The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
You need to be hatching those 10km eggs and powering stuff up! Have you powered anything yet? Seems like you can add like 200-400 CP from just that alone which is huge.

What did you decide on your bellsprout in the end?

I've been hatching eggs left/right/centre and picked up loads of candy for some pokemon from that.

Now I basically have the 100 candies I need to evolve into a Poliwrath and a Victrebell.

I could either evolve my current Weepinbell which has IV stats at 40% and is CP612 or I could try to save another 25 candies to evolve a Bellsprout (I have 3 which have stats which are around 90%)?

Victrebell would be either CP920 if I evolve Weepinbell but if I hold out then for Bellsprout then it would be CP1420.

I have a bizarre Poliwhirl which has IV stats of 4/15/15 - would make a 1500 Poliwrath or I have a more rounded Poliwag with 13/13/12 but would be a 1400 Poliwrath (+ looking for an extra 25 candies).

Do I care about strong-ish pokemon or just filling as much of pokedex before I lose interest? I'd probably rarely battle with them (since have Snorlax/Lapras) and the moveset they pick up would be way more important..

Annoyingly I'm now on 42 candies for Growlith (having hatched my 3rd one) so would only need to find 2 more in the wild to evolve (but I don't think I've seen any wild ones?). Will be really annoyed if I finally get there and it has Bulldoze as the move..

Just picked up 6 2km eggs which is annoying but I did hatch my first Charmander! :biggrin:

Congrats on the Charmander. =)
I think I'll wait a while before evolving. If I'm lucky I'll get a good one from an egg because, I don't have many candy right now for it and so, evolving it would be kind wreckless...
So, will wait until I get to 125 candy. =)
Has anyone been playing with the new update where you can get candy from having a buddy pokemon? If so how much do you get from it, haven't been playing much recently but thinking about getting back into it a bit more.
Original post by AutomatedWaffles
Has anyone been playing with the new update where you can get candy from having a buddy pokemon? If so how much do you get from it, haven't been playing much recently but thinking about getting back into it a bit more.

Basically the candy is seperated into 3 different distances, 1, 3 and 5k per candy. Chart below;

Spoiler

It doesn't seem that worthwhile tbh, I mean you'd have to walk 575km to evolve a single dratini catch (I'd hope you'd find at least one more in that time, but you see my point) It seems to be a way of boosting starters and snorlax more than anything else.
Original post by Donkey******
It doesn't seem that worthwhile tbh, I mean you'd have to walk 575km to evolve a single dratini catch (I'd hope you'd find at least one more in that time, but you see my point) It seems to be a way of boosting starters and snorlax more than anything else.

It's a nice bonus tbh. You're already walking for eggs and to find stuff so getting a few extra candies along the way helps. Agreed that you can't use it as a means to getting highly evolved/powered stuff.

So far I've picked up a couple of Lapras candy for a power up and now I've got a Machop as my buddy as I need 1 more candy to evolve into Machoke. Will probably do a Meowth next as I've been 2 candy short of evolving into Persian for a while.

Just caught a CP 157 Magikarp with perfect IV stats :eek: Shame I'm only at 280 candies..
I was a paying customer but now I quit because its boring. It doesnt feel like the original pokemones like pokemon red, emerald etc. game is way too bland atm.
Yeah it does seem alright, since you're already walking anyway you might as well get a few extra candy. But it will take a while to get any of the higher level ones to evolve or power up a lot. I think they've missed a trick by not releasing the legendary pokemon before all the initial hype has died down, if they wait too long then they're won't be enough people playing anymore for it to matter.
Yeah it does seem alright, since you're already walking anyway you might as well get a few extra candy. But it will take a while to get any of the higher level ones to evolve or power up a lot. I think they've missed a trick by not releasing the legendary pokemon before all the initial hype has died down, if they wait too long then they're won't be enough people playing anymore for it to matter.

Yea it does seem like interest is dropping off.. before I'd lose gyms within 2-5 mins whereas now it can be 20 mins to a day..
On my way into uni today for a walk and noticed a lure placed down by a couple of kids spawned in a Polywrath.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474119306.284146.jpg

Very happy with this one, powered it up a couple of times and is now 1450 something. Should be helpful in taking down gyms Snorlax now. =D
Although I swear to God when I first saw it, it was 100CP higher than the screenshot...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
On my way into uni today for a walk and noticed a lure placed down by a couple of kids spawned in a Polywrath.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474119306.284146.jpg

Very happy with this one, powered it up a couple of times and is now 1450 something. Should be helpful in taking down gyms Snorlax now. =D
Although I swear to God when I first saw it, it was 100CP higher than the screenshot...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh very nice! What moves does it have?
A couple of people I know just got their Pokemon Go Plus stuff. It seems pretty good for grinding, but I couldn't bring myself to pay out for it. It doesn't seem that good
Aww man, I love Poliwrath. So jealous lol. But congrats, he looks very powerful!

I'm leaving my phone on, it wanders around even when still, so I can get some Zubat candy and get a Golbat. I'm just evolving these guys now, and I'll grind for Power Up candies later.
Reply 1672
Has anyone else found this game boring now? I've caught 125 Pokemon and apart from the raries like Farfetch'd, I've pretty much got all the candies I need to evolve up to 142. What else can I do?

Also my game crashed when I found a wild 1500+ Charizard the other day so I'm super pissed off
Original post by UWS
Has anyone else found this game boring now? I've caught 125 Pokemon and apart from the raries like Farfetch'd, I've pretty much got all the candies I need to evolve up to 142. What else can I do?

Also my game crashed when I found a wild 1500+ Charizard the other day so I'm super pissed off

I guess you're option are:
- fill out pokedex
- get your trainer level as high as possible
- assemble and power a team as high as possible

Most games get a bit dull when there's an obvious grind. The game isn't really segmented into levels to make you feel like you've achieved the next stage between grinds..
Ooh very nice! What moves does it have?

Mudshot and Submission.
So, not bad but could be better. Still, at least it has a variety. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Mudshot and Submission.
So, not bad but could be better. Still, at least it has a variety. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice - least you can use Submission against all those Snorlax!

I think I'm on about 57 evolutions and could get to 60 today. Might then use my lucky egg finally!
So used my lucky egg - managed to add 71,500 XP. Didn't get through all my evolutions but I did hatch about 7 eggs during that period. Now jumped to level 25 with 96 of pokedex filled.

Got annoyed because the eggs didn't really give me what I wanted (really wanted a Growlith but instead got 2 Seel and other crap). Also evolved my eevee in a Vaporeon which unfortunately has Aqua Tail (rather than Hydropump). Hatched another Eevee shortly after and in my rage I evolved that one into a Vaporeon too WHICH ALSO HAS AQUA TAIL :frown: Really should have saved the candy and just powered the one I had! Or evolved into a Flareon/Jolteon *sigh*

Evolved a Poliwrath which is CP 1553 and has Mud Shot/Hydrop Pump
Now have 2 Vaporeons which are CP 1604 and 1586 with Water Gun/Aqua Tail (worth powering up or not?)
Got a Hypno with CP 1514 with Zen Headbutt/Psychic

Around 25 different pokemon which are CP1000+ but a lot of my stronger ones are now water pokemon..

Not sure what to buddy now. Still only at 300 Magikarp candy but now I feel like I'll evolve one with Twister :facepalm:
Original post by UWS

Yeah, really bored of the game atm. Not played it in days. I turned it on when the buddy system was introduced but I haven't even used it yet.
Started to use my stardust more liberally now.. sat on 250k and rarely used to date. It's enough to power around 8 more pokemon I think..
So used my lucky egg - managed to add 71,500 XP. Didn't get through all my evolutions but I did hatch about 7 eggs during that period. Now jumped to level 25 with 96 of pokedex filled.

Got annoyed because the eggs didn't really give me what I wanted (really wanted a Growlith but instead got 2 Seel and other crap). Also evolved my eevee in a Vaporeon which unfortunately has Aqua Tail (rather than Hydropump). Hatched another Eevee shortly after and in my rage I evolved that one into a Vaporeon too WHICH ALSO HAS AQUA TAIL :frown: Really should have saved the candy and just powered the one I had! Or evolved into a Flareon/Jolteon *sigh*

Evolved a Poliwrath which is CP 1553 and has Mud Shot/Hydrop Pump
Now have 2 Vaporeons which are CP 1604 and 1586 with Water Gun/Aqua Tail (worth powering up or not?)
Got a Hypno with CP 1514 with Zen Headbutt/Psychic

Around 25 different pokemon which are CP1000+ but a lot of my stronger ones are now water pokemon..

Not sure what to buddy now. Still only at 300 Magikarp candy but now I feel like I'll evolve one with Twister :facepalm:

I have 5 gyarados, I have 2 with bite/ hydro pump the rest have twister or dragon rage.
Sucks so much farming for decent evolutions.

Quick Reply

Latest