you can still do well in the real world if you don't go to a top 5 uni.
Original post by JamesN88
I don't get too hung up on the issue, it is what it is.

I was a straight A student until I smoked too much weed as a teenager, which in hindsight was a very poor decision but it's water under the bridge. Now I'm going to Leicester(which isn't a bad uni) on the back of an Access Course and plan on trying to get into a top uni for postgrad.

TSRians have collective OCD about it anyway, you can still do well in the real world if you don't go to a top 5 uni.

Absolutely. GL in your degree.
I feel like TSR doesn't have the time to mock Unis like UCLan when they're mocking ones like Warick.
Oh, here we go, the same old boring uni elitism.

Come on everyone, get it out of your system. That's it, there we go. Ease into it. Thaaaaaaat's it. There, there. Don't hold anything back, will you? There we go, alllll better. :yawn:

Reply 18
Original post by iEthan
Oh, here we go, the same old boring uni elitism.

Come on everyone, get it out of your system. That's it, there we go. Ease into it. Thaaaaaaat's it. There, there. Don't hold anything back, will you? There we go, alllll better. :yawn:

Threads like this always make me feel terrible about myself haha
Original post by AshEntropy
Threads like this always make me feel terrible about myself haha

Just bores me tbh. I've seen it so much that I'm immune. Don't take any notice of it.

Quick Reply

Latest